This one's for you, Skydiver!

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I wanted to PROVE you can screenshot a post without being logged into GW:

screenshot50.jpg

How you ask can you tell it was snatched without being logged in to GW....

look at the bottom left of each post...thre is no reputation "button" nor a report "triangle"....

SO LEAVE MY DAUGHTER ALONE! CAPICE????

Feeling_Grizzly1600x1200.jpg

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Are they bothering Snookie?

Oh yes, several of the squeedrones have been trying to get her banned and she has recieved a threat from sky that if I post stuff from GW they will assume I have used her account to log in. I needed to prove I can screenshot without logging in. Mess with the baby and the mama grizzly gets a free lunch! ;)

Aragon101

Illusive Deity of Fanfic
Twilight Fanfiction is better than the original source!

Ba-dum-tish!

It's sad that they're attacking people out of the relationships they have with others. I'm shocked they haven't tried to ban or even warn me much more than veiled suggestions that i shouldn't post.

In fact, the only modding i've suffered recently was calling Hinman out on his BS. but then again the entire forum did that :P They even kept my original post so GW is very confusing for me ATM.

I still can't say SGU feels like a botched colonscopy though :(

I actually want to mail a ton of great fanfic which does a dark SG style justice! I want Joe Mallozzi to read SBZ's "The Way" series to see some downright awesome dark storytelling :D

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Just kidding... But C'mon, you read Twilight FanFiction? Yet You don't seem to like SGU..:confused: hehehehehehe
:rotflmao::laughing:

I guess there's different levels to garbage

Re-Cycling
Scrap
Twilight FanFics
Trash
garbage
compost
SGU <-----\\

Just puling yer leg, mama grizzly..

yerp..actually only one was twilight...muntiny of the bounties is a hilarious sg1 fan fic(VERY FUNNY!!!) and out of the blue is also stargate but it's cassie/major davis ;) just have them there when I get bored! :P And you can see how many tabs I have open at a time! :P

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Oh yes, several of the squeedrones have been trying to get her banned and she has recieved a threat from sky that if I post stuff from GW they will assume I have used her account to log in. I needed to prove I can screenshot without loggin in. Mess with the baby and the mama grizzly gets a free lunch! ;)

Isn't that Cyberstalking Rache?
Aren't there Laws in the US to prevent such activities?

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
HMmmmmmmmmmm maybe I should report skydiver huh? ;)

Aragon101

Illusive Deity of Fanfic
Since i can only speak from personal experience, Sky seems more reasonable than the other mods who've snipped stuff from me such as the term "twu wuv" which is evidently insulting to sam/jack shippers.

GW's really become very fascist if what i'm hearing here is true (and i do believe it)

I guess i've just been lucky that i haven't been attacked myself since i typically only speak when it's unambiguously ridiculous that i have to call it out :P

Night Fury

GateFans Noob
HMmmmmmmmmmm maybe I should report skydiver huh? ;)

I would I if I were you. That is wrong. As wrong as it is that you were banned because of something they had no business getting involved in they defiantly have no right to threaten Snookie. Snookie is her own person and as long as she follows the rules which I know she does they have no reason to say a thing to her.

Aragon101

Illusive Deity of Fanfic
It's a personal targeting me thinks as I and others here have made tons of fun of the squeedrones over on GW. Hell i mock Pantyloons and Deevil often here because as you all know, only their opinions matter when it comes to discussing SGU or in fact, ANYTHING. Their level of sycophancy and refusal to see reality before them makes them worthy of being mocked, so damn right i will mock them here. The Rabid Fans list is hilarious and cites examples of their rabidity,

For Gateworld to be doing this means they feel threatened by this thread. WTF does what we do over here mean jack squat to Gayteworld? I curse like a sailor here because it's fun but i don't do it there, does that mean they'll ban me for foul language? Reich Gateworld is showing it's new true colors thanks to SGU.

Gateworld interviewing Michael Hinman was another affront to fan intelligence. The fatass needs to be ostracized from teh community even more than he already is because no one cares what a pathetic sycophant like him thinks. He should just wallow in his buckets of KFC and be quiet.

In the end, Gateworld has NO SAY WHATSOVER ON THESE FORUMS! These forums are for the free discussion and uncensored views and opinions of Stargate Fans! There IS no company line here, we don't expect everyone here to HATE SGU, but it's that same thing that drew us all together.

The franchise is dying, and Gateworld is using the last of its strength to curse us just like Ahab!

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
It's a personal targeting me thinks as I and others here have made tons of fun of the squeedrones over on GW. Hell i mock Pantyloons and Deevil often here because as you all know, only their opinions matter when it comes to discussing SGU or in fact, ANYTHING. Their level of sycophancy and refusal to see reality before them makes them worthy of being mocked, so damn right i will mock them here. The Rabid Fans list is hilarious and cites examples of their rabidity,

For Gateworld to be doing this means they feel threatened by this thread. WTF does what we do over here mean jack squat to Gayteworld? I curse like a sailor here because it's fun but i don't do it there, does that mean they'll ban me for foul language? Reich Gateworld is showing it's new true colors thanks to SGU.

Gateworld interviewing Michael Hinman was another affront to fan intelligence. The fatass needs to be ostracized from teh community even more than he already is because no one cares what a pathetic sycophant like him thinks. He should just wallow in his buckets of KFC and be quiet.

In the end, Gateworld has NO SAY WHATSOVER ON THESE FORUMS! These forums are for the free discussion and uncensored views and opinions of Stargate Fans! There IS no company line here, we don't expect everyone here to HATE SGU, but it's that same thing that drew us all together.

The franchise is dying, and Gateworld is using the last of its strength to curse us just like Ahab!

gee aragon, you named names!!!!! they are going to get their wittle feelings hurt and you'll get banned to.... but then as GW has proven with my case...you don't have to ACTUALLY do what they accuse you of to be banned! :P:P

ps-- for anyone lurking who doesn't know-- Pantyloons is our "affectionate" nickname for Mighty6Platoon! ;)

SexyDexy

GateFans Noob
More legal ramblings - I find them interesting, though...

So far there are laws in some but not all US states about cyberstalking/cyberharassment and also cyberbullying (the "bullying" term as far as the laws go only refers to when the target of harassment is a minor). Anyways, I was actually reading the CA code about this last night, and from what I can tell, none of the behavior on either side (meaning GW and here) meets the legal definitions of cyberstalking.

Indirectly making fun of someone online is not cyberstalking (although for cyberbullying some laws are a little bit stricter). So, for example, making fun of certain GW mods on this site is not cyberstalking, since the targets of the mockery are free to ignore this forum (in contrast, sending repeated direct email messages to said mods would be starting to shift into the stalking arena, but still other conditions in the messages would need to be met, I'll get into that more below). Also, trying to get someone banned by association is not stalking, either.

Cyberstalking requires the plaintiff to prove that someone not only engaged in a pattern of behavior with the intent to follow, harass, or alarm the plaintiff, but also that as a result of said conduct the plaintiff "reasonably feared" for his or her safety and the defendant also had to make a credible threat with the intent to place the plaintiff in reasonable fear for his or her safety and then the plaintiff had to ignore a direct request by the plaintiff to stop their behavior.

So, there are a lot of factors that need to be met there. Based on those requirements, no one is cyberstalking anyone (at least not on the forums, I have no knowledge of PMs and emails). But that doesn't mean there isn't some crazy ridiculous conduct from the GW mods! The misconduct is infuriating, but it is nothing anyone could successfully sue over, unfortunately...

Of course I'll put my usual disclaimer that I'm not a lawyer and am just basing this stuff off of reading the laws online :) Also sorry if I went overboard with the formatting I was trying to make the key points stand out.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Cool, Sorta

So far there are laws in some but not all US states about cyberstalking/cyberharassment and also cyberbullying (the "bullying" term as far as the laws go only refers to when the target of harassment is a minor). Anyways, I was actually reading the CA code about this last night, and from what I can tell, none of the behavior on either side (meaning GW and here) meets the legal definitions of cyberstalking.

Indirectly making fun of someone online is not cyberstalking (although for cyberbullying some laws are a little bit stricter). So, for example, making fun of certain GW mods on this site is not cyberstalking, since the targets of the mockery are free to ignore this forum (in contrast, sending repeated direct email messages to said mods would be starting to shift into the stalking arena, but still other conditions in the messages would need to be met, I'll get into that more below). Also, trying to get someone banned by association is not stalking, either.

Cyberstalking requires the plaintiff to prove that someone not only engaged in a pattern of behavior with the intent to follow, harass, or alarm the plaintiff, but also that as a result of said conduct the plaintiff "reasonably feared" for his or her safety and the defendant also had to make a credible threat with the intent to place the plaintiff in reasonable fear for his or her safety and then the plaintiff had to ignore a direct request by the plaintiff to stop their behavior.

So, there are a lot of factors that need to be met there. Based on those requirements, no one is cyberstalking anyone (at least not on the forums, I have no knowledge of PMs and emails). But that doesn't mean there isn't some crazy ridiculous conduct from the GW mods! The misconduct is infuriating, but it is nothing anyone could successfully sue over, unfortunately...

Of course I'll put my usual disclaimer that I'm not a lawyer and am just basing this stuff off of reading the laws online :) Also sorry if I went overboard with the formatting I was trying to make the key points stand out.

Thanks for that SexyDexy. Being in a different country (that wants to blanket ban the net for "safety reasons" (ie, anything that could be considered 18+) ), I just wasn't sure on the law. As to the "sue aspect", hell, I wasn't even thinking that far into it.

SexyDexy

GateFans Noob
Thanks for that SexyDexy. Being in a different country (that wants to blanket ban the net for "safety reasons" (ie, anything that could be considered 18+) ), I just wasn't sure on the law. As to the "sue aspect", hell, I wasn't even thinking that far into it.

Hehe...yeah, it wouldn't be worth any of our time or money - we have better things to do! :sgusucks:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Hehe...yeah, it wouldn't be worth any of our time or money - we have better things to do! :sgusucks:
yeah like laugh at all the bullshit that goes down there! ;)

JohnSN7

GateFans Noob
Why is she over there in the first place?

SO LEAVE MY DAUGHTER ALONE! CAPICE????

Feeling_Grizzly1600x1200.jpg

Does your daughter post on this site? If not, she should. We don't censor like GW. And we're much more open to polite discussion here. It would be a better environment for her. Oh, and cool bear pic. :)

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Does your daughter post on this site? If not, she should. We don't censor like GW. And we're much more open to polite discussion here. It would be a better environment for her. Oh, and cool bear pic. :)

She and I joined GW back in 2007---she really doesn't post there much anymore(she prefers other fansites....) but when I got banned skydiver sent her a threatening message that snookie opened and so I had to get out my inner mama grizzley! as snookie says when she brings guys home.."my dad's a pushover...it's mom you have to be wary of!" ;)

Aragon101

Illusive Deity of Fanfic
She and I joined GW back in 2007---she really doesn't post there much anymore(she prefers other fansites....) but when I got banned skydiver sent her a threatening message that snookie opened and so I had to get out my inner mama grizzley! as snookie says when she brings guys home.."my dad's a pushover...it's mom you have to be wary of!" ;)
*Takes notes*

Hmm... Good thing i'm friendly with the mama ;)

Aaain, my personal experience with Sky hasn't been bad at all. I see all this and wonder where teh Sky i know has gone...

Mallozzi can lick his pug's asses for all i care though :)

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
*Takes notes*

Hmm... Good thing i'm friendly with the mama ;)

Aaain, my personal experience with Sky hasn't been bad at all. I see all this and wonder where teh Sky i know has gone...

Mallozzi can lick his pug's asses for all i care though :)

I am still thinking menopause mysel! of course that is what I blame everything from RCC leaving sgpoo to global warming on! :P:P

Mama could still bite you! :P it's quite funny though-- i am all of 5'3(if my hair is fluffy that day) and hubby is 6 foot yet somehow I am the more intimidating one! :P Hubby insists it's because you KNOW i will kill you and smile while doing it! :P he's just a fluffy teddybear! :P snookie actually like "teddybears" herself. when I used to take her and her high school friends guy watching down "fraternity row" (come on every university has one ;) ) she always liked the guys with well built shoulders and arms (think Dwayne Johnson...aka The rock)....I am an ass and leg gal myself (trace adkins....love them long tall cowboys!)! ;)