This explains it!

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Just looked Loretta up on IMBD and realized the first producing he ever did was two teen sitcoms. (He wrote for cartoons before that) So now we understand why sgpoo is only deep to 14 year old Emos!!! that is what his specialty is!
screenshot125.jpg

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
BINGO!

Just looked Loretta up on IMBD and realized the first producing he ever did was two teen sitcoms. (He wrote for cartoons before that) So now we understand why sgpoo is only deep to 14 year old Emos!!! that is what his specialty is!
screenshot125.jpg

Ah HAHAHAHA! So Loretta (Joseph Mallozzi) is just writing what he knows! I think he should look into producing a "foodie" show (I know you hate that word). He could show how to prepare octopus tentacles and the best way to fry goat testicles. :icon_lol:

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
Happy 2011

Didn't catch that did ya?

Attachments

• RAC2011.png
    RAC2011.png
    38.3 KB · Views: 216

Tropicana

Council Member
Ah HAHAHAHA! So Loretta (Joseph Mallozzi) is just writing what he knows! I think he should look into producing a "foodie" show (I know you hate that word). He could show how to prepare octopus tentacles and the best way to fry goat testicles. :icon_lol:
No way! Don't let him anywhere near the Food Network channel, you hear me!?!

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball

Aragon101

Illusive Deity of Fanfic
Anime. Anyone who's watched enough Anime will be able to attest that SGU feels like a bad one at times. Especially the whole lesbian in charge who may just end up loving hte cock (even if its not her in there)

Hell, even Futurama did a body swap episode that came out better than SGU. At least there the sex was treated with the respect it deserved (namely none, since it was disgusting enough to cure Amy of her gluttony.. forever.)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
He would like this dish

icon_rotflmao.gif
I've thought of that myself. He puts out pages and pages of food related content. Perhaps he should write a show about eccentric food. Heck if you look at his blog it is nearly a "foodie" show in itself. Might as well do what you love. If he wrote Stargate with the same enthusiasm as he does about food it would be a much more awesome show.

Mallozzi's Kitchen, where we can learn to prepare such delicious entries like this:

342651644_131823b56c_b.jpg

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Yum Yum!

I didn't say I would eat it! Eh my roomie tells me there is already a foodie show where a guy goes out and eats stuff like monkey brains and fried caterpillar eggs. He missed his calling.

The ACTUAL foods he shows seem just as disgusting to me. :facepalm:

fumblesmcstupid

GateFans Noob
One of the many things that bugged me about the writers was the lack of IMAGINATION when it came to naming episodes

Intruder
Home
Runner
Infection
Air
Water

What ever happened to amazing titles like this from Star Trek:

"For the World is Hollow and I have Touched the Sky:

This from CBS's Beauty and the Beast (Perlman/Hamilton)

"Down to a Sunless Sea, When the Blue Bird Sings, Song of Orpheaus.

Psych:

He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not, He Loves Me, Oops He's Dead

The titles by the Stargate writers were always just eh.

Aragon101

Illusive Deity of Fanfic
in some ways i liked the simple titles, but in others yes, they could have gone with something a little more metaphorical so to speak :P

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
in some ways i liked the simple titles, but in others yes, they could have gone with something a little more metaphorical so to speak :P

Yes, well, you need episodes of actual substance and depth to warrent a metaphorical/metaphysical title, not episodes with all the insight and understanding of a goldfish.

S

Stonelesscutter

I think they kept the titles short because otherwise the 'new fans' wouldn't be able to comprehend.
Multiple words is difficult for them.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
It should probably be noted that a writer for a show is no longer referred to as a "writer". They are now "producers". "Producer" used in this context really isn't as impressive as it might sound.

So a "co-producer" would have written an episode with at least one other producer (writer). The "supervising producer" is essentially the head writer (but not the showrunner).

Once they hit Executive Producer (which J. Loretta Mallozzi did), they're a bit more than a writer and possibly a showrunner. Being an Executive Producer does not necessarily make you the showrunner.

That said, the showrunner STILL isn't the "boss" as regards whether the series comes back or not. The showrunner is only an employee.

So, when you look at the stats on the original post, rethink those "Producer" credits as "writer".

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Um....

Man I hate sea food. I hate raw meat too. Can't eat that shit.

Um...those arent baby lobsters. :) They are SCORPIONS! (roasted of course) Yumm yum! :puke:

Aragon101

Illusive Deity of Fanfic
Um...those arent baby lobsters. :) They are SCORPIONS! (roasted of course) Yumm yum! :puke:
Is it weird that i WOULD eat scorpions? It's not like i'd specifically go out and go "YES! I"LL EAT A SCORPION TODAY AND TAKE PICTURES OF IT TO POST ON MY BLOG!" more along the lines of "Uhh sure. Might as well try it once."

Tropicana

Council Member
During my travels in China years ago, I was once offered dog meat, I couldn't eat it though. It smelled like beef and it was stewed in this rich gravy-like sauce. She presented it in a nice enough bowl but when I asked her what it was. She pointed at one of those yapping dogs on the ground.

I told the waitress, "I'll pass thank you".