True Blood Gets Order for Season 6

Illiterati

Council Member & Author

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I know this sounds cynical but I actually found the season opener to be a bore. I'm so sick of these characters not growing, not learning their lessons. They just seem to keep repeating stupid stuff over and over and over. It's like they have the characters get into a bad situation and then extricate themselves from it only to go right into another bad situation. Jason -- God love him -- seems particularly moronic. I'm just not interested in this show anymore. Leave it up to Alan Ball to make vampires boring and tedious. :suspicion:

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I know this sounds cynical but I actually found the season opener to be a bore. I'm so sick of these characters not growing, not learning their lessons. They just seem to keep repeating stupid stuff over and over and over. It's like they have the characters get into a bad situation and then extricate themselves from it only to go right into another bad situation. Jason -- God love him -- seems particularly moronic. I'm just not interested in this show anymore. Leave it up to Alan Ball to make vampires boring and tedious. :suspicion:
This is Ball's last season as showrunner, so I'm curious to see what happens without him controlling things in season 6. Perhaps things will stop being the weekly orgy.

Well, one can hope, anyway.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
This is Ball's last season as showrunner, so I'm curious to see what happens without him controlling things in season 6. Perhaps things will stop being the weekly orgy.

Well, one can hope, anyway.

Yup, those scenes are hardly titillating, they're just painfully contrived, which is yet another reason this show is off my list now.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Yup, those scenes are hardly titillating, they're just painfully contrived, which is yet another reason this show is off my list now.
We still watch it.

I consider it research on what NOT to put into one of my novels.

I write about vampires and what are essentially werelions. Other than that, no other "supernatural" critters to be found therein.

G

Graybrew1

It is good to hear that this show will be around for a while to come. I think maybe this season will be a good one.

Highlander

GateFans Cadet
I know it is getting way out there. I am hoping it gets back to some sense of what it use to be. I mean why would they turn Terra? Really, Doesn't make a damn bit of sense to me. Maybe they will do one of those in a dream things like Sooki was dreaming or Terra? Something. I will say I am so over Sooki's fake crying is sad. I mean a child in grade school can fake cry better. Urgh.