• Zeros

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
One of them will take SGU's slot for when it gets canceled.:sgusucks:

Deity59

GateFans Noob
Some sound ok, and some sound like Syfy has lost their freakin' minds.

Aragon101

Illusive Deity of Fanfic
SGU's days are NUMBERED. That number is 7... 7 potential replacements :D

Notice how they even give Amanda Tapping and the ptb that she took with her another show? SCORE!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Meh...

The only show on that list that looked interesting was Orion:

ORION

National Treasure meets Firefly :icon_e_smile: in this swashbuckling space opera about an adventurous female relic hunter and her team as they hunt down — and sometimes steal — valuable and powerful objects to sell on the black market, all while staying one step ahead of the bounty hunters hot on their heels.

Co-Executive Producers/Writers: Dirk Blackman & Howard McCain
Co-Executive Producers: George Krstic & Ryuhei Kitamura
Supervising Producer: F.J. Desanto
Studio: Universal Cable Productions

Sounds sorta like a Vala character or Sanctuary in space. Could be interesting, but the others sound like dreck to me. I canceled my cable in November of last year because of SGU. The SyFy channel and Stargate (and the other scifi shows they USED to have) are no longer on so I canceled it. It would take a blockbuster to make me turn it back on. Or, if "V" moved to SyFy :icon_e_wink:

12.png

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
In case you dont know what "single camera television" is...

Some of those series sounds nice! I hope they are really good and that a German channel will buy them.

BALL & CHAIN
Superhero series with a twist. Sounds interesting. :)
Now we know why Cooper left SGU. He moved on to better things than SGU!

ME AND LEE
I am sceptic with this series. "1/2-hour single-camera series" and "bionic" doesn't sound promising. :(

ORION
Sounds like a fun space adventure series. It could be great! :)

SHERWOOD
Again a space adventure series. Could be great, too! :)

LEGENDARY
That series sounds VERY strange. "1/2-hour single-camera series" is a bad sign and the whole story about Kevin Sorbo playing himself, too. Perhaps it will be a surprise, but I expect it to be bad. :(

HUMAN RELATIONS
Aliens are always nice, but I generally prefer aliens in space and not aliens on earth which pretend to be humans and try to destroy earth stealthily. I am sceptic about this series. :(

ZEROS
"1/2-hour single-camera" and "zombies" sounds bad. :(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single-camera_setup

Single-camera television

Television producers make a distinct decision to shoot in single-camera or multiple-camera modes—unlike film producers who almost always opt for single-camera shooting. In television, single-camera is mostly reserved for prime-time dramas, made-for-tv movies, music videos and commercial advertisements. Soap operas, talk shows, sitcoms, and the like, more frequently use the multiple-camera setup.

:roll:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
7 ways to cancell sgpoo....

SGU's days are NUMBERED. That number is 7... 7 potential replacements :D

Notice how they even give Amanda Tapping and the ptb that she took with her another show? SCORE!

Yep i noticed that too...damien Kindler and Martin Wood always do excellent work. :D
plenty of substitutes in the works!

The only show on that list that looked interesting was Orion:

ORION

National Treasure meets Firefly :icon_e_smile: in this swashbuckling space opera about an adventurous female relic hunter and her team as they hunt down — and sometimes steal — valuable and powerful objects to sell on the black market, all while staying one step ahead of the bounty hunters hot on their heels.

Co-Executive Producers/Writers: Dirk Blackman & Howard McCain
Co-Executive Producers: George Krstic & Ryuhei Kitamura
Supervising Producer: F.J. Desanto
Studio: Universal Cable Productions

Sounds sorta like a Vala character or Sanctuary in space. Could be interesting, but the others sound like dreck to me. I canceled my cable in November of last year because of SGU. The SyFy channel and Stargate (and the other scifi shows they USED to have) are no longer on so I canceled it. It would take a blockbuster to make me turn it back on. Or, if "V" moved to SyFy :icon_e_wink:

View attachment 375

Yep definitely a "Vala" idea...too bad the show isn't her and Daniel! :P I don't see V moving to syfy...aren't they moving "beyond" scifi?
tomato.gif

I wonder if we will get a lovely christmas present and one of these shows will replace sgpoo by christmas....
noel_danielanime02.gif

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan
Yep i noticed that too...damien Kindler and Martin Wood always do excellent work. :D
plenty of substitutes in the works!

Yep definitely a "Vala" idea...too bad the show isn't her and Daniel! :P I don't see V moving to syfy...aren't they moving "beyond" scifi?
tomato.gif

I wonder if we will get a lovely christmas present and one of these shows will replace sgpoo by christmas....
noel_danielanime02.gif

They have held of confirming capricas renewal/cancellation for ages it seems and its 2nd half season isnt starting for ages....outlook stormy!

I realy hope that they are preping these to see if they can get a better rated show cheaper than sgpoo and caprica and will replace them then. Unfortunatley i dont think these 7 will be out before the end of the first ten eps of sgpoo has aired.

That would be a slap in the face wouldnt it if one of these pawned sgpoo in the ratings :joy:

Imperial Guardsman

GateFans Noob
SHERWOOD
In this “Robin Hood” story for the 23rd century, a young man of privilege teams up with a misfit spaceship crew to right the wrongs of his family.

ORION
National Treasure meets Firefly in this swashbuckling space opera about an adventurous female relic hunter and her team as they hunt down — and sometimes steal — valuable and powerful objects to sell on the black market, all while staying one step ahead of the bounty hunters hot on their heels.
Those two shows sound interesting hopefully they turn out well

They have held of confirming capricas renewal/cancellation for ages it seems and its 2nd half season isnt starting for ages....outlook stormy!

I enjoyed the remade battlestar galactica for the most part, tried out caprica and while it had some interesting parts it didn't really appeal to me. Though if it lasts long enough to show the start of the first cylon war I may just check it out again.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Which of Syfy's new shows will replace SGPoo?

One of the things the squeedrones whine on and on about is that Syfylys doesn't have any "other shows to replace SGU so it CAN'T be cancelled"...well now we know there are seven (cout them SEVEN) new shows in SYfylys's pipeline. So which one will be picked to replace SGPoo? And when?
BALL & CHAIN
Superhero series with a twist. Sounds interesting. :)

Executive Producers: Bob Cooper

Now we know why Cooper left SGU. He moved on to better things than SGU!

ME AND LEE
I am sceptic with this series. "1/2-hour single-camera series" and "bionic" doesn't sound promising. :(

ORION
Sounds like a fun space adventure series. It could be great! :)

SHERWOOD
Again a space adventure series. Could be great, too! :)

LEGENDARY
That series sounds VERY strange. "1/2-hour single-camera series" is a bad sign and the whole story about Kevin Sorbo playing himself, too. Perhaps it will be a surprise, but I expect it to be bad. :(

HUMAN RELATIONS
Aliens are always nice, but I generally prefer aliens in space and not aliens on earth which pretend to be humans and try to destroy earth stealthily. I am sceptic about this series. :(

ZEROS
"1/2-hour single-camera" and "zombies" sounds bad. :(

I pick Sherwood because Amanda tapping took the most talented writer and director with her when she left Stargate. :D and it would make for a lovely irony! ;) It will be replaced by Christmas...the ratings will drop to under a million within the first four eps of season 2.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I'd pick either Sherwood or Orion. Of all of them, they sound the most interesting.

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
Orion seems like Warehouse 13. Infact, a lot of these show seem the same thing, normal dude faced with supernatural.

Aragon101

Illusive Deity of Fanfic
I'd say Orion, but Sherwood would likely get some decent ratings. I'm not too sure on the premise being long term but it is pretty cool.

All i want is SGU off the air and for Stargate to be allowed to recoup from its horrible losses :p Let someone take the idea in a few years and give us a massively awesome reboot :D

Insomnium

GateFans Cadet
Well, i'm not certain yet...

Probably will come to a decision when I see the previews and any other online info that surfaces.

tetrion

GateFans Noob
Geez, not a original idea in any...

'Ball & Chain' : Hancock
'Me & Lee' : 6 Million Dollar Man (I guess that they didn't learn their lesson with the 'Bionic Woman')
Orion: Firefly
Sherwood: Robin Hood in Space
Legendary: Hercules
Human Relations : Evil version of Men in Black/ X files
Zeros: Resident Evil.

Funny thing about it, Orion and Sherwood sound a sh*t load better than SGPoo media releases...

Yllek

GateFans Noob
Orion or Sherwood.

(Sherwood sounds too Robin Hood though. And 'Orion' reminds me of Sheppard's space ship that Lorne blew up :P)

It all depends on the cast though. The series may sound great on paper, but if they put together a cast without a hint of chemistry or screen appeal, I'm not going to watch it.

Deity59

GateFans Noob
Whoa, wait, what? When did I set up a poll? I must be sleepwalking.

Aragon101

Illusive Deity of Fanfic
You know... i think we have this all wrong...

We're assuming the 'good' shows from this list will replace SGpoo...

What if it just gets replaced by two of the halfhours shows that we know are desperate grasps? OMGZOR. That HAS to happen.

WE need to start a petition to replace SGpoo with those! :P

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
Oh happy day

I posted this on another similar story. The sentiment's the same.

The countdown clock is running on those two year contracts. The fact they are spooling up new shows ready to kick SGU's sorry shakey-cam ass off the air is good news. Maybe Wright and Mozz can develop Barney Lost in Space for that younger demographic they were so intent on capturing.

I'm waiting to hear those words - "Didn't perform as expected".