Titles which were removed from Netflix on New Year's Day

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Fair enough. Let me ask you this...will you continue to have it if it doubles in price? Imagine instead of $79.00/yr, it goes to $158? for me, that is a bit too rich. There is always Overstock.com which also offers free shipping, and it is only $19.00 a year:

View attachment 29435

The other movies and stuff not on Netflix is probably on Redbox.

Now if overstock kept that shipping price and teamed with someone like redbox for streaming at the same price-that would be enticing. the current redbox line up on roku is terrible, also, it contains a lot of trailers and ads for other films which are not available through redbox.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Both of you are claiming Netflix is losing market share. I cannot verify that. :) Please post evidence that Netflix is losing market share. I do, however, have LOTS of proof from Amazon and other sources that say that Prime is a huge money loser and they WILL at least double the price. Much like what happened when Netflix split out it's DVD service from the streaming. But AP does not have a separate service. If Netflix had not split the service, it would have cost still only about $16.00/mo

Everything I am reading tells me that Netflix is the market leader, ahead of Amazon, Hulu and all the other services...AND it's subscriber base is still growing. Amazon Prime's main draw is free shipping for the merchandise it sells, not the streaming service. So comparing the two for me seems incongruous. Sure, the others are "clawing themselves up" in the market, but Netflix is still king of the streaming online services:

http://wallstcheatsheet.com/stocks/is-netflix-losing-its-grip-on-new-users.html/?a=viewall

It may fall, but right now it is not falling. So, where do you guys get that Netflix is losing market share?

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Both of you are claiming Netflix is losing market share. I cannot verify that. :) Please post evidence that Netflix is losing market share. I do, however, have LOTS of proof from Amazon and other sources that say that Prine is a huge money loser and they WILL at least double the price. Much like what happened when Netflix split out it's DVD service from the streaming. But AP does not have a separate service. If Netflix had not split the service, it would have cost still only about $16.00/mo

Everything I am reading tells me that Netflix is the market leader, ahead of Amaon, Hulu and all the other servces...AND it's subscriber base is still growing. Amazon Prime's main draw is free shipping for the merchandise it sells, not the streaming service. So comparing the two for me seems incongruous. Sure, the others are "clawing themselves up" in the market, but Netflix is still king of the streaming online services:

http://wallstcheatsheet.com/stocks/is-netflix-losing-its-grip-on-new-users.html/?a=viewall

It may fall, but right now it is not falling. So, where do you guys get that Netflix is losing market share?

They are probably, no doubt, still far ahead (just finished watching both seasons of HOUSE OF CARDS and if they can make some sci fi as good as this show, it will get even more subscribers) it is just that when any newcomer enters into a market place and gets even one customer, it effects the market share--that's all I am saying.

If you go to some "stock market advice" sites, they always seem to being crapping on netflix saying "don't invest in netflix"-their reasons seam childish and they continue to bring up that long dead debacle netflix caused themselves with their temporary decision to split services. they ignore the original series' and the ones planned to come out.

Like I said, the only pay services on my roku that I think are any good are #1 NETFLIX and a distant #2 Amazon Prime--The rest of the pay services are rip offs and I do not see how they ever hope to contend with Amazon let alone NETFLIX.

I do not see why Apr can't expand their total offerings and their Aprime offerings-surely they have more capital then NETFLIX?

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Every time I see this thread pop up I burst out laughing. I'm always reading "Titties which were removed from Netflix...".

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
I heard on the news today that Netflix has made a deal to stream directly from each of our service providers . So I guess this means way faster movie and show watching

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I heard on the news today that Netflix has made a deal to stream directly from each of our service providers . So I guess this means way faster movie and show watching

So, they'd be paying Rogers, Bell, Telus, etc to act as content distribution networks (CDN). That sounds expensive.