The best sci-fi/fantasy series pilot

Which of these series pilots did you like the most?

• Total voters

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
Regardless of whether the series delivered on the potential shown or even if you liked the series at all after the premiere, I'd like to know which of the listed pilots entertained and promised the most.
If there's another one in the sci-fi/fantasy realm please vote on it too :)

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
Is this a poll? It seems to be missing. :)

Nevermind - see it now.

Red Mage

Boney
You included most of the ones I was going to post before the poll was put up although I would have added Fringe's pilot episode to the list as well (which is why I voted other).

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
You included most of the ones I was going to post before the poll was put up although I would have added Fringe's pilot episode to the list as well (which is why I voted other).
Sorry, I had planned on it bt forgot to include in the list. Now it's there :)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Technical Poll fail

How come when I picked OTHER it listed me as "Fringe"???

I went back and made sure I clicked the right button and sure enough I did. No offense to "Fringe" fans but that was not my pick.

G

Graybrew1

Which one was that?

I btw love ST:DS9 and ST:TNG, but I thought the pilots sucked and didn't merit being included on the list. So it's not about the show...

I loved the Pilot too.
SG1 all the way.

Mr. A

Super Moderator +

I went back and made sure I clicked the right button and sure enough I did. No offense to "Fringe" fans but that was not my pick.
:lol:
You voted while I was changing the poll - I'll fix that, but it won't show your name... :(

Which other one DID you actually want to vote for?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
:lol:
You voted while I was changing the poll - I'll fix that, but it won't show your name... :(

I'm fine with being anonymous. Hell, I prefer it that way. Don't need people seeing what diabolical stuff I'm getting up to. I'd prefer they just blame Stonelesscutter for things that go wrong around here. ;) BUUUWWWAAAAHHHHAAAHHHHAAAA!

Red Mage

Boney

I think that the option that is now Fringe was Other but Mr. A renamed it and put up another option for Other. You probably voted as he was changing the option on the poll.

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
I'm fine with being anonymous. Hell, I prefer it that way. Don't need people seeing what diabolical stuff I'm getting up to. I'd prefer they just blame Stonelesscutter for things that go wrong around here. ;) BUUUWWWAAAAHHHHAAAHHHHAAAA!

I think that the option that is now Fringe was Other but Mr. A renamed it and put up another option for Other. You probably voted as he was changing the option on the poll.
Yeah, since Red Mage was the only one who had voted other at the time.
Tough luck, Shaved, now you're going to have to live with the Fringe "stigma" for the rest of your days on GF! 242453.gif

But hey, go back and rewatch the Fringe pilot - maybe it'll grow on you and you can own up to your vote :D

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
A certain show wins all of these polls hands down on other sites for both general public and critics, so I'm curious to see how it fares here with the Stargate/sci-fi crowd :)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
A certain show wins all of these polls hands down on other sites for both general public and critics, so I'm curious to see how it fares here with the Stargate/sci-fi crowd :)

If it is the show I am thinking of, I came close to voting for it myself but ultimately went for "Rising".

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
The question seems to imply that we should just pick one - but the poll is multi choice. I am :confused:.

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
I wanted to make it single vote and I find it great you only picked one, but then I realized that would have been a cruel choice for some people - like myself :D

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Rising FTW

If it is the show I am thinking of, I came close to voting for it myself but ultimately went for "Rising".

Yep...Rising was an amazing pilot! the discovery of the city, meeting the athosians, the WRAITH, the city rising..breathtaking- simply breathtaking!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Yep...Rising was an amazing pilot! the discovery of the city, meeting the athosians, the WRAITH, the city rising..breathtaking- simply breathtaking!

I voted for that too...it was AWESOME!