Syfy inadvertantly promotes the new V!

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Syfy knows when a show gets good ratings- they have run a marathon today of the original V series- so V's new fans can watch it and see how cool Jane Badler and Marc Singer were "back in the day". I wonder how much of a boost V's premiere will get from this? :laughing:I wonder if Bernice noticed? ;)

SexyDexy

GateFans Noob
LOL!

Syfy knows when a show gets good ratings- they have run a marathon today of the original V series- so V's new fans can watch it and see how cool Jane Badler and Marc Singer were "back in the day". I wonder how much of a boost V's premiere will get from this? :laughing:I wonder if Bernice noticed? ;)

That's funny - I bet it was intentional, the timing is too coincidental for it to have been an accident, imo. When Craig Engler tweeted that there was going to be a marathon of the original V...my eyes glazed over the 'original' (I skim tweets instead of carefully reading them half the time) - and I thought "Huh? They're airing ABC's V?" Lol.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
That's funny - I bet it was intentional, the timing is too coincidental for it to have been an accident, imo. When Craig Engler tweeted that there was going to be a marathon of the original V...my eyes glazed over the 'original' (I skim tweets instead of carefully reading them half the time) - and I thought "Huh? They're airing ABC's V?" Lol.

Bernice and Loretta have got to be crying in their ______(insert fruity drink that only girly-men like :P)! :p

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
What if they WANT it?

Bernice and Loretta have got to be crying in their ______(insert fruity drink that only girly-men like :P)! :p

What if Syfy has its eye on the show? SG-1 was on Showtime at first. It could be a HUGE moneymaker for Syfy if they do not interfere with it.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
What if Syfy has its eye on the show? SG-1 was on Showtime at first. It could be a HUGE moneymaker for Syfy if they do not interfere with it.

It wouldn't suprise me. It's ratings did drop pretty hard on ABC, but still more than reasonable (even exceptional) for a Syfy program. It would be a (imo) smart move for Syfy to keep an eye on "ailing" "Major network" shows in the Scifi catagory to pick up as they can get the show whilst dodging some of the initial start-up costs.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

You forget that SGU will be running on SyFy long after "V" goes back to being just a letter in the alphabet -- oh wait...
Nevermind. :D

Tropicana

Council Member
It can be interpreted that Syfy is punishing Wright & Co for their arrogance, equally, Syfy respects sci-fi and is deliberately supporting V. Is Syfy getting anything in return from ABC, I don't know but it's not uncommon for channel networks to go on some kind of collaboration every now and again.

Syfy could be acknowledging ABC since ABC held strong ratings throughout Fall 2010, during its prime time slots.

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
That Tuesday timeslot

We have V, Atlantis, Demolition Man (a favourite), 2 NCIS episodes, 6 hours of 1000 ways to die and Nova on tonight. Too bad SGU isn't on, I'd really want my fix of SGPoo instead. :icon_razz:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
It can be interpreted that Syfy is punishing Wright & Co for their arrogance, equally, Syfy respects sci-fi and is deliberately supporting V. Is Syfy getting anything in return from ABC, I don't know but it's not uncommon for channel networks to go on some kind of collaboration every now and again.

Syfy could be acknowledging ABC since ABC held strong ratings throughout Fall 2010, during its prime time slots.

I just find it interesting because Syfy is part of NBC....NOT ABC!!! maybe they do have their eye on picking up V if it's ratings are what quadruple sgpoo's and it gets cancelled! :joy: