The after--an Amazon Prime original series

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Never followed up on the thread, but Amazon dumped The After before it ever became a series and they also exposed the schilling. :) This was done in January of this year.

http://www.tv.com/news/the-after-canceled-amazon-chris-carter-142049820952/

Thank goodness...the negative ratings in there now are hilarious. I have a scathing one in there too. :)

I'm glad this happened. Who of us isn't sick and tired of people like Chris Carter giving us unintelligible crap while telling us it's filet mignon? :tealc_new050:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I'm glad this happened. Who of us isn't sick and tired of people like Chris Carter giving us unintelligible crap while telling us it's filet mignon? :tealc_new050:

He must have spent thousands to get those shill ratings in there. If you read some of them it is obvious they never even saw the thing. Ridiculously scripted over the top praise the likes of which movies like Star Wars do not even get. It was HORRIBLE. What what he thinking?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
He must have spent thousands to get those shill ratings in there. If you read some of them it is obvious they never even saw the thing. Ridiculously scripted over the top praise the likes of which movies like Star Wars do not even get. It was HORRIBLE. What what he thinking?

I despise shilling that goes on today. There's no legitimate way to make it acceptable. It's not advertising, rather, it's a total lack of integrity coupled with blatant dishonesty. CC should not be forgiven for trying such a cynical ploy.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I despise shilling that goes on today. There's no legitimate way to make it acceptable. It's not advertising, rather, it's a total lack of integrity coupled with blatant dishonesty. CC should not be forgiven for trying such a cynical ploy.

I suppose he figured that if he could get his awful series going on Amazon, he would have a money flow going like he did with X-files. He is going to have that again, even if not as much as the original run. The After is exceptionally horrible.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
The thing that gets me upset is not this show in specific. But that Amazon-and the price of AmPrime (which we have for the shipping on items we buy and the other scant benefits)-offers very little original programming. the orig's they have are mostly interpersonal/love stories and stupidity like "frat house" or whatever its called

also, the offerings of other shows/movies on AmPrime is very limited. Yes, it is beneficial for some tv shows (like UNder the dOME) that you can watch for "free" with AmP and it is available the same week it airs on TV--but most new shows you have to pay for at like $2.99 an episode

and with the money they get,can't they make some decent sci-fi?

if i am already paying $99/yr-shouldn't I at least have the same options as I do with NETFLIX at what, approx $96/yr? Sure NF doesn't ensure stuff we order online gets to our door next day, but...

I am considered just not paying for AmP when renewal comes up and just waiting longer on shipping and pay sep shipping fees instead

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

it goes both ways on Amazon--remember the debacle with the Anne Rice readers and their reviews? Some were legit but many were just BS by ppl who read the dust jacket or something on line. I put little faith in online info of this type