The mess and conflict in the Unreal "canon"

Leo(T.C.K.)

GateFans Noob
http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=194200&page=2

I posted the original UT storyline, full one, released around time UT demo was released. And pointed out few of the UT2004 holes, but greatemerald wants to mask it around and explain it. For anyone who knows those games, it must be striking to you. Also many players actually thought that in Unreal humans first meet skaarj, even greatemerald claimed so years ago, I mean I kind of understand it since he satrted off UT2004 and became huge UT2004 fan, but c'mon, hell there are obvious holes in the Stargate canon as well and even though I am stargate fan(not SGU) I accept that there are holes.

Also note the similarances to Stargate Atlantis in this whole queen ship/hive ship stuff about Skaarj, although inspiration for skaarj were aliens and predators.

Are there any similar games with canon conflicts like that by the way? Name some if you know.

Insomnium

GateFans Cadet
Continuity blunders, huh?

Well before anyone else points it out, how about the Fallout series?

Give yourself a headache here.

Leo(T.C.K.)

GateFans Noob
Yeah I have read that, something like that also happened to the Skaarj in Unreal, only the continuity errors are never really mentioned that much. In later games they are shown to appear different and it was explained that they are clan like and the appearances vary based on the clan and some clans could be hostile against each other. While that revelation in Unreal 2 cleared some confusion it still doesn't make that much sense.
Also there is a survivor of ISV Kran in UT, but how could she still be alive if it takes place 100 years after events of original Unreal? Or did they put her in cryostasis? :confused:

Or the fans decided that the skaarj blades whould be called Razik, that was mentioned only at Unreal Championship 2 (which has semi parody tone to it also, after all they even have Raiden there as bonus character from MK universe) and it was a special variant of such blades and I don't think the name applied to all the blades, but they started calling it razik even in the older titles. :facepalm: