Topic on GW about "cheering for SGU to fail"

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
I'm watching where this thread on GayteWorld will go, although I suspect it will eventually be about us and eventually get closed down.
Especially when people start stating all the good reasons for hating SGU instead of just disapproving of the SG fans who want it to fail...

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
KEK (the arse) is trying to hassle my baby...but she can handle him. :)

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
Yes, but she is walking a fine line at that heavily censored place. I hope she doesn't get modded or banned...

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Actually, KEK has shown signs of "improvement" of late. Perhaps he's just trying to backpeddle a little bit with his "community vision" crap. Oh, and Rac80, I'm sure she will defend herself well.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Yes, but she is walking a fine line at that heavily censored place. I hope she doesn't get modded or banned...

Actually, KEK has shown signs of "improvement" of late. Perhaps he's just trying to backpeddle a little bit with his "community vision" crap. Oh, and Rac80, I'm sure she will defend herself well.

Sami_ to the rescue.:) great point there. :D What is funny is that GW has been going after the posters who are derailing threads and provoking those who dislike sgu.... no more "gang banging" the haters I guess. ;) Something tells me GW sees the cancellation coming and are trying to back off a bit. I guess they want the non sgu fans to come back. :P

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Its a travesty. Gateworld is officially a CLUB now.

Looks like the thread was closed down, but don't know if it was manicured afterwards.

Why dont they just issue club memberships and simply close everything off to the public? They have already restricted "lurking" which is actually BROWSING the site and forums. So the censorship goes both ways. They are manipulating the thoughts and opinions of their captive audience, whist preventing casual reading of what is being discussed there. Now, I dont even have permission to upload an avatar or even access my user control panel, although I can log in and post (and am on permanent moderation). LMAO :icon_lol:

Worst-Part-Of-Censorship-Button-(0874).jpg

reichgateworld.jpg

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
I don't think what the moderators did there was wrong. The topic "Why wish and cheer for a show to fail istead of just not watching it?" has nothing to do with SGU.

Deity59

GateFans Noob
Skygate is actually Skynet. It's the machines man, they want us squabbling amongst ourselves until judgment day.

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
Well, the thread is closed, so...

...Sorry Sami_, as much as I luv you and the serious butt you kick at GayteWorld, I have to say you're very wrong on this one:

sa.png

The people responsible for this MAJOR screw-up called SGU deserve to lose their job - and hopefully find one that's more productive and more enjoyable. For us and for themselves!
It doesn't matter how long they worked on the franchise. If I spent millions of my company's money on a new project that caused it to lose most of its customers, ruined its image and even threatened to put it out of business, the owners and investors aren't gonna say "look he did wonderful work for 13 years!". It would be boot city big time - out the door, and probably even a major lawsuit as a take home souvenir.
That's the way things work in a free society: You succeed, you get rewarded. You fail, go try something else.

So, throw the bums out who are bringing the Stargate franchise down! :rononwraith:

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

...Sorry Sami_, as much as I luv you and the serious butt you kick at GayteWorld, I have to say you're very wrong on this one:

View attachment 808

The people responsible for this MAJOR screw-up called SGU deserve to lose their job - and hopefully find one that's more productive and more enjoyable. For us and for themselves!
It doesn't matter how long they worked on the franchise. If I spent millions of my company's money on a new project that caused it to lose most of its customers, ruined its image and even threatened to put it out of business, the owners and investors aren't gonna say "look he did wonderful work for 13 years!". It would be boot city big time - out the door, and probably even a major lawsuit as a take home souvenir.
That's the way things work in a free society: You succeed, you get rewarded. You fail, go try something else.

So, throw the bums out who are bringing the Stargate franchise down! :rononwraith:

I'm totally with you on this one. I'm not going to go down the usual path of "TPTB in a midlife crisis". Instead I will simply say that when people in all areas of the arts become successful, sometimes they start to believe their own hype due to their ongoing success & begin to believe that anything they make is gold & start producing pretentious shit under the notion that "I made this so it must be good!". It happens to artists, musicians, singers, writers, poets, directors etc all the time & SGU is such as instance. The utter arrogance of TPTB & how they have ridden roughshod over a successful franchise, a household name & it's fanbase is reprehensible. They are going to fall back to Earth with quite a thud.

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
While we're on the topic:
How convenient that Tanith showed up just in time to stop the thread by dropping the "H" word:

T.png

Is that the "name calling" which led the mods to close the topic? So why doesn't Skydiver make good on her warning and punish him for disrupting the thread?? ;)
Well, because Tanith is the resident drone who works for TPTB (as has been shown here before) and was probably called in to do damage control - either by GW or by the mods themselves! Can't have the fans realizing how many people hate SGU and want it to go away, can they?
Since BW & JM couldn't make a decent show out of SGU, this is what they have to resort to at GayteWorld: censorship, moles, manipulation... Pathetic!

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
Tanith the Squee King!

... already made their minds up .... :smiley_squee: :smiley_squee:

Like I'm supposed to ... just keep watching ... :rotflmao:

It'll get better ... :rotflmao:

Aragon101

Illusive Deity of Fanfic
Gateworld is dying the same death Daniel did. A slow and horrible cancer which is tearing the main body apart.

The sad thing is, it's not hte cancer itself that's killing gateworld, it's the constant injections of chemotherapy (modding and censure) which is doing hte major damage.

Gateworld is dying, the franchise is dying, and TPTB are to blame for the radioactive dreck they gave the fans in the form of SGU.

Hmmm that's an oddly apt metaphor. Excuse me while i go get myself an ice cold diet cola as a reward.