Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Originally, Uncharted was a video game created for PlayStation. It was very successful and was later followed up with four more installments. Especially the later ones of those were massive productions which in scale and quality are comparable to blockbuster Hollywood movies. Now, they made it into a Hollywood blockbuster movie, starring Tom Holland as Nathan Drake and Mark Wahlberg as Sully. After watching the debacle that was Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness yesterday, I was worried that my beloved video game franchise wouldn't be done justice. Turns out, those fears were unwarranted. The movie is actually a great representation of the type of adventure the video games delivered, without being a copy. Fans of the franchise will recognize many scenes from the games, but they are not in the same context. While borrowing from all the different adventures, the story in the movie is in fact an entirely new one. Well done, as far as I'm concerned, as this kept the movie fresh, even for those intimately familiar with the games' stories, while at the same time managing to retain the authentic Uncharted feel. And, of course, it leaves the door wide open for future follow-up installments, which I'm pretty sure will happen. I had my doubts about Tom Holland being the right person to portray the character of Nathan, too young, but he was actually alright. Him and Mark seemed to have good chemistry. Now I'm thinking about it, it's actually a good thing that Tom is young, as this means there is a lot of room for the character to grow, along with that of Sully, just like in the video games. All-in-all, this was a good fun action adventure movie, like a treasure hunting story should be. I had more than a couple of good laughs too. Can't wait for more of this.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Fun fact. In the video games, the Chloe character is played by Claudia Black. Shame she couldn't be in this movie due to the age difference with Tom. At least, that's the way I'm looking at it.