The Bad Batch

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Huh? I said right in my response that the assumption is that the Kaminoans overcame the issue with mutations. I also said I think the show is okay.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
It actually can't be done with our tech. It is wholly theoretical and everything I read also said that doing something like this (gene surgery to replace the Y with another X) runs a huge risk of bad mutations occurring. Assuming the Kaminoans have devised a way around these issues Omega is actually not a clone by definition since she is not an exact copy of the original. She is more like a genetically engineered organism.

As to the show, it's okay. I would not rate it as good as Mando or Rebels but it is better than any of the sequel trilogy or prequels. I would rate it right beneath Clone Wars.
WHY would they do it? The Clone Army was an order being processed, not a project. Why would the Kaminoans create her just because? The clear reality of her existence is because feminism and diversity and creating a hole in canon that things can be inserted into. They did this with the Time Lords in Doctor Who for the same reason. Retconning is revisionism, and is never a good thing unless it is well planned. An example of good planning would be Legendary's creation of a Middle Earth which is the home of all kaiju including Kong. It would explain why all of the monsters "disappear" between appearances, and it ties them together in such a way that was never done before but works perfectly.

In the case of the Bad Batch, it inserts an anomaly rudely into an established canon that is not backed up by later canon and has been introduced just to put a female clone into the army who isn't a clone really. It's a dumb concept and she can't be a clone if she is a female made from a male. You can't just clone a male's X chromosome as the second chromosome in the pair.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
WHY would they do it? The Clone Army was an order being processed, not a project. Why would the Kaminoans create her just because? The clear reality of her existence is because feminism and diversity and creating a hole in canon that things can be inserted into. They did this with the Time Lords in Doctor Who for the same reason. Retconning is revisionism, and is never a good thing unless it is well planned. An example of good planning would be Legendary's creation of a Middle Earth which is the home of all kaiju including Kong. It would explain why all of the monsters "disappear" between appearances, and it ties them together in such a way that was never done before but works perfectly.

In the case of the Bad Batch, it inserts an anomaly rudely into an established canon that is not backed up by later canon and has been introduced just to put a female clone into the army who isn't a clone really. It's a dumb concept and she can't be a clone if she is a female made from a male. You can't just clone a male's X chromosome as the second chromosome in the pair.
Star Wars is Fantasy.. anything can happen

and strong females have been a part of SW's from the very beginning. Although EP4 Leia was the mid 70's "Disco Queen" strong woman :)

you are seeing things that are not there because you have primed yourself to see them

hey!! are you sure you haven't been "red-pilled"? :) :)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
a little disappointed so far in the season finale. With Kamino emptied- or so it seems- no room for a Clone Rebellion there. Unless of course the Kamino leadership has taken to hiding in the underground/underwater system of tunnels and complexes that the empire doesn't know about.. perhaps they took some clones with them?

i was thinking? perhaps the Kaminoens were smart enough to put in their own chip that will not allow any clone to harm any kaminoan? mimicking one of the laws of robotics where a robot cannot bring harm to a human

idk, the SW's behind the scenes ppl have been hyping it up and this part 1 ain't it.. see next weeks

and, BTW, season 2 is a go

Star wars Meg seems to have pretty reliable info

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmrzg6j_wwk&t=233s

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
It will be interesting to see what they have happen going forward.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Well.. the ending may be a little lacking for action but what a back door way to open up more Thrawn!

the ending scene shows an arrival at a place that could be little else then Mt Tantiss-from Heir to Empire books. so far, a non canon site.

if it is revealed as Tantiss, and it is said to be used for the same ways as the empire and Thrawn used it, then it looks as if the events of Mandalorian with what we see the Imp remnant in t hat show doing ARE elements of The Thrawn Imperial Remnant -the one in the non canon books

if this happens, then it would be a direct threat to Palpatine's First Order, which had its first canon, organization in the un k regions, after the battle of Jakku. or a few yrs before the events of Mandalorian. bad Batch could show the origins of this Thrawn organization

Thrawn has been shown to have no real opinion of the Force or its users. Some theories state that perhaps his race, the CHiss, are above the effects of the Force and maybe why both the Sith and the Jedi never expanded into Chiss space out of fear that they could have no sway over them--which also may explain, if truE, how Thrawn breaks Ezra's hold on him.

Also, the human greeting Nala Se is a human dressed the same as Dr Pershing

i like the way Filoni and crew are spreading out the big story in snippets across the timeline and diff shows and characters. instead of packing it all into one show or trilogy of films, we get a layered, before, during and after telling of a (hopefully) big picture story with his shows together with the films --if there just wasn't so much filler episodes in between..

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Been letting the eps build up

so far everything from ep 11 on is really good SW's. Some of it, movie level. Good movie, not new trilogy. Defi NOT for kids only.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
great season finale 2 part!

Krennic, Tarkin, Gerrara appearances

Boba Fett's family is bigger?

other info gained on Imperial cloning, just hoping that thise in charge now are sterring away (somehow) from the new Trilogy with this and not towards it

at least ignore it, and give us a type of paralell -without any Skywalkers in the bigger story, that should be able to happen

and all of these shows- BAD BATCH, MANDALORIAN, and its follow ons. are all connected with common themes