http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlvKLDTFkkA

That's badass! :D

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Cool looking...but I dont trust it.

I like those effects they showed, but the last Transformers movie was nothing more than a teen romp complete with cliched characters and dialogue and humping robot. I absolutely HATED it. Almost walked out. So, Im gonna wait this time and read the reviews and listen to comments. Somehow, that trailer reminds me of the Skyline trailer which was also exciting but didnt deliver.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
I like those effects they showed, but the last Transformers movie was nothing more than a teen romp complete with cliched characters and dialogue and humping robot. I absolutely HATED it. Almost walked out. So, Im gonna wait this time and read the reviews and listen to comments. Somehow, that trailer reminds me of the Skyline trailer which was also exciting but didnt deliver.
When I was like 9, I used to enjoy watching Beastwars(Beasties if you are canadian),and it was one of the first ever sci-fi shows I ever watched.
I rented this movie on bluray actually.I actually...enjoyed it :o. My expectation were pretty much spot on what the movie was going to be like, just action and almost no storyline. I just watched it because of the special effects and action.
Agreed that the plot went out the window, and the characters were cliched, but the effects were superb! I wouldn't as to go as far as calling this as bad as skyline as it wasn't that bad.
Come on don't tell me you didn't enjoy the battle between Optimus Prime and Megatron?
Thing is when you watch michael bay movies, you pay very little attention to the storyline.
Don't get me wrong, I still prefer intelligent sci-fi over crap sci-fi but, to me the special effects made up for the no plot movie. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I loved the battles!

When I was like 9, I used to enjoy watching Beastwars(Beasties if you are canadian),and it was one of the first ever sci-fi shows I ever watched.
I rented this movie on bluray actually.I actually...enjoyed it :o. My expectation were pretty much spot on what the movie was going to be like, just action and almost no storyline. I just watched it because of the special effects and action.
Agreed that the plot went out the window, and the characters were cliched, but the effects were superb! I wouldn't as to go as far as calling this as bad as skyline as it wasn't that bad.
Come on don't tell me you didn't enjoy the battle between Optimus Prime and Megatron?

Don't get me wrong, I still prefer intelligent sci-fi over crap sci-fi but, to me the special effects made up for the no plot movie. :)

Sure I did! But the rest of it ruins it for me. Its like watching an awesome space battle, but its taking place on a huge monitor inside of somebody's bedroom with moaning in the background. A humping robot? Mudflap and Skids? I dont think so!

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Michael Bay is an asshole estraordinaire

I'm so glad I didn't waste money seeing "Transformers" in the theater. Such total shit! There's so much wrong with that crap that I can't even begin to list it all because my head is about to explode. Horrible, truly horrible.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Me too...but didnt walk out.

I was done with transformers when in the first movie one of the robots lifted up their leg and peed. I walked out.

I wanted to walk out at that moment in the first one as well, but I had my nephew with me so I couldnt. The second movie I was going to walk out even though he was with me, and then go to see another movie in the same complex. After the humping moment, I was still thinking of a feasible way to walk out and see a different movie. I even ashed him if he was enjoying it and if he would rather see something else, but he said "we have such good seats!". :facepalm:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I was done with transformers when in the first movie one of the robots lifted up their leg and peed. I walked out.

The first movie I ever walked out of was "Blade Trinity". A couple minutes into it and I had my intelligence insulted so badly I raced for the door.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Transformers 1 was not great but at least somewhat watchable. Revenge of the Fallen was dreck.

And given the poor acting in both, what does it tell you about Megan Fox that the producers fired her for number three specifically because of poor acting?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
LOL, I rented that one and couldnt get through it.

The first movie I ever walked out of was "Blade Trinity". A couple minutes into it and I had my intelligence insulted so badly I raced for the door.

I totally understand why! I rented that movie and couldnt make it through all the way. But believe it or not, I actually walked out on Star Wars the Phantom Menace. I had my niece and nephew and my girlfriend with me, and when JarJar Binks came on the screen I was midway between putting a handful of popcorn into my mouth and it just froze there mid scoop. I left the kids with her, and went to see The Matrix elsewhere in the same complex. Later I rented it when it was released on DVD and Jar Jar still irks me.

Aragon101

Illusive Deity of Fanfic
La la la la la la!!!!

Transformers? Oh, you mean that awesome movie where a Special Forces Team has to help Optimus Prime and Co defeat Megatron? What kid? What are you talking about? There was an A-10 strike for crying out loud!

*sticks fingers in ears and starts humming loudly*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SrFS10xrjM

This is the movie i remember :D

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member

What? You didn't love blade Trinity </SARC>???

The weird part is that the basic plot premise could have been made into a good film, but they totally executed it wrong (and Parker Posey was hilariously bad as a vampire)...

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
Very unimpressed

Uhhh, I don't see anything special or particularly interesting in that very short video. It's a teaser with a handful of action half-scenes and explosions. So what? The quality or lack of those was never the issue with Transformers, as Aragon's awesome trailer clearly points out!
Thus I know nothing about the 3rd movie other than there are robot fights, explosions and it gets dark... But is the boom-boom and pew-pew gratuitous? Does the plot make sense (assuming there is one)? Is the acting convincing?

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

I think that trailer looks pretty awesome. Here is another one I found which is quite interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpUO1eReMyA

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
What? You didn't love blade Trinity </SARC>???

The weird part is that the basic plot premise could have been made into a good film, but they totally executed it wrong (and Parker Posey was hilariously bad as a vampire)...

Parker Posey was horrendous as a vampire, and not in a funny, campy sort of way. She just sucked donkey balls in the role -- and I only saw a couple minutes worth of her. They did a shitty job with the SFX for her and her vampire teeth didn't match the rest of her ******-up grill. Her fangs were so cheap looking and it was cringe worthy when they did a close up of her mouth. It looked like they bought her fangs at a Halloween shop.

The editing for when the first scene she is in is ungodly bad and I can't believe it made it to print. There's a scene where she goes to sit down (maybe on Blade's lap, I can't remember) and it's glaringly out of sequence. I was groaning by that point.

I got up to leave when the Jessica Biel character was explaining why, exactly, she was in the fucking movie. It was such a stupid jumble of dialogue that fell out of her mouth I turned to my buddy and said "We're out of here." And this was only a couple minutes into the film.

Everyone involved with the making of that film should be in jail. And even though Wesley Snipes is cooling his heels in prison right now it isn't for his atrocious acting in the Blade movies, but I'm not picky and I'll take what I can get. ;)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Good man!

I totally understand why! I rented that movie and couldnt make it through all the way. But believe it or not, I actually walked out on Star Wars the Phantom Menace. I had my niece and nephew and my girlfriend with me, and when JarJar Binks came on the screen I was midway between putting a handful of popcorn into my mouth and it just froze there mid scoop. I left the kids with her, and went to see The Matrix elsewhere in the same complex. Later I rented it when it was released on DVD and Jar Jar still irks me.

If you hate the abortive trilogy that are the prequels to "Star Wars" as much as I do then you must watch these crazy video reviews by this guy Plinkett. Watch them in order. You'll laugh your ass off. I only wish this guy had done reviews of SGU. He would have knocked it out of the park!

Start with this one and then check out the rest of his reviews:

http://www.redlettermedia.com/phantom_menace.html

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Awesome review!!!!

If you hate the abortive trilogy that are the prequels to "Star Wars" as much as I do then you must watch these crazy video reviews by this guy Plinkett. Watch them in order. You'll laugh your ass off. I only wish this guy had done reviews of SGU. He would have knocked it out of the park!

Start with this one and then check out the rest of his reviews:

http://www.redlettermedia.com/phantom_menace.html

LMFAO!!!!!! That guy is AWESOME! A man after my own heart...he picked it apart and explained everything so clearly! He gets a special bookmark! :joy:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Cool teaser, but Im still not fooled.

I think that trailer looks pretty awesome. Here is another one I found which is quite interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpUO1eReMyA

OK, this is much more interesting. :beckettu:

I never said it didnt LOOK cool. :) But the characters and the story is always a disappointment and the so-called humor is only suitable for children who laugh at farts and cutesy humping robots and stereotypical crap. My nephew will not be seeing this one with me until I know it isnt like Transformers 2.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
I never said it didnt LOOK cool. :) But the characters and the story is always a disappointment and the so-called humor is only suitable for children who laugh at farts and cutesy humping robots and stereotypical crap. My nephew will not be seeing this one with me until I know it isnt like Transformers 2.

I've got good news for you then...Michael bay did say the next movie won't have the college humour...
One thing we're getting rid of is what I call the dorky comedy," Bay adds. So the twins, the two bumbling, slang-spewing robots? "They're basically gone," he says, though John Turturro returns for comic relief.

You can't blame him much for the shitty script,the writers were on strike(2007/08) if you remember :)
http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/news/2010-06-11-Transformers11_ST_N.htm

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Parker Posey was horrendous as a vampire, and not in a funny, campy sort of way. She just sucked donkey balls in the role -- and I only saw a couple minutes worth of her. They did a shitty job with the SFX for her and her vampire teeth didn't match the rest of her fucked-up grill. Her fangs were so cheap looking and it was cringe worthy when they did a close up of her mouth. It looked like they bought her fangs at a Halloween shop.

The editing for when the first scene she is in is ungodly bad and I can't believe it made it to print. There's a scene where she goes to sit down (maybe on Blade's lap, I can't remember) and it's glaringly out of sequence. I was groaning by that point.

I got up to leave when the Jessica Biel character was explaining why, exactly, she was in the fucking movie. It was such a stupid jumble of dialogue that fell out of her mouth I turned to my buddy and said "We're out of here." And this was only a couple minutes into the film.

Everyone involved with the making of that film should be in jail. And even though Wesley Snipes is cooling his heels in prison right now it isn't for his atrocious acting in the Blade movies, but I'm not picky and I'll take what I can get. ;)

True enough, I'm not sure there are words to properly describe how bad Posey was. Even worse, with the way they made her up and outfitted her I was left wondering why on earth Hannibal King would have "hooked up" with her. The only thing I can thing of is he was stoned completely out of his mind at the time.

No doubt we'll find out that the SGU production and writing teams were avid fand of this movie, and put it on a pedestal with Citizen Kane.