Unlikely Animal Friendships

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I look for these on YouTube. I find it fascinating! This one is between an Orangutan and a dog. :)

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
my dog and cat were very close. the dog treated the cat like puppy (the cat was always the size of a large kitten )and would carry her around by her scruff- until the cat got tired of it....the dog once tried to give the cat a bath - the cat was a long-hair - one swipe of the dog's tongue and they were both unhappy! :P then I had to bathe the both of them in the tub! :P

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I have posted this before, but it is my cat Siete and his pet Yorkie Bella. :) They would sleep together and Siete being almost twice her size used to bathe her and protect her like his own.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Very interesting friendship! It seems to me that a dog perceives an orangutan as a person

yup..a strong bond between dogs and primates...makes you wonder sometimes if we got it right. that is; did dogs evolve out of the wolf ONLY after homo sapiens came around or did they rise earlier?

Neanderthal cooked much the same way as early sapiens, with similar cast off scraps