The 4 Best Stargate Atlantis Scripts I Never Got To Write - on Reddit by JM

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
Surprised to find out that this wasn't posted.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Stargate/comments/4hh10u/the_4_best_stargate_atlantis_scripts_i_never_got/

1) The team returns to Atlantis following a routine two-day fact-finding mission. But the second they step through the gate, they are immediately surrounded by armed wraith hybrid in Atlantis uniforms. As a shocked Sheppard and co. are disarmed, they are welcomed back by the base commander: a hybrid Dr. Weir.

Sheppard’s team is informed that they have, in fact, been missing for several months and presumed dead. During their absence, things have changed. Armed with the knowledge he gathered in Allies, Michael has taken Atlantis with the help of his own aerosolized version of the retrovirus. With the Atlantis personnel transformed and the resources available to him in the city, he has successfully mass-produced enough of the agent to proceed with the next phase of his plan. With the help of his fellow hybrids, he intends to launch the agent through the gate and into Stargate Command, the first step to an invasion of Earth.

Pitched: Season 3.

Why I liked it: I simply loved the potential visual impact of hybrid versions of characters like Weir, Zelenka, Lorne, and even Chuck. And, in terms of raising the stakes vis-à-vis the ongoing Michael storyline, this would have been a doozy.

Why no one else did: Not sure. I think it was the time travel angle.

2) As part of their freshly-formed alliance with the Genii, Atlantis prepares to embark on a joint op deep into wraith-controlled territory. The Genii have pinpointed a facility purported to be of immense importance to the enemy. It’s near-inaccessible positioning and never-before-seen security suggests a target of key importance that targeting it could very well eliminate the wraith as a threat in the Pegasus Galaxy. Curiously, despite the ongoing battles between their various factions, the wraith have put aside their differences in order to safeguard whatever it is that sits within the facility.

The joint op is launched. But, as the mission progresses, the team suspects that the Genii haven’t been completely forthcoming with them regarding what lies inside the facility. They claim not to know, but Sheppard and co. suspect they are lying. Upon gaining access to the facility, while the others are setting charges, the team breaks away to look around. And discover the truth.

The high-value target is, in fact, a nursery holding some twelve wraith children, females destined to be queens.

The team is faced with a huge ethical dilemma. Destroying the target will, without a doubt, deal the wraith a crippling blow. But at what price to the team’s conscience? And if they elect to pull the plug on the op, there’s the Genii to contend with…

Pitched: Season 4.

Why I liked it: I like the huge ethical dilemmas. Also, it would shed some light on wraith culture, particularly its child-rearing practices.

Why no one else did: It could well have been because, at the end of the day, no matter what the team decided they’d have ended up making an unheroic decision (target innocents or walk away from an opportunity to eliminate the wraith threat to millions of human civilizations).

3) Ronon accompanies Weir on an off-world negotiation to the planet Drazia. Their potential new ally is a society of Genii-level advancement that, like the Genii, have managed to conceal much of their technological advancements from the wraith. Sheppard is in the gate room when they receive a transmission from Weir who informs him that, after careful consideration, she and Ronon have decided to abandon Atlantis for new lives on Drazia.

The team infiltrates the main city. Their investigation leads them to the underbelly of the society, an area peopled by the society’s disenfranchised: the weak, the sick, the infirm. There, they are approached by a decrepit old woman who claims to be Dr. Weir.

It turns out the Drazians have discovered a novel way to avoid being culled. Long ago, they realized that whenever the wraith came, they would feed on the strong and the healty and ignore the weak and sickly: the tainted. Seizing on this fact, the Drazians have been avoiding cullings by “swapping bodies” whenever the wraith draw near, transferring their consciousnesses into “the tainted” and sacrificing their former bodies (and society’s have-nots). With the threat gone and trapped in less-desirable bodies, they prey on any healthy visitors to their world, claming their bodies and banishing their consciousnesses to the city’s underbelly.

Pitched: Season 3.

Why I liked it: I’ve always enjoyed the stand-alone stories where the team travels off-world, gets into trouble, gets out of trouble, and goes home.

Why no one else did: Don’t recall.

4) While off-world, the team rescues a young girl from a frenzied mob of villagers. The villagers believe the child is possessed of a dark evil and no amount of reasoning will convince them otherwise so, kid in tow, the team beats a hasty retreat back to Atlantis.

On Atlantis, Teyla forms a bond with the young girl who, frightened at first, gradually begins to come out of her shell. As Teyla looks into finding a new home for their young guest, she learns of the supposedly dark circumstances befell her community: suspicious deaths, mysterious accidents – all attributed to the youngster. The team dismisses the villagers’ medieval fears – until some decidedly dark circumstances begin to befall Atlantis personnel, in particular those falling on the young girl’s bad side.

Ultimately, the team return to the planet and discover the truth. As it turns out, she grew up a normal little girl. But, one day, while she and her friends were playing in the catacombs located beneath a series of ancient ruinss, something happened – something that changed to her. She became withdrawn, quick to anger – and accidents befell those who displeased her.

The team explore the catacombs where they uncover an Ancient lab – and an open stasis pod holding the body of a long-dead Ancient. They realize that, while playing with her friends, the young girl inadvertently released the Ancient from his deep sleep. Near death, his mind addled, the Ancient transferred his consciousness into the only available vessel: the little girl.

Armed with this knowledge, the team returns to Atlantis to face off against a very pissed off and confused little girl possessed of the abilities of a near-ascended amnesiac Ancient.

Source: http://www.outerplaces.com/science-...s-the-top-4-scripts-that-never-made-it-to-air

Apparently, there is a comic book series as well.

http://www.outerplaces.com/science-...sus-with-a-new-stargate-atlantis-comic-series

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Mentioning anything nice about JM tends to get shot down, so I did not bother.

I have praised him at times and got kicked in the rocks. :anim_59: