Stonehenge in December

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
As long as my employer keeps offering the employee discount and now I have other discounts to bring to bear I intend to keep doing this.

So, to change things up I am flying out to Heathrow on December 13th. I arrive VERY early December 14th and then it's off on a whirlwind tour of Salisbury, Southampton and Stonehenge. I'll be staying that night in Southampton then embarking the 15th to sail to New York.

IkIRolm.jpg

Last edited:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Thanks!

I may try to jam Winsdor into this but I'm also going right into the tour off of a 9 hour flight so it may be asking a bit.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
It seems like you already have a busy schedule. I would recommend not trying to do extra stuff on top but instead try to make the best of the places you're already going.

As long as my employer keeps offering the employee discount and now I have other discounts to bring to bear I intend to keep doing this.

So, to change things up I am flying out to Heathrow on December 13th. I arrive VERY early December 14th and then it's off on a whirlwind tour of Salisbury, Southampton and Stonehenge. I'll be staying that night in Southampton then embarking the 15th to sail to New York.

View attachment 34211

Just curious but doesn't Stonehenge line-up with the sun (setting and/or rising) on the Winter solstice?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Yes it does, both the Winter and Summer Solstices.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

View attachment 34211
it would be cool to go and see some of the lesser visited places

i have read that there are stone structures all around britain and up into scotland, they are just not as big as SH.

seems glastonbury tor is a great visit as well--to bad the surrounding inland "sea" was drained so long ago

the marsh people who lived there-mysterious themselves in their origins-built a huge network of reed bridges and causeways as well as rope bridges and the like

it is the same larger marsh area where King Alfred spent time hiding out from the Danes--and reportedly burned some bread while daydreaming :)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Well, tomorrow I will be off to Stonehenge! As usual I will set up a thread for photos and impressions and the like.

Obviously I will be restricted in posting especially once I am out on the Atlantic but I will try to update daily at least.

Well, tomorrow I will be off to Stonehenge! As usual I will set up a thread for photos and impressions and the like.

Obviously I will be restricted in posting especially once I am out on the Atlantic but I will try to update daily at least.

Don't forget to pack your Druid robes for the Winter solstice celebration there. :snowman:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Don't forget to pack your Druid robes for the Winter solstice celebration there. :snowman:

But then I would have to paint myself blue, which could cause issues...

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan

Have a good trip man!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Bon Voyage! Have a GREAT trip!

cyclop-alien-waving-hello-smiley-emoticon.gif

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
If you have the opportunity, come have a pint in Belfast. ;)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
54358758-332C-40DB-8B90-4BF80ADC6614.jpeg
Today I was here:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
2935DC15-838F-44FE-9EA1-4117CB5F2BC4.jpeg
And here:

Twalet Brash

GateFans Member
Gorgeous pics. Would be really awesome if you could post an immersive video in 360.

This video does a nice job with 360. You can drag the camera angle around in all directions.