The Fanwanking Dead - Season 7

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Considering it is barely over 10 million right now and at the end of season 5 it was a bit over 15 million, in the past season and a half roughly a third of the audience has dropped off. It's still a big hit but has slid badly. I think if it heads under 10 consistently AMC will start thinking about wrapping it up.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
It's still that high? How is that? :(

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
As of last week the show has lost nearly 50% off both its demo and total ratings from the season premiere. It stayed over 10 million but barely. Meanwhile the circulation on the comic is also dropping - a sure sign that Kirkman needs to wrap it all up.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
As of last week the show has lost nearly 50% off both its demo and total ratings from the season premiere. It stayed over 10 million but barely. Meanwhile the circulation on the comic is also dropping - a sure sign that Kirkman needs to wrap it all up.

good thing you are going on your sea cruise during their mid season break!!!!

got lucky there--you won't miss anything

(kidding of course :) )

---------------------

i saw this online where everything to do with TWD is tanking--not just the show and comics but associated merchandise as well-just on time for christmas :)

like it or not-besides the drawn out unbelievability that 'walking dead' creatures could still have mobility, the issue with rick being out of 'command' and no longer in charge of his group's destiny, imo, is a buzz-kill for the die hard fans

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
I will freely admit that this scene from "Love Actually" really killed off my incentive to watch further series of 'Th Walking Dead'.

Rick, thinking Kiera Knightly as a shriveled up old Zombie. Yuck!

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
what? already (in October this yr) renewed for a season 8!!!!!!

and buzz on the net says that everyone (tptb's, amc,etc ) involved is soft committed for at least two seasons after that!!!

wtf?!?!?

---you know, shows like LONGMIRE and THE KILLING may not have been as fast paced (wait they were faster then TWD actually) but at least they were well made and had logical story lines (LONGMIRE has one more season coming out on NETFLIX next yr)

but yet, AMC dumped them and sold them off to NETFLIX to make more space for stupidity like TWD, TALKING DEAD, and FTWD.

:vala-newanime016: :psychosga:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
And...it's back complete with a new motto "Rise Up!", and a theme of Rick and the goofy glue gang gathering people to rise up and fight Negan. The basic consensus is the premiere was about as exciting as eating warm tofu whilst watching paint dry...

In other words, the pacing is WAY too slow. Then there is the issue of getting anyone to actually want to follow Rick, who is psychologically unstable and continually makes stupid decisions. It would be like receiving a call to arms from Paul Blart Mall Cop.

Ratings wise it stayed stable in total audience but lost 16% from its demo rating from where it left off last.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
It's still that high? How is that? :(

I've figured it out

the SJW's in the viewing audience--probably a large portion of that 10m--identify Rick's group as the post apocalyptic ideal of SJW's in that scenario!

It all makes sense now; they killed off all of those characters that would make SJW's feel unsafe, and have left the leadership of the group to one man, confused in thought and action and seemingly always pronouncing babble

:)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I've figured it out

the SJW's in the viewing audience--probably a large portion of that 10m--identify Rick's group as the post apocalyptic ideal of SJW's in that scenario!

It all makes sense now; they killed off all of those characters that would make SJW's feel unsafe, and have left the leadership of the group to one man, confused in thought and action and seemingly always pronouncing babble

:)

What is SJW?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Social Justice Warriors.

This is probably pretty close to over that RSP edge we recently had problems with...

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I've tried to watch it but it is borderline unwatchable.

The Negan character is being overplayed and is just annoying, as is his recruiting EUGENE of all people. Then last week Rick is forced to have gladiatorial combat with an armored walker.....

Oi oi oi.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
And audience wise it is hanging just over 10 million with its demo falling to 4.9.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Audience hanging still just over 10 million, demo down to 4.6.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I would have commented on the episode, but there was nothing to speak of really. Just more TV Tofu...

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I should have added text - this Negan sitcom is better than the actual show.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
So what ever happened to the other walking dead show ? Can't remember the name lol ,,,I have not watched it or even heard boo about it lol ... Oh , don't fill me in or anything . Just wondering if it is still airing so I can have a good laugh at who the hell would watch that shit ...SGPoo fans perhaps me thinks prey-tell !!!

;) ;) ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
So what ever happened to the other walking dead show ? Can't remember the name lol ,,,I have not watched it or even heard boo about it lol ... Oh , don't fill me in or anything . Just wondering if it is still airing so I can have a good laugh at who the hell would watch that shit ...SGPoo fans perhaps me thinks prey-tell !!!

;) ;) ;)
Fear the Walking Dead.

I had my fill of it, and I could not be arsed to bother with it any more. Nick ruined it for me, and they used that dumb boat and have not been in any city anywhere for a while. It was a bait and switch show. I was expecting The Walking Dead in a city environment and what we got after only a few episodes was a dumb ensemble cast with dumb characters on a boat and in rural convents and isolated nowheres.

It's on Kodi, if you want to bother with it. :indecisiveness: :anim_59: