The Battlestar Galactica (2.0) Bash! thread

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
This poor guy tried to sit through Caprica.

images

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
The Skin jobs in the beginning of NuBSG were not even supposed to speak of these FF. Then later it just becomes about the tech, hence the yesterday's soup. Even if Daniel was first Hybrid, which is sick since this means his skinjob daughter turned him into one or Clarice or Lacey/Mother. Just feels icky to me. It was still just about tech. For Capricans tech is old news. They have a piece of paper that acts like a laptop, remember on the train right before human Zoe died?

They allude that Lee "will not be back" and so unless they break their golden no tech rules, then neither Adama or Lee or Saul can ever bro up again. Adama used his shuttle to fly to his cabin with Laura and Lee uses a Viper and speaks of far south. TBH, I don't even know where Saul and Ellen end up. How would any of them either with no tech?

What you are saying about Lee/Apollo BTW would make him a dirty stinking liar. He agreed to no tech and he was former pres. :vala-newanime026::ronnon_whistling:

Yes, he would have been a liar

the greek myths are full of deciet,lies and treachery...perhaps our colonials are responsible for teaching us that too:beguiled:

--------------------------------------------
as for Daniel--well ,my guess went that after the cylon revolt--The Graystones would have become public enemy number one. Look at how ppl are,some thing goes wrong, they blame the person/company that created the something. No matter how irrational.

Di skin Zoe turn him? Who knows? Maybe she was killed by a nosey neighbor back on caprica. Maybe Daniel and his wife fled to Gemenon and the monotheists--who MAY have been the humans helping the early cylon rebellion-seeking protection? A series of unforeseen events--like say LACEY-the new mother superior of the monotheists' and leader of their cylon army-who knew the Graystones had treated living Zoe harshly before her death, decided that they were "unworthy"?

Some sequence got Danny boy into the "milk bath"

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
This poor guy tried to sit through Caprica.

images

Wow! We jumped from BS-G to Caprica really fast.

If I was Adama I wouldn't of given up my raptor for anything. Give up all the medicines in a land where a little nick would cause the death of one of my extremeties. No way! Not me!

I would be picking up Apollo so we would be doing that "chariot in the sky" routine and never be caught looking back.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I am going to try this again. I remember that I made it through season 1 and liked it all the way into the first half of season 2. It just seems so hard to watch now.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Why would a manufacturer waste time and money installing a complicated "neural network" into a weaponized drone? There would be no need for this as the robot's functions would be limited to carrying out specific actions that wouldn't require independent decision making capabilities. Any change of plan "decision" in the battle field wouldn't require a decision at all. The robot would simply utilize the basic algorithm that it has been pre-programmed with the exact same way your computer uses an algorithm when you do a Google search. Or the way your Xbox uses an algorithm to have video game opponents "attack" you. These mechanical functions don't require sentience, they don't require independent thought, so why install a neural network capable of independent thought inside of drones to begin with? That would be akin to installing a neural network inside your microwave oven. It would be pointless, expensive and dumb.

And please don't anyone try to claim that Craprica showed how it could happen. The show was cancelled for a reason: It was dumb. In fact, the "explanation" for robotic sentience was the dumbest part of the show. I mean really, the combination of religion and high school girl angst as the catalyst for the achievement of artificial intelligence? Puh-leez! :rolleye0014:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Why would a manufacturer waste time and money installing a complicated "neural network" into a weaponized drone? There would be no need for this as the robot's functions would be limited to carrying out specific actions that wouldn't require independent decision making capabilities. Any change of plan "decision" in the battle field wouldn't require a decision at all. The robot would simply utilize the basic algorithm that it has been pre-programmed with the exact same way your computer uses an algorithm when you do a Google search. Or the way your Xbox uses an algorithm to have video game opponents "attack" you. These mechanical functions don't require sentience, they don't require independent thought, so why install a neural network capable of independent thought inside of drones to begin with? That would be akin to installing a neural network inside your microwave oven. It would be pointless, expensive and dumb.

And please don't anyone try to claim that Craprica showed how it could happen. The show was cancelled for a reason: It was dumb. In fact, the "explanation" for robotic sentience was the dumbest part of the show. I mean really, the combination of religion and high school girl angst as the catalyst for the achievement of artificial intelligence? Puh-leez! :rolleye0014:

thats why the shows are called "Science fiction"

not "this could probably happen" fiction

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
thats why the shows are called "Science fiction"

not "this could probably happen" fiction

Yeah, well, nuBSG/Caprica is missing the "science" part when it comes to the fiction. Hell, if I wanted to see a bunch of assholes trapped in cyberspace and fighting it out I'd watch a Tron movie. ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Yeah, well, nuBSG/Caprica is missing the "science" part when it comes to the fiction. Hell, if I wanted to see a bunch of assholes trapped in cyberspace and fighting it out I'd watch a Tron movie. ;)

You said in a nutshell why I didn't like NuBSG from the beginning. I was not expecting high brow scifi since the original BSG was action/adventure. But I was not expecting the heavy soapy interpersonal stuff. It was foreign only because I was feeling "soap opera" but my eyes were seeing spaceship and battles. I never could get behind the whole Six thing or the humanoid Cylons. The character changes from the originals did not help the show and was confusing.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

"imagine greater"

:shame: