Syfy website not promoting sgu

Lilith

GateFans Noob
All the other syfy programs have a social tab to connect to facebook and twitter. Don't see one for SGPOO. Also checked the scheduling and only had 5 episodes with air times listed. So going down.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
good eye!

All the other syfy programs have a social tab to connect to facebook and twitter. Don't see one for SGPOO. Also checked the scheduling and only had 5 episodes with air times listed. So going down.

They have caprica and sanctuary set up to be on facebook and twitter but not sgpoo! HA!!!! They moved it to Tuesdays to cancel it!

Betty_Buttsecks

GateFans Noob
It would be a waste of time and money as we all know a show this good doesn't need promotion.

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob

I guess they've realized that any site with open access (ie not Gayteworld censors) that discusses Universe gets creamed by the large part of the fanbase that hates this show.

SGoo is a phenomenon, a franchise that trashed it's fans and now comes looking for adulation. That's the story these TV journalists should be writing about.

JohnSN7

GateFans Noob
Syfy's Strategy

Syfy has adopted a clear strategy with regards to airing SGU. The ratings are lower than the other Stargate shows and most of Syfy's other shows. And it has 7 new shows, a few of which look promising. To put it bluntly, Syfy does not have faith in SGU and its ratings. It's clearly not working on Friday night, so they are moving it to Tuesday night and basically saying that SGU is do-or-die at this point. They're not going to put too much effort or money into it because they know it is a sinking ship. They'll focus on their other powerhouses (Sanctuary, Eureka, and Warehouse 13). Basically, SGU is on a suicide mission right now. Against the competition of NCIS: LA with NCIS leading in, Dancing with the Stars, and whatever show Fox has following Glee, the odds are tremendously against SGU. It will likely crash and burn, and Syfy expects this. Their thinking in putting SGU on Tuesday is "Why not?" (because there's certainly nothing better to do). But in the slight, small possibility that SGU succeeds on Tuesday nights, if SGU miraculously survives (and it would take a miracle), then SGU would have earned its survival. It's a win-win for Syfy because they either revitalize a dying show, or lose a show they knew was failing anyway.

We all know that SGU will fail. We all know that it has already failed. It has had horrible ratings, and the lowest ratings in the entire Stargate franchise. It has divided the fanbase and failed to attract the audience it was intended for. SGU will be canceled this season. We know that with 99.9% certainty. So the fact that Syfy is thinking along these lines is a good thing.

SexyDexy

GateFans Noob
?? I see the promotion

Am I missing something? Because I see SGU marketed on the Syfy site...I went to the Syfy mainpage, and SGU is listed first on the On Syfy tab in the middle of the screen, which is the most prominent placement. Then when I go to the SGU show page, I see a twitter feed and buttons for SGU mobile, SMS, and Twitter. The only thing I don't see is the Facebook link. As for the scheduling I don't notice any of the shows schedules going beyond mid-November, so I'm not sure we can draw any conclusions from that (but maybe I just didn't find the right place for the future schedules because I've only been on the Syfy site like, twice before?).

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
It could also explain, in part, why Caprica was rescheduled to October. If both shows fail, Syfy has a two-hour slot to fill against heavy hitters. A two-hour slot that can be filled (at a minimum of expense) with archived movies until Syfy can regroup or something better comes along.
yeah like the Michael Shank's epic : Arctic Blast :P:P

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Have snark, will travel...

You're just wonderfully wicked today, Rac.. :joy: Well, let's face it -- wouldn't the rebroadcast of that be preferrable to Stargate: EmoVerse? (I'm trademarking that, so don't anyone get any ideas.. :P )

The one hubby's dying to see is OctoShark...it was on syfy last week but too late for him to see it! he loves stupid scifi movies to laugh at and syfy has soooooooooooooo many of those! ;)

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
He loves to laugh at them!

..he will indeed get his wish with that one. I saw all of five minutes -- all I could take. Yep, he'll be quite content with that one.
He saw I think it was mega-fault last weekend with Peter Fonda (the poor man must really be hurting for money! :eek: ) and I could hear him laughing all over the house I swear! :rolleyes: He heckled the acting, the (lack of ) science, the HORRIBLE special effects (they couldn't even do a reasonable 2 people driving a car down the road scene!) corny dialog, etc... for him it's good clean fun!:P

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
NCIS:LA great premier!

I agree with you guys on this. I think that we heard the SGU producers whining about how Friday was a dead-zone and that's why the ratings were so bad. Well, now they've been put on a day where sci-fi fans are known to watch tv (Lost - yes Lost - was on Tuesdays, as well as V, and lots of sci-fi fans love NCIS), so we'll see what happens. I think it's going to be bad for them, but they could succeed.

So, these producers got what they wanted, but will they want what they get? That's the question now.

Cheers.

snookie said the season premier of NCIS:LA was great! she is very excited about the show....something tells me sgpoo is going to sink under the weight of the manure they have piled in it! :P

Xineohpinakc

GateFans Noob
I agree with you guys on this. I think that we heard the SGU producers whining about how Friday was a dead-zone and that's why the ratings were so bad. Well, now they've been put on a day where sci-fi fans are known to watch tv (Lost - yes Lost - was on Tuesdays, as well as V, and lots of sci-fi fans love NCIS), so we'll see what happens. I think it's going to be bad for them, but they could succeed.

So, these producers got what they wanted, but will they want what they get? That's the question now.

Cheers.

Me thinks NCIS and V will take what is left of their fanbase.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I hope not.

What competition is SGU up against. What airs at the same time?

I'm of the opinion now that I've no idea how Tuesday will fair for SGU, maybe it will bring in a new audience. Just because the show is an insult to the Stargate Franchise, doesn't mean that it won't find an audience who like that sort of crap. If reality shows can do well than SGU could find a whole new set of fans who love, boring, mindless characters who bicker, backstab and portray humanity at its worst.

If so, that would be a sad state of affairs. :(

deco

GateFans Noob
i think they whanted to end stargate for good and put this show so that ppl dont even bother to see this garbage

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
But there is a Facebook SGU un-appreciation group. In fact one or two of our own members has a plug for us. Maybe we need a SGU•S group there.

Lilith

GateFans Noob
Facebook would do it.

Get the message out there. Spread the word. Wake up the masses. A united front.

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan
Yep, that's what I heard. The Tuesday premiere got:

NCIS: Los Angeles (9pm)
- 15.757 million viewers
- 9.7/15 HH
- 3.4/9 A18-49

;)

First - Welcome Xineohpinakc!! :)

It's nice to have a new member added to our group. I agree, but we'll have to see. I really hope that V competes against SGU, but it might take up its 10pm slot again. Either way, I'll be watching V until S, G, and U are hopefully just letters in the alphabet again. ;)

Cheers, buddy!

Okay, ocean, here's your answer:

Tuesdays' Fall Schedule at the moment:

ABC: 9pm-10pm, Dancing With The Stars

CBS: 9pm-10pm, NCIS:LA

NBC: 8pm-10pm, The Biggest Loser

FOX: 9pm-10pm, Raising Hope (new show)

Syfy: 9pm-10pm, Stargate Universe

TNT: 9pm-10pm, Law & Order

USA: 9pm-10pm, Law & Order:SVU

HBO: 9pm-10pm, True Blood

The Law/Order+True Blood shows are the only ones that I think are re-runs, everything else is new.

If SGU fails, then it won't have an excuse because if it had've stayed on Fridays it would have been up against Supernatural and CSI: New York plus a couple of other new shows that would likey have stolen fans that would possibly be into Stargate but let down by SGU. Personally, I'd watch CSI NY hands down over SGU on a Friday if I were watching TV at that time, just like lots of people will be watching NCIS LA on Tuesdays (and then V if it returns to compete with SGU).

Cheers.

If you want Dark,gritty, sex and action, even repeats of True Blood are more exciting than sgpoo! can you imagine a fan who is used to True bloods Sex scenes, character interaction ect being told how much better sgpoo is at it, tuning in and getting whined at for 45 mins :facepalm: no contest there not even in the same ball park!