Starz Cancels Camelot...

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
G

Graybrew1

This does not surprise me. The King Arthur actor never hit the right chord with me. Out of the three historical dramas out. This was at my bottom. I will miss Joseph Fiennes and look forward to seeing him in something else soon.

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
Look! Now Starz finally has a vacant spot for that SGU continuation all the shills at GW were predicting when Syfy cancelled it :lol:

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
Look! Now Starz finally has a vacant spot for that SGU continuation all the shills at GW were predicting when Syfy cancelled it :lol:

:lol: And I thought Showtime was going to pick up SGU for old times sake. :P

I did watch all of the Camelot episodes and the story progessed too slowly. This does not surprise me at all.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
This does not surprise me. The King Arthur actor never hit the right chord with me. Out of the three historical dramas out. This was at my bottom. I will miss Joseph Fiennes and look forward to seeing him in something else soon.

I'm with you on this one. The kid (and I mean kid) they had playing King Arthur just didn't do it for me at all. I never bought it for a second. Terrible casting choice there.

Joeseph Fiennes is good as always. Shame it wasn't a better vehicle for him.

G

Graybrew1

I'm with you on this one. The kid (and I mean kid) they had playing King Arthur just didn't do it for me at all. I never bought it for a second. Terrible casting choice there.

Joeseph Fiennes is good as always. Shame it wasn't a better vehicle for him.

Yes, Such a shame. We are in total agreement with this. :icon_e_wink:

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
I'm in agreement that something wasn't quite right about this one. On cable there is so much quality programming that when something like this is a little off, it really shows.

In all honesty it's probably good that Starz frees up some money to spend on other things. They still have Spartacus to launch new shows off and Torchwood is on the way so things are still looking good for them.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I'm in agreement that something wasn't quite right about this one. On cable there is so much quality programming that when something like this is a little off, it really shows.

In all honesty it's probably good that Starz frees up some money to spend on other things. They still have Spartacus to launch new shows off and Torchwood is on the way so things are still looking good for them.

Right. There's plenty of other offerings that Starz should concentrate on. Losing Camelot really is no loss at all. I'd much rather they concentrate on making the shows you mentioned spectacular.

S

Stonelesscutter

I would have liked to see another season of this one.
It was slow but still there was stuff going on in every episode.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I would have liked to see another season of this one.
It was slow but still there was stuff going on in every episode.

Meh, it just didn't gel with me. I shouldn't have to work at finding interest in a show like that. Besides, King Arthur was played by a horribly miscast actor. He just wasn't convincing.

S

Stonelesscutter

Meh, it just didn't gel with me. I shouldn't have to work at finding interest in a show like that. Besides, King Arthur was played by a horribly miscast actor. He just wasn't convincing.

I think he was the worst casted actor in the series but I would have liked to see him develop. It's kinda interesting seeing a young/weak Arthur when he's supposed to be such a great king.

G

Graybrew1

I think he was the worst casted actor in the series but I would have liked to see him develop. It's kinda interesting seeing a young/weak Arthur when he's supposed to be such a great king.

I'm sorry I gave him a chance. He sucked for me and made the character uninteresting. I was watching by the end for Fiennes. I adore him and thought he did a great job.

LadySciFi

GateFans Noob
I think they should have kept King Lot .....even if it is for the sole purpose of really having the ability to flip my cookies!!love0050.gif
I couldn't get past the actor that plays King Arthur. But it did have other wonderful cast members...Fiennes, Green, Forlani.. But it still was missing something.....

S

Stonelesscutter

I'm guessing Fiennes was the one portraying Merlin? He was great in this show. But then again most acting was great in this show. I still think it's a shame it was cancelled, despite the fact that Arthur may not have been the best.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

The issue wasn't character growth it was simply a matter of miscasting. Yes, the character would have grown during the course of the series as that's only natural, but having to watch that guy in the role of Arthur would not have been worth it. He just was not the right fit. I suspect the miscast role had a hand in losing viewer interest.

S

Stonelesscutter

The issue wasn't character growth it was simply a matter of miscasting. Yes, the character would have grown during the course of the series as that's only natural, but having to watch that guy in the role of Arthur would not have been worth it. He just was not the right fit. I suspect the miscast role had a hand in losing viewer interest.

I think the slow pace was the main reason why viewers lost interest. (if that was the case at all)