Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Noticed this on Netflix the other day. Starring Ryan Reynolds, Zoe Saldana, Mark Ruffalo, and Jennifer Garner. Three of those names I knew, and the fourth one seemed familiar as well, so I figured it would be a decent production. The synopsis was appealing to me as well.

"A time-traveling pilot teams up with his younger self and his late father to come to terms with his past while saving the future."

So we gave it a go yesterday. It was alright. Not as spectacular as I hoped it would be. Got the impression that the budget was significantly less than one would expect when throwing those stars in a movie together. Not that the quality of the effects was bad, but the story could have used some extra efforts. For some reason I was drawn to make a comparison with the original Total Recall movie, the one featuring Arnold Schwarzenegger. Not because of the story, but because of the face of the actress who played the Maya Sorian character, Catherine Keener. It reminded me of that scene where Arnold tries to slip past a security checkpoint wearing a fake head. Anyway, when I compare the plot of the movies to each other, The Adam Project feels rather hollow. Still, it's entertaining enough to give it a watch, if you're starving for entertainment.

View: https://youtu.be/IE8HIsIrq4o

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Netflix has a few of these movies right now - personally I found Red Notice more entertaining.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
So, anyone have any thoughts about The Adam Project? Not that I'm unwilling to discuss Red Notice, but, you know, this thread is not about Red Notice.

Quetesh

Well Known GateFan
I like it, okay-ish. It felt like it had so much potential, but just failed to get there most of the time.
In the end it was still fun, but if you compare this to another "almost awesome but not quite" movie like RIPD", it will still do when you are sitting around with nothing to do on a Sunday afternoon, but not really any better than that.

I hate to say this, and I like Ryan Reynolds, but sometimes I feel like he is just a bit of Deadpool in everything he does anymore.

Last edited: