the true story of the rebranding of SyFy
laughcrying.gif

Deity59

GateFans Noob
"out of ideas/possible just fucking with you"

:laughing:

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

Those crappy B-movies look bloody awful, are any of them made by the Asylum by any chance?

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

It just occured to me on closer inspection that the dick who wrote that article appears to be slating the Stargate franchise as a whole as doesn't actually specify any particular show.

Spacejunkminer

GateFans Noob
I don't care if the writer doesn't like stargate...

we all know that Stargate was an excellent show as was its sequel series Atlantis. But we are pissed at the franchise right now over its new direction. With the exception of the new riverworld movie and the legend of Earthsea movie I can't think of a single syfy movie that I would want to watch. They are in desperate need of writers for their movies.
Right now there is a lot of advertising for Haven and Wharehouse thirteen. I don't see a whole lot of advertising for Eureka these days because it has developed a following. Eureka has been moved to friday and will probably get the axe once it nears syndication.
Sorry I got off topic. Basically I don't care what syfy does because they are hellbent on self destruction and only want one or two flagship shows that they produce. Its not like the good ole days when we had SG-1, BSG and Atlantis all in one night.
Basically this writer has 95% of the SyFy channel pegged. If he doesn't like stargate that is his problem.

Watching that retro video is really depressing! I would kill for a SCIFI channel right now that aired those shows! SGU and the psychic mom show killed this channel for me. I only turn it on now for Eureka, Sanctuary and the annual Twilight Zone Marathon. I agree with the writer; Syfy will become another MTV in a few years.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Watching that retro video is really depressing! I would kill for a SCIFI channel right now that aired those shows! SGU and the psychic mom show killed this channel for me. I only turn it on now for Eureka, Sanctuary and the annual Twilight Zone Marathon. I agree with the writer; Syfy will become another MTV in a few years.
I miss the days when the old scifi channel would show the old old scifi tv shows... Invaders, Time Tunnel, The planet of the apes, Sliders, Space:1999, and Project Blue Book to name a few...siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh those were the good old days!

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
WOW, that takes mew back a few years. I used to love Time Tunnel and Project Blue Book when I was a nipper and Space 1999 when I was a bit older. I still have a Space 1999 album on the shelf.
Do you mean Planet of the Apes the series or the movies? Might be worth starting a new thread for that one.

the half-season tv series. I loooved that show was I was 13 or so. sciffy ran it when the remake of the movie was done a few years ago....it was hilariously bad and funny! ;)

Deity59

GateFans Noob
I miss the days when the old scifi channel would show the old old scifi tv shows... Invaders, Time Tunnel, The planet of the apes, Sliders, Space:1999, and Project Blue Book to name a few...siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh those were the good old days!

Space 1999 makes me sad. That was 11 years ago. Where is my moon base? Where is my orbital base? Where is my mission to Mars and beyond? WHERE IS MY FUCKING FLYING CAR? We never get any of the good stuff! I am going to go sulk now. :vala-newanime020:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Rac's Rant

Space 1999 makes me sad. That was 11 years ago. Where is my moon base? Where is my orbital base? Where is my mission to Mars and beyond? WHERE IS MY FUCKING FLYING CAR? We never get any of the good stuff! I am going to go sulk now. :vala-newanime020:

I know EXACTLY what you mean!!! I watched the moon landing in 69... at 7 years old I was space-happy! then we got jimmy carter as pres and NASA fell apart! :P goddamn politicians screwing up NASA! What amazes me is that the average age of the NASA engineers was 27 in 1969!!! young and innovative! why are we nowhere today...the average age of the NASA engineers is 52!!! old farts with their best years behind them! :P *walks off bitching about polticians being short sighted.....*
soapbox.gif