THE MATRIX is going to have a 4th movie

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
No idea. Granted I did not like the original trilogy (loved the first film but the other two were crap to me) but there was no place left to go from their ending.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
No idea. Granted I did not like the original trilogy (loved the first film but the other two were crap to me) but there was no place left to go from their ending.

thats what i thought

and, the wachowskis have been making either crap or just plain old shakey quality stuff since they have gone through their 'personal' issues --- CLOUD ATLAS- reasonably good. JUPITER ASCENDING- a visually stunning piece of garbage. SENSE8- No consistency and follow through

who knows what they will do to this

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I just heard this on the radio. Will be interesting to see where they go.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Take the red pill Neo.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Dumb movie idea. There really was nowhere to take the story and now it sounds like it is going needlessly dark.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
they want to have Keanu use those crazy John Wick fighting skills he learned from the SEALS

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
This was ended conclusively, so trying to start it back up is going to hit major plot problems.

Shadow Mann

Staff member
This was ended conclusively, so trying to start it back up is going to hit major plot problems.
Well, not really ended. Neo has crossed over into the Machine World as has Trinity. Technically, they cannot die as programs unless they are deleted by the Source. In Neo's case, the Source is what put him into the machine world to defeat Smith. Only his body is dead. Matrix 4 has already shot some footage, and both Trinity and Neo are in the footage. The movie was in production when the lockdowns hit.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T17cs_tzykc

Shadow Mann

Staff member
I am going to speculate that as compensation for saving the machine world from destruction, the Source may have granted a request from Neo to recreate/revive Trinity as a program within the Matrix just as he has become. We have seen that programs in the Matrix are individual entities not constantly monitored by the Source. Like the Oracle, the Keymaker, etc. We also saw Smith cross over from the machine world into the real world through possessing a human body. In the machine world, bodies are all digital so Neo and Trinity would not need to inhabit any other program.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
The point is both of them are dead. Trinity was literally killed and while Neo's program (the idea he is a program is a plot hole in and of itself) may be around his body as you said is gone. Plus the war is over. They needed to just leave it be.

Shadow Mann

Staff member
The point is both of them are dead. Trinity was literally killed and while Neo's program (the idea he is a program is a plot hole in and of itself) may be around his body as you said is gone. Plus the war is over. They needed to just leave it be.
If the existing "canon" of the first 3 movies is maintained, then the next movie should resolve the issue of reconstruction of Zion, and perhaps resolving the atmospheric issue caused by the humans when trying to cut off the solar power source for the machines. At the end of the last movie, the majority of all Humanity is still contained in pods powering the entire machine world. The war is over but the main problems are not. The machines withdrew, they were not defeated. Zion was mostly destroyed. There is lots of room for a story.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I think I would still prefer something more original than another "dig up the past" sequel.

One of the reasons I actually liked The Suicide Squad was it felt fresh. The premise wasn't but the telling was.

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
Terminator, Robocop, Rambo, and Rocky had many sequels. It's been 20 years so no wonder that they are putting a new Matrix out. When will we get a new Stargate movie? :cool:

Shadow Mann

Staff member
Terminator, Robocop, Rambo, and Rocky had many sequels. It's been 20 years so no wonder that they are putting a new Matrix out. When will we get a new Stargate movie? :cool:
Good question! I hear that the first new Stargate will be a movie. Not for theaters, but for streaming. Then, a series. I understand that they want to retcon the origin story. Not sure about this, but it's what I have heard from certain people.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I would rather see some original stuff. Try adapting some of the many superb books out there - and pick ones no one has tried to do before.