Syfy renews Being Human for Season Two

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Syfy Channel has picked up its newest original drama, Being Human, for a second season. The network made the announcement today, calling the series about a vampire, a werewolf, and a ghost who live together its “most female-skewing scripted series ever.”
It’s also Syfy’s most successful winter premiere since 2005′s Battlestar Galactica, pulling in a weekly average of 1.8 million viewers so far. (This likely includes DVR-delayed viewers.) Women make up 53 percent of that — definitely a number worth bragging about for a science fiction series.
Being Human has proven to be a winner for Syfy on all fronts,” said Mark Stern, Syfy’s President of Original Content. “Using the original format as inspiration, showrunners / writers Jeremy Carver and Anna Fricke — along with a superlative team of writers, cast, and production — have created an amazing, compelling series in its own right. We can’t wait to watch Aidan, Josh and Sally continue their struggle to be human in the second season!”
The show is a remake of a popular U.K. series, which just finished its third season on BBC3.
There are 13 episodes in the first season of the show. Syfy didn’t specify any change in that for Season Two.
New episodes of Being Human continue to air on Monday nights at 9 p.m., ahead of Stargate Universe at 10 p.m. (9 Central) The season finale of Being Human airs on Monday, April 11.

:facepalm:
http://www.gateworld.net/news/2011/03/syfy-renews-being-human-for-season-two/#comment-17657

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Considering what just happened in episode 3.8 in the English version, it may not last there much longer.

That said, I don't watch the American version. They've messed with things too damned much.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Exactly!

I don't understand why they don't just buy the original british version.

I'm still trying to figure out why they had to "Americanize" the show. The BBC version is pretty damn good to begin with and there was no reason to make an entirely new version of it. It's not like it's an old show, after all, the BBC version is currently playing on BBCAmerica.

Obviously they did it to make money but they're not getting any from me. It's not that I don't watch the show because I hate it rather, it's because it just isn't that good. And it seems like they have zero FX budget for the American version. The werewolf is incredibly lame -- I mean LAME! Ugh!

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I'm still trying to figure out why they had to "Americanize" the show. The BBC version is pretty damn good to begin with and there was no reason to make an entirely new version of it. It's not like it's an old show, after all, the BBC version is currently playing on BBCAmerica.

Obviously they did it to make money but they're not getting any from me. It's not that I don't watch the show because I hate it rather, it's because it just isn't that good. And it seems like they have zero FX budget for the American version. The werewolf is incredibly lame -- I mean LAME! Ugh!

Manimal lame?

[video=youtube;-HhOoZRWYOU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HhOoZRWYOU

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member

I'm dreading the day when Syfylys decides to Americanize Doctor Who. I hope the British would never allow that to happen.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I'm dreading the day when Syfylys decides to Americanize Doctor Who. I hope the British would never allow that to happen.

It would be a train wreck of epic proportions. Chances are it would be so bad you couldn't even laugh at it. Still, I shudder to think that the day will come when they attempt to do it. :puke:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

Briangate78

GateFans Noob
I've seen a couple of eps, not too bad, but not worth being a regular viewer. Right now I cannot wait for Sanctuary, W13, and Eureka to return. So happy all 3 got renewed.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I've seen a couple of eps, not too bad, but not worth being a regular viewer. Right now I cannot wait for Sanctuary, W13, and Eureka to return. So happy all 3 got renewed.

Yeah it will definitely be TV worth watching. Those are good shows. SyFy needs more of that type.

As for the SyFy version of "Being Human" it just doesn't have the sincerity of the British version. And it's obvious they're rushing the stories and mixing them together so they can eventually deviate from the British version. I generally only watch the SyFy version if nothing better is on, and even then not always will I bother. If it's successful for SyFy I guess that's okay, but personally I'll tune into BBCA to watch the British version on Saturday nights instead. ;)

G

Graybrew1

I am surprised to hear they already renewed it, wasn't that fast?