Two and a Half Men

S

Stonelesscutter

I just saw the first episode of season 9 of Two and a Half Men and I just wanted to say that despite Charlie not being in it it was an amazingly funny episode. They really did a great job with it.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I yawned through most of it. I wanted to like it but it just tried too hard and reeked of Chuck Lorre revenge. When the motivation to continue a series goes from creative outlet and entertainment to "I'll show him!", it's time to hang the hat and call it a day.

S

Stonelesscutter

I yawned through most of it. I wanted to like it but it just tried too hard and reeked of Chuck Lorre revenge. When the motivation to continue a series goes from creative outlet end entertainment to "I'll show him!", it's time to hang the hat and call it a day.

I didn't see it that way. Sure it could be interpreted as you did but the way I see it the show was so hung up on Charlie that to continue without him was nearly impossible. What they did with this first new episode was mention him a lot so the transition would go smoothly. They also made it clear Charlie's never coming back. And they also managed to introduce a new character which looks set to replace Charlie. I think he did alright this first episode and I'm hoping he'll continue to do so. I laughed my ass off at several times during this ep, especially during the ceremony. :)

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
saw this one myself and i cant say they did a bad job of it.. and it was actually sellable to me.. i'll most likely keep watching to see where it goes..

OMNI

I didn't see it that way. Sure it could be interpreted as you did but the way I see it the show was so hung up on Charlie that to continue without him was nearly impossible. What they did with this first new episode was mention him a lot so the transition would go smoothly. They also made it clear Charlie's never coming back. And they also managed to introduce a new character which looks set to replace Charlie. I think he did alright this first episode and I'm hoping he'll continue to do so. I laughed my ass off at several times during this ep, especially during the ceremony. :)
i agree with you man!

did you also think it felt... "Fresher"? imo it did as the whole charlie thing was just getting too repetative.. maybe this could work.. and go on for another 9 seasons :D

S

Stonelesscutter

i agree with you man!

did you also think it felt... "Fresher"? imo it did as the whole charlie thing was just getting too repetative.. maybe this could work.. and go on for another 9 seasons :D

Indeed the Charlie-thing was getting repetitive. This new character is also loaded, even way more so than Charlie, so I bet the dependency of Charlie's brother (no I don't recall his name) will transfer over to him, keeping a similar structure to the show. But the new character also has some very different traits compared with Charlie so in that respect it will be fresh. I doubt the show will go on for another 9 seasons though. :) But we'll see.

S

Stonelesscutter

Here's a short video about the end of Charlie Harper. Hope it'll be viewable for everyone.

Video removed due to discontinuation of channel.

S

Stonelesscutter

Just saw the second episode of the new Two and a Half Men season. I think they just might pull this one off. New status quo (resembling old status quo) has been pretty much established in only two episodes totalling about 45 minutes.

S

Stonelesscutter

I don't know about the rest of you but I'm still very much enjoying the new Two and a Half Men season. In fact I laughed my @$$ off this morning watching last night's episode.

Opening scene was fun with the attempted chair-jacking. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdcuUZMkhSQ

And here's some other funny parts of the episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kuRGsIX4lg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3WYClvTLHY

[video=youtube;B5_mTwBFB-k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5_mTwBFB-k

Ofcourse these weren't the only funny parts of the ep so if you feel like seeing more then go watch it. ;)

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
I've been enjoying this season as well, actually more than the last few seasons with Charlie. I wonder from the end of the last episode if they're setting up Bridget to be some sort of Rose analogue for Walden. It sure seemed that way when Rose showed up at the end to "teach her" as she put it.

OMNI

I've been enjoying this season as well, actually more than the last few seasons with Charlie. I wonder from the end of the last episode if they're setting up Bridget to be some sort of Rose analogue for Walden. It sure seemed that way when Rose showed up at the end to "teach her" as she put it.
agreed! the old show with charlie was getting stale but enter walden and it sort of works again tho the whole show is pretty much an F-U to sheen so i dont know how to feel

and yep sure seems like she is the new Rose.