Stargate Infinity

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I caught a few minutes of this show today on the Cartoon network as I was channel surfing. It didn't seem too bad, typical cartoon. it looked better than sgpoo to me. any thoughts?

Red Mage

Boney
I commented on the series in another thread. Stargate Infinity gets a bit of a bad rap but it's not really all that bad. It is just a run of the mill saturday morning cartoon show designed for kids. It's a bit cheesy and tries a bit too hard to teach a history fact or moral lesson or two but it was designed for a young male audience not the average SG-1 fan. While I feel I'm a bit too old to enjoy the show much but I can see how it might have appeal for kids. The show doesn't really follow the canon of the movie or tv series at all so don't expect appearances of an animated Oneill or Daniel Jackson. Expecting an animated version SGA or SG-1 will likely leave the viewer severely disappointed. The series is set 30 years in the future and has its own new villainous race Tlak'kahn who are interesting in their own right and far better developed than anything seen on SGU thus far.

Leo(T.C.K.)

GateFans Noob
Also what is funny that it got so many negative reaction....and was cancelled before the story could be concluded, but look at what is going with SGU, the story will be concluded even if it will be cancelled and SGU was doing far worse, it is not fair to Stargate Infinity when you look back and it had a lot of potential.

It was supposed to be more darker or serious though at one point, but they had to tone it down for kids I believe. Few eps are rather terrible, like that museum one, but most of them are pretty decent episodes on their own.

But of course people hated Infinity...and it was more visible than the SGU hate, maybe because it was not done by Brad Wright or something, in fact many of the pro SGU people hated Infinity back then, which is ridiculous.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I have never seen the series. It was also never shown in Germany.

No offense to anyone who likes Stargate Infinity but you're not missing much. TPTB should stop taking dumps in boxes and marking them "Stargate". Germany must have recognized that and decided to pass.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I have no interest in cartoon versions of sci-fi shows myself. But I guess I could ask my stepdaughter to have a look at this. If she hates it, score for me. :D

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Where di this come from? I agree that I have no interest in these types of cartoon sci-fi - the only good cartoon sci-fi I have seen was either Japanese (Space Battleship Yamato and Harlock) or Titan AE.