Uh Oh

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
They could do that. But what would happen is that a sub-internet or alter-internet would replace it. And geeks would build it, just like they created the internet. Technically, groups of people could form their own intranets. VPN-like protocols could be created to tunnel through the internet just as they do now, but would be custom protocols only understood by the endpoints. Many ways to get around it.

You have to remember, the internet was not created by the government. The government did not even hire the geeks who created it. They arose from the general population and not on college campuses. Steve Jobs did not have a degree. He dropped out of Reed College, but he founded and ran the most profitable company ever to exist PLUS Pixar. He was a Buddhist, and he smoked pot. :)

I will not live in fear of anything. Fear is the mind killer.

View attachment 30876

from my "stupid" view of it :shame: all they would have to do is shut down telephone, cable and sat signals and then there would be no internet access for anyone save those who had the privilege of using the commo lines (they paid or otherwise are favorites of the govt/corporation)

if those three methods were blocked/cut, what other way is there to get on the net?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
from my "stupid" view of it :shame: all they would have to do is shut down telephone, cable and sat signals and then there would be no internet access for anyone save those who had the privilege of using the commo lines (they paid or otherwise are favorites of the govt/corporation)

if those three methods were blocked/cut, what other way is there to get on the net?

There isn't. But if things disintegrated to that point, why would anyone WANT to get to the net? :) Isn't that like asking if Netflix would still be working if there was a nuclear war? :anim_59: But there would still be radio, and HAM radio bands can carry network signals.