The Pow! Bang! Bam! Plan to Save Marvel

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
Cannonball's powers are mutant powers, so Fox has his rights. Fox has X-Men and the Fantastic 4. Sony has Spider-Man. Disney has the rest of Marvel's stuff.

I like Cap and Superman. They have old fashioned and old school values which I think this world could use a lot more of these days. Just care about their fellow man/woman, no subterfuge, no conceited motive, they just care.

Cap is part of the Avengers like Batman is part of Justice League. They both sort of play the tactician of the group and just are core members. I think you would like the new movie. It's very action-y and kind of shows Cap's values and ideals come head to head with today's contemporary values and ethics, or rather lack thereof. But the movie kind of deviates away from that after one of the big reveals is shown. Won't say what, cause I'd be spoiling things. Don't look it, don't spoil it for yourself.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Cannonball's powers are mutant powers, so Fox has his rights. Fox has X-Men and the Fantastic 4. Sony has Spider-Man. Disney has the rest of Marvel's stuff.

I like Cap and Superman. They have old fashioned and old school values which I think this world could use a lot more of these days. Just care about their fellow man/woman, no subterfuge, no conceited motive, they just care.

Cap is part of the Avengers like Batman is part of Justice League. They both sort of play the tactician of the group and just are core members. I think you would like the new movie. It's very action-y and kind of shows Cap's values and ideals come head to head with today's contemporary values and ethics, or rather lack thereof. But the movie kind of deviates away from that after one of the big reveals is shown. Won't say what, cause I'd be spoiling things. Don't look it, don't spoil it for yourself.

I like these movies, and in reality they could put any of the heroes in them and I will watch them. But obviously I have issues with some of them. :) So, Fox has all the Marvel superheroes with mutant powers? What about all of the characters in the Thor universe (Guardians of the Galaxy)? We have tons of them to use.

Last edited:

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
I like these movies, and in reality they could put any of the heroes in them and i will watch them. But obviously I have issues with some of them. :) So, Fox has all the Marvel superheroes with mutant powers? What about all of the characters in the Thor universe (Guardians of the Galaxy)? We have tons of them to use.
I don't think Thor universe characters really mesh with Guardians of the Galaxy characters unless in big events or maybe really down the line secondary characters. Thor was in Avengers so he's part of the Disney Marvel portion, with Iron Man, Cap, etc.

If you really want Cap gone, I think the guy playing him only has 3 more movies left with Marvel, obviously two of them will be Avengers 2 and 3, and the last will be Captain America 3 which they recently announced. Think RDJ is also leaving after he does two more Avengers. Don't know about the rest. Yep, Fox has all the mutant stuff. Other two movie companies can't even mention mutants I think.

I prefer it that way. X-Men stuff really did not mesh with the rest of the Marvel universe. X-Men themes are really outdated, even more so than Cap. X-Men themes all basically revolve around the whole civil rights movement that was happening when X-Men came to be. I'm also a bit glad that Disney Marvel doesn't have X-Men because Fox isn't afraid to go PG13 with their films. Disney Marvel caters to kids too glaringly and annoyingly sometimes.

Also, I recently watched Snowpiercer (with Cap guy). What a crappy crappy movie. They had this really dumb premise but they moved beyond it, and the movie was not an exploration of that premise so I could roll with it. But then, the rest of it was just so spectacularly dumb and moronic. It made me angry to watch. Eh. The setting was a train that runs on a perpetual motion engine or something. They've been going around the world in that train for I think 10+ yrs. And they have never left the train. The train tracks apparently never degraded or underwent damage from the cold winter going on outside. Pretty ridiculous.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
It’s been four years since Disney purchased Marvel Entertainment for $4 billion.

Yes, I digress but this just reminded me of something that pissed me off royally. Look at what marvel is, its intellectual properties and its ongoing movie potential. How the F**K did Fistbook come to the conclusion that Whatsapp was worth $19B ?!?

I now return you to your conversation.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Yes, I digress but this just reminded me of something that pissed me off royally. Look at what marvel is, its intellectual properties and its ongoing movie potential. How the F**K did Fistbook come to the conclusion that Whatsapp was worth $19B ?!?

I now return you to your conversation.

Do I detect IPO envy from someone who didn't get in on the ground floor? :daniel_new004: :icon_lol:

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Do I detect IPO envy from someone who didn't get in on the ground floor? :daniel_new004: :icon_lol:

Pffff! What IPO? Whatsapp acquired Viber and its ~325 million users for $900m, boosting their user base from ~125m to ~450m or so. Somehow, Suckerberg decided it was worth more than 50 top cap NASDAQ listed companies with real assets. What I regret is not being part of that fake transaction designed to move money out of a public company in plain sight. Three cheers for creative white collar theft. :icon_lol:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Pffff! What IPO? Whatsapp acquired Viber and its ~325 million users for $900m, boosting their user base from ~125m to ~450m or so. Somehow, Suckerberg decided it was worth more than 50 top cap NASDAQ listed companies with real assets. What I regret is not being part of that fake transaction designed to move money out of a public company in plain sight. Three cheers for creative white collar theft. :icon_lol:

I hear what you're saying. I see value in intellectual property like the Marvel offerings compared to this other nonsensical stuff. Just last week I saw a business show where they were claiming that game apps for your phone were as valuable as the IPO for Alibaba. Now I'm no expert but Alibaba is a HUGE conduit for hard goods coming out of China. It's the portal you use if you are looking to buy Chinese manufactured goods. You can use it to buy existing merchandise or you can use it to find factories to manufacture the exact item you want. The idiots on FOX Business refer to Alibaba as an Amazon-like website, which is perhaps the stupidest thing I've ever heard uttered on television. It's wayyyyyyyy bigger and more important than that. It's anything but a simple website.

At any rate, Alibaba is going to offer an IPO soon. These business "gurus" were lumping it in with stupid phone game apps and trying to claim that the phone apps were just as valuable in terms of IPO's. That just blew my mind.