THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
My libertarian views of course have limits, and the ownership and worse, irresponsible care, of exotic animals by individuals is one of them

not saying they have to be in a zoo only, because they often do not care for animals properly either

but if you are going to have these animals, then at a minimum, the same requirements for keeping large domestic and farm animals should apply

a properly enclosed and very large free roaming area, shelter in the winter and the ability to provide adequate food and caloric intake are a must

the poisonous snakes and other exotics like the snakes that are now over whelming the everglades--there is no reason anyone should have them. In this film, we see that Puff Adders and other venomous serpents were once for sale at auction in Ohio--by the Amish!!! << Chronic exploiters and big time capitalists they are--don't let their innocent act fool you,ever! I see these guys around here they will use fav public opinion of them to the maximum extent possible.>>

i'd say that many of these ppl who buy these animals all have some kind of abnormal psychology in their lives- most likely anxiety or depression or both.

---note- as of 2011, unrestricted sales and ownership of exotics in Ohio was made illegal

http://theelephantinthelivingroom.com/#

Does this mean I have to get rid of my pet flying Liger?

FlyingLigerFrontYardMed.jpg

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Does this mean I have to get rid of my pet flying Liger?

FlyingLigerFrontYardMed.jpg

No. But you should get rid of that thing simply for the abomination that it is. I don't want to think about the events which could have led to the birth of this creature.

You are sick man. Sick!

No. But you should get rid of that thing simply for the abomination that it is. I don't want to think about the events which could have led to the birth of this creature.

You are sick man. Sick!

Oddly enough I bought him from a disgruntled Dutch zookeeper, go figure.

*P.S. I realize the term "disgruntled Dutch" is redundant. No need to point it out to me. ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Oddly enough I bought him from a disgruntled Dutch zookeeper, go figure.

*P.S. I realize the term "disgruntled Dutch" is redundant. No need to point it out to me. ;)

I'll give you 50 Quatloos for him!...

710x528_14379134_8365017_1486591598.jpg

I bet he is great at hunting birds.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Hey, I thought this thread was supposed to talk about elephants!

Gorillaphant.jpg