The 100 season 7 and its STARGATE influences

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
There is a Season 7 coming? EXCELLENT! On another planet?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
There is a Season 7 coming? EXCELLENT! On another planet?
yes, may 20th

which other planet? they have been to one other planet last season and had to evac that for yet another where part of the old expedition also went to

s7 is the last season

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
5 eps in so far, and pretty damned good so far

the violence and killing of S5 is long past. while there still is some killing and violence, it is a minimal amount in keeping with the plot... i think this goes to my prev thoughts on S5 being so violent on purpose to show mankind on EARTH, down to its last numbers, and willing to do anything to each other for any hope of survival. the violence showed the desperation

then earth got left behind

so far this season, we see an alien (well we are to think its alien, is it?) tech... very similar in function to a stargate btw. with a travelling stone (like a DHD type of thing) that controls a wormhole travel device between planets that seemingly is powered (somehow) to the power of a nearby black hole. the different planets are all in different rates of time due to dilation per their distance from the black hole

<<hey, its fantasy, so the "how" of the tech is going to be a sideline, but we do see Raven working her best "Scotty" engineering work >>

and so many factions now.. the grounders and skycrew are just 2 of these

5 more eps to go...

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
idk if it will continue for every ep.. but the newest ep is very reminiscent of S1 of SG1, In the way they are travelling form planter to planet with an alien built wormhole system.. trying t o figure out the tech and decipher the directions. finding new things on each planet

not so much that it is directive, but more like inspired by (?) see how it goes

and, i knew a few seasons back that they would be a part of this again,somehow.. Second Dawn.. that pre apocalyptic cult that built the bunker under Polis and gave rise to the warring grounder clans... somehow, their paraphernalia (banners) found on another planet

did they have access to a travel sphere as well before the apocalypse? were they leaving before then? hmmm

this show has come so far from S1

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
episode 8... coming full circle.... return of Becca Pramheda...

a nice little homage to SG again--intended or not IDK-- 7 symbols on the travel stone need to be touched to get a wormhole opened

and the stone on earth found under a ancient structure, this time in Peru rather than Egypt

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
from a reddit post. i have seen much of the same similarities last season and defi this season-- but this person does a better job than i could writing them up

its got to be intentional and imo, done in a good way one that doesn't go all "wormhole extreme" with blatant copies but nicely done

Amanda Tapping is involved with the 100 production as well.. wonder if they were her ideas

Interesting Similarities/Parallels between Stargate and The 100 Season 6

renderTimingPixel.png

SPOILERS S6

Anyone find it interesting that there are so many similarities between Stargate (Both SG1 and Atlantis) and Season 6 of The 100? Here are the following that I found:

1. For one, the season takes place on another world (moon) that doesn't look too different from Earth (yes yes I know both Stargate and The 100 are filmed near Vancouver lol. Theyve even used props from Stargate Atlantis in a scene in Mt. Weather)

2. The Primes can easily be the Goa'uld and the COGs can easily be the Tok'ra. I do find it ironic that Russell (JR Bourne played a Tok'ra named Martouf in SG1) is playing a Prime. Hell, in the eariler seasons of Season 6, the Sanctum guards even seem to use spear-like staff weapons (obviously without the shooting capabilities that the Jaffas' staff weapons from SG1 had)

3. The Eligius 3 Colony mission parallel the Ancients/Alterans, seeding human life on planets Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Epsilon etc. Ancients/Alterans in SG1 and Atlantis did the same throughout the Milky Way and Pegasus galaxy

4. While we don't know much about the Anomaly, its been confirmed by Marie Avgeropoulos that it is indeed a portal to other worlds (most likely Beta, Gamma etc). So yes, the Anomaly has a very high chance of being a Stargate. And it is not surprising if Eligius 3, given their earlier parallel with the Ancients/Alterans (aka the Gate Builders in Stargate) are somehow responsible for building the Anomaly on Sanctum.

5. The characters from Earth (Adventure Squad, Wonkru, and Eligius Prisoners) are the Tauri. They are constantly referred to as "Earthlings" by both the Primes/Sanctum citizens and the COGs. The Earthlings ( called Tauri in SG) along with the help of the COGS (Tokra in SG) ultimately defeat the False Gods aka Primes (Goauld in SG)

6. I was also really really happy to learn that Amanda Tapping (Sam Carter in Stargate) directed the Matryoshka episode in Season 6.

7. Dean Marshall, who played Delilah's dad, also played a relatively important character Sergeant Bates in Stargate Atlantis

8. I also like how the ending credits music in Season 6 sounds so Egyptian (good callback to Abydos and the Goaulds haha)
A

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
series finished!

very good final season, but like so many other shows with so much action and engaging plots... they usually have endings not worthy of the show

it was very JEREMIAH ending familiar in part,, the rest? Yeah, it was another half homage to Stargate

i enjoyed all 7 seasons and, if the prequel is made, here's hoping it is as good or better--defi has the potential to be better

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
series finished!

very good final season, but like so many other shows with so much action and engaging plots... they usually have endings not worthy of the show

it was very JEREMIAH ending familiar in part,, the rest? Yeah, it was another half homage to Stargate

i enjoyed all 7 seasons and, if the prequel is made, here's hoping it is as good or better--defi has the potential to be better
I have missed this entire season! That means it will all be new. 2020 has gobsmacked me on so many levels. Grounded me in ways I never imagined, yet made me divide my time differently. I need to binge this last season. Thanks for the commentary! It has kept me interested.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I have missed this entire season! That means it will all be new. 2020 has gobsmacked me on so many levels. Grounded me in ways I never imagined, yet made me divide my time differently. I need to binge this last season. Thanks for the commentary! It has kept me interested.

now completed, i really do think that the SG influences are just that- nicely done- and not just a copy cat

i think amanda tapping's work on the show starting in S6 has been an influence on this

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
now completed, i really do think that the SG influences are just that- nicely done- and not just a copy cat

i think amanda tapping's work on the show starting in S6 has been an influence on this
I am going to binge this!

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I am going to binge this!

hoping the CW follows through on the pre quel series. an ep of s7 was set in the timeline of where that show would be, using the actors said to be cast in the show

it could be very good--- seems like it will show the development of the grounder culture and possibly parallels it with the culture and travels through time and space, of the 2nd dawn group members who left earth right after BEcca Pramheda came back to earth from her destroyed space station

in s7 we see this group of humans- the BARDOANS- have a whole array of advanced tech they developed.. somehow by using the wormhole 'rings/stones' they not only crossed the galaxy but either did an actual time travel to the past or a temporal anomaly where time is slowed and which gave them extra centuries t develop their tech

--------------------
there were a few inconsistencies/ open story lines at the ending of s7-- like 1 being the bardoans somehow know of clarke way before she even crossed the galaxy herself.. but, this is never explained.. this is due to the condensed time they had to shoot and produce the final eps due to covid.. still very good though. the ending COULD have come out of SG episode.. it is themed like one