This Band Sucks & Apple

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Yes but what happened was that let's say one member in your family likes that band and your all on the same cloud account and they downloaded it , such as I am with my family . Then everyone now had them on there devices and could not delete it until the app was designed to remove it .
My entire family has disabled our cloud now on our devices and now only turn it back on if we see something of interest that we would like to have on our device . My iPhone was filling up with the soundtrack from Skylanders which my son was grabbing from itunes. I've been able to delete that soundtrack quite easily .
Gives you back just a smidgen of control again by just turning off your cloud .

:) :) :)

That sounds a bit weird. I am assuming you're all on an iTunes Cloud Family Sharing account? In that case, I am pretty sure you can just turn off Automatic Downloading and then everything the family buys stays where it is and those whom it is shared with can download on their own initiative.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Actually Bluce since I have calmed down just a little from my rant I would agree with you but U2 had to also give permission to Apple to do what they did so it is just not an Apple operation .

If someone comes to you and offers you money to give something you own to their subscribers for free, how is that your fault? Did you impose it on them? Of course not. You have no control over how they distribute it to their subscribers once you give them the right to do so.

U2 have the rights to there music and they allowed Apple to up load there music to iTunes . Having it setup as so the user could not delete it is very unreasonable . I have gotten plenty of free stuff before with iTunes and was always able to delete a product through iTunes . Users could not remove the U2 upload to iTunes until an app was designed to remove it . That was what got me mad . Why was it imbedded into our devices ? Is this going to be the standard practice now ?. It just spells Orwelliness to me . Listen to this . Read this . Do this . Apple are certainly the main culprits here but U2 had to give the go ahead . I'm happy now that an app has been designed to remove it . Maybe apple learned something here and so did U2 and other groups as well for future freebies forced apon you that you have no interest in .

Again, all of which was under Apple's control and based on Apple's decisions. I don't see U2 sitting at that meeting saying, "Blimey! And make sure those damned blokes can't erase our shite!".

For the record, Apple learned NOTHING. What they do know is that they sell millions of iPhones regardless. They can pack a gram of dog shit into every casing and iPhones will still fly off the shelves. iFools will bitch but still come to the trough in droves when the iSlop is served.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
That sounds a bit weird. I am assuming you're all on an iTunes Cloud Family Sharing account? In that case, I am pretty sure you can just turn off Automatic Downloading and then everything the family buys stays where it is and those whom it is shared with can download on their own initiative.

Yes . We were all on the same account and all our devices automatically connected . I was getting everything my wife was downloading such as Dalton Abbey and I was getting everything my son and daughter were buying off itunes . We have all turned off our sharing now . I'm a newb when it comes to iphones still and am still learning but my next phone will most deffinatley not be an iphone .

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Actually it's just an iTunes setting you can click off. Then each family user can choose what to download.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Yes . We were all on the same account and all our devices automatically connected . I was getting everything my wife was downloading such as Dalton Abbey and I was getting everything my son and daughter were buying off itunes . We have all turned off our sharing now . I'm a newb when it comes to iphones still and am still learning but my next phone will most deffinatley not be an iphone .

What I wanna know is who is wearing the britches around there? :P