Tallest Buildings in the World

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
Saudi Arabia and Dubai are going crazy with spending their oil

https://www.quora.com/Will-there-soon-be-a-building-taller-than-the-Burj-Khalifa

This one is called the Jeddah tower - which will be "1000" metres tall that's f**ing crazy

World's biggest Clock - Stands at #3

I've just checked - Dubai is building another one called the Creek tower and that one will go as high as 1300 metres

dubai-creek-tower-view.jpg

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Underachievers. Why not go for a full mile!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Underachievers. Why not go for a full mile!

They already talked about that. :) And in Tokyo of all places. At 5,577ft, it will be more than twice as tall as the Burj Khalifa which is the tallest building currently. I see this as an extreme version of cock comparing. :facepalm:. Why would the Japanese, home of multiple 7.0+ earthquakes and tsunamis and nuclear accidents even think of such a thing?

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
They already talked about that. :) And in Tokyo of all places. At 5,577ft, it will be more than twice as tall as the Burj Khalifa which is the tallest building currently. I see this as an extreme version of cock comparing. :facepalm:. Why would the Japanese, home of multiple 7.0+ earthquakes and tsunamis and nuclear accidents even think of such a thing?

Completion date for that is 2045 - So why does it take 26 years to complete a one mile tower but only 5 years to complete the burj kalifa ? I am not saying it's not small feat I am sure it takes a lot of brain power, maths and geometry and Architecture to come up with all of the materials and everything as well.

Who knows maybe in 400 years from now we will have buildings as tall as they reach the atmosphere

Last edited:

Jim of WVa

Well Known GateFan
One time I spoke with a big wig at the US Army Corps of Engineers in Huntington, WV who did his Masters Degree in the structural analysis of very tall buildings. He said that what prevented the construction of such tall buildings in the United States was a combination of a lack of desire and insurance companies. We don't really need the tall buildings that already have -- even after 9/11.

Jim of WVa

Well Known GateFan
Completion date for that is 2045 - So why does it take 26 years to complete a one mile tower but only 5 years to complete the burj kalifa ? I am not saying it's not small feat I am sure it takes a lot of brain power, maths and geometry and Architecture to come up with all of the materials and everything as well.

Who knows maybe in 400 years from now we will have buildings as tall as they reach the atmosphere

What can be accomplished with a one mile high building that could not be accomplished with ten 530 ft buildings?