Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Just finished watching The Umbrella Academy. Thought it was a good watch. Only 10 episodes. Would like to see more.

The premise is that on a certain day there were a number of babies born without their mothers having been pregnant up until that day. So mystery babies. An eccentric billionaire managed to adopt seven of these babies. As they grew up, they turned out to have special abilities, each their own. He made them train and they formed a group of do-gooders. But over the years some shit hit the fan. There's a time travel plot running through it. I won't say more than this.

I found a part of it rather predictable, but perhaps this was only predictable to me. In any case, it didn't make it any less fun to watch.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Just finished watching The Umbrella Academy. Thought it was a good watch. Only 10 episodes. Would like to see more.

The premise is that on a certain day there were a number of babies born without their mothers having been pregnant up until that day. So mystery babies. An eccentric billionaire managed to adopt seven of these babies. As they grew up, they turned out to have special abilities, each their own. He made them train and they formed a group of do-gooders. But over the years some shit hit the fan. There's a time travel plot running through it. I won't say more than this.

I found a part of it rather predictable, but perhaps this was only predictable to me. In any case, it didn't make it any less fun to watch.

Who are the writers/producers?

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Season two of the Umbrella Academy is out and I've finished watching it. A few days before it was released there were already reports by critics. I read a few lines of one and stopped reading because I couldn't believe a word of it. Now that I've watched it for myself, I know that the critics (as usual) are full of shit. They're probably too small-minded to be able to follow a show such as this. They need a show to be boring in order to be able to comprehend it. This show is nothing of that sort. Thoroughly enjoyable. A lot less predictable than season one too, by the way.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Suddenly there was a third season of this show on Netflix. I had lost track to be honest. Just finished watching it. It was still interesting to watch. The ending was kinda weird and sudden though. Not sure if there will be a fourth season. Guess I'll go on and forget about it again and maybe in the future I'll be surprised, or maybe not.