The Martian Chronicles Miniseries from 1980

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Found this gem on COMET. I remember the mini series but at the time it was showing I was a college freshman who had no time for TV! (but plenty for the future Mr. Rac! :cool: )

So when I saw this was playing on COMET had to DVR it. We are still finishing up The Fantastic Journey so haven't got to this one yet. Anyone remember it? Did you like it?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Found this gem on COMET. I remember the mini series but at the time it was showing I was a college freshman who had no time for TV! (but plenty for the future Mr. Rac! :cool: )

So when I saw this was playing on COMET had to DVR it. We are still finishing up The Fantastic Journey so haven't got to this one yet. Anyone remember it? Did you like it?

Yes, I remember it well. :) That type of anthology storytelling with short stories is my favorite format. I prefer buying anthologies of science fiction as opposed to stand alone novels. For me, the Martian Chronicles was a visual representation of that. Do they have all the episodes on there?

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
It was a Rock Hudson vehicle so it could be slightly dated. The writers were half decent. My faourite Matheson is included in this one.

I can barely remember the set-up; earth killing off everyone as usual.

They spent the mini-season trying to find the Martians. At the end of the show Hudson points out to everyone that the Martians have been all around them all along.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I saw it years ago but don't remember much other than the ending somewhat. I didn't know it was on COMET but I'll try to catch it when they run it again.
It's in three parts.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
It was okay. Basically the Earth survivors become the new Martians.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Spoilers Joelist! LOL has anyone NOT read the Martian Chronicles?

All three parts (2 hrs each ok 1 1/2 hrs w/o commercials) were shown on Comet one right after another!