Thing about time travel franchises is, they can go on forever; T6

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
jeez...we already have two threads for this! a definite sign it will suck... :)

heisenberg

Earl Grey
I smell some SJW in there...all female leads in this too? And in the center, that is a female (in case anyone was unsure).
I liked it when art wasn't demonized or weaponized or politicized. People when they made a movie or a tv show or made music, they did it because it was fun not because it was chasing dollar signs or sending out a political statement. I get the feeling that these people are just making these movies because they want to send out a political message. You know me lol. I don't take sides when it comes to politics. To me politics is like religion.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
jeez...we already have two threads for this! a definite sign it will suck... :)

Where is the other thread? I would like to merge them.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I liked it when art wasn't demonized or weaponized or politicized. People when they made a movie or a tv show or made music, they did it because it was fun not because it was chasing dollar signs or sending out a political statement. I get the feeling that these people are just making these movies because they want to send out a political message. You know me lol. I don't take sides when it comes to politics. To me politics is like religion.

You are exactly right about that. This is what happens when you get corporations running things by committee and accounting goals. That is why so many reboots. They are banking on an established product and trying to diversify it. Did you know there are now more than 20 kinds of Doritos?

https://www.listchallenges.com/the-many-flavors-and-types-of-doritos

They take the metrics from the most popular things, and then assume they can start there and make money on a similar (or reimagined) product. The result is that the creativity is taken out and you get packaged crap. The entire music industry runs like this now.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
You are exactly right about that. This is what happens when you get corporations running things by committee and accounting goals. That is why so many reboots. They are banking on an established product and trying to diversify it. Did you know there are now more than 20 kinds of Doritos?

https://www.listchallenges.com/the-many-flavors-and-types-of-doritos

They take the metrics from the most popular things, and then assume they can start there and make money on a similar (or reimagined) product. The result is that the creativity is taken out and you get packaged crap. The entire music industry runs like this now.
Most companies believe that having more flavour will deter competition but I see having more variety adding more chaos to an already chaotic system we are which means that we are spoiled for choice. it also devalues your brand/company. Infact, having too much deters people from having it in the first place because it's too much for our brain to process.Then when there is not enough space, the whole system implodes or collapses on its own. I see it with companies and I see it with ecosystems. It's the same with this.

Wait, THIS one will probably be pretty good! Both Linda Hamilton and also Arnie are coming back? That alone makes it better than Terminator 4. And I know I am in the minority, but I actually loved Terminator III with the female terminator. I hated Terminator 4. I liked the last one Terminator Genesis too. :)

I agree, Terminator Salvation was terrible. Up until then I thought Christian Bale was a good actor but after seeing that piece of garbage film I can't stand the guy now.

Unlike you I didn't care for T3 mostly because the ending negated the first two movies. If you think about it what was the point of those movies if nothing they did in them mattered in the long run? (Sort of like how Alien 3 negated the first two Alien movies.) I didn't care for the cynical, determinist "can't change fate" philosophy behind T3. It made me feel that watching the first two movies and caring about the characters was nothing but a waste of time on my part.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't hate T3, but I didn't love it. And Genisys was just meh. It was fun to watch as an action flick but it's not compelling enough to get me to rewatch it.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I agree, Terminator Salvation was terrible. Up until then I thought Christian Bale was a good actor but after seeing that piece of garbage film I can't stand the guy now.

Unlike you I didn't care for T3 mostly because the ending negated the first two movies. If you think about it what was the point of those movies if nothing they did in them mattered in the long run? (Sort of like how Alien 3 negated the first two Alien movies.) I didn't care for the cynical, determinist "can't change fate" philosophy behind T3. It made me feel that watching the first two movies and caring about the characters was nothing but a waste of time on my part.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't hate T3, but I didn't love it. And Genisys was just meh. It was fun to watch as an action flick but it's not compelling enough to get me to rewatch it.

the way time travel shows/movies are written, many seem to negate events in previous eps/movies

------------------
as fort his, how can A.S. be playing the terminator when they do not age?

ok, yeah, he keeps himself looking good, but his 2018 self is very distinguishable from his 1980's self

unless, that is, he will only be playing the human that was used as the model for the Terminator.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I agree, Terminator Salvation was terrible

the one thing i liked about TERM SALV is that for once, a post apocalyptic movie shows ppl actually using all that military hardware you know would just be laying around

and the selection of the A10 was great.. it is a plane that is relatively easy to fly in comparison to the others in the US arsenal. a lot of analog in it that would survive a nuclear war /radiation