Stargate Extinction: Joe Mallozzi doing an end run around Brad Wright?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Well, it looks like Joe is trying to drum up support for his Stargate Extinction script and he is using the fanbase to gather support. I just came across this article: http://www.boomtron.com/2011/07/more-details-on-stargate-extinction/

Excerpt:

According to Mallozzi, Extinction would open up with Atlantis relocating from the San Francisco Bay to the far side of the moon, but it would soon be discovered that the Ancients programmed the city to self-destruct if it was ever taken out of the Pegasus Galaxy. This knowledge would prompt the assembly of the old team in an effort to return Atlantis home.

“It’s time to get the band back together,” Mallozzi shared, “and we check in with our various team members as they are called up and beamed away for the return journey: Teyla and her family, Keller, Beckett, Lorne, Zelenka and, of course, Sheppard and Ronon who are plucked away while receiving treatment at a local hospital following a barroom brawl (we went back and incorporated the scar actor Jason Momoa received following an incident near his L.A. home). Once everyone has assembled, McKay gives them the 411. Given the time constraints they face, they have to get back to Pegasus as quickly as possible — meaning they’ll have to use the wormhole drive again. Zelenka calculates that two jumps should do it.”

Of course, this is the world of Stargate, and nothing is ever that easy. The wormhole drive burns out after the first jump, and a search for help leads the team into a “wild time-travel themed adventure,” where it’s discovered that Todd the Wraith is “simultaneously, their hugest threat and biggest ally.”

Stargate: Extinction
was announced by MGM and Syfy Channel in 2008, but MGM’s bankruptcy issues and the demise of Stargate: Universe saw Extinction put on the shelf and all but forgotten.

Well, Im not too keen on the premise, but I would support such a movie with my viewing time. I might even be willing to PAY for such a film if it went direct to DVD. It does sound like the genuine Atlantis I know and love, and it sounds like Stargate and not Soapgate (SGU). If, at any time during development of such a film, there was any sort of tie-in to Stargate Universe or any of its characters or even the mere mention of Destiny came into it, I would take my leave of it. I have noticed at fanfiction.net there are stories incorporating the three shows and there are a few which have one or the other two shows interacting with the SGU characters and I refuse to read them.

Stargate Universe is NOT Stargate canon IMO.

I dont think that will ever change. Just like the new Planet of the Apes seems to be a worthy update to the previous set of four PotA movies, the one done by Tim Burton is not considered canon and will be all but forgotten when the new one comes out. Stargate Atlantis is a great show even if it wasnt built on the foundation of SG-1. The premise was awesome, the characters were awesome, and the writing was getting there. :) I like the fact that Mallozzi wants to bring in the old crew. And to do it right, they NEED Shepperd and Teyla and Ronon and McKay and the ones he named. Keller is not necessary. Anyway, it looks like the Transporter series he is working on for Cinemax is shaping up: http://screenrant.com/transporter-series-cinemax-cast-lost-director-yman-121020/

Brad Wright has fallen off the map. Since cleaning out his office, I can find NOTHING on the man anywhere. Its as though he has gone into hiding. :icon_e_wink: So, this new push from Mallozzi could be seen as an "end run" around Brad in this venture. I say go for it, Joe!

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
this has already and is being discussed in the malozzi thread, besides that i wouldnt call the occasional post on his blog "drumming up support".

and unlike you i WOULD NOT support or watch this crapfest of a "movie".

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Good point!

He may be trying to do an end-run around BW. Remember he had nothing to do with the two sg1 films...I bet he is itching to do a film! Will I watch it? It all depends...if it was well-written, NO mention of SGU OR MCKELLER :puke:, and had the original actors it could be worth my time and a few bucks! :)

SerenityS

GateFans Member
I think some sites (like Gateworld) are just now picking up on what Mallozzi said a while ago on his blog. I doubt he has time for anything Stargate related at the moment. He did mention he'd tried (at least he said he tried) to get MGM to allow release of the script but he never heard back from them. Perhaps they mean to do something with it or just don't care enough to respond?

I'd support the movie but would hate to see SGU or McKeller also.

S

Stonelesscutter

Brad Wright has fallen off the map. Since cleaning out his office, I can find NOTHING on the man anywhere. Its as though he has gone into hiding. :icon_e_wink: So, this new push from Mallozzi could be seen as an "end run" around Brad in this venture. I say go for it, Joe!

I'm sure that now he has YOUR support, he'll feel strengthened and secure in his conviction to push forward with his ideas. ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I'm sure that now he has YOUR support, he'll feel strengthened and secure in his conviction to push forward with his ideas. ;)

Now if only MGM would follow the orders I sent them yesterday. Are they....are they, like ignoring my orders? How dare they! Who do they think they are? Who do they think I am?! The NERVE of them :P

S

Stonelesscutter

Now if only MGM would follow the orders I sent them yesterday. Are they....are they, like ignoring my orders? How dare they! Who do they think they are? Who do they think I am?! The NERVE of them :P

Indeed! :D

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Didn't I say something about Joe doing something like this in the mailbag thread a month or two ago :P

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Didn't I say something about Joe doing something like this in the mailbag thread a month or two ago :P

Indeed you did, But that article in thw OP I posted is brand new. He is STILL pushing it and now he is trying to mobilize the fans, so that old news is new again. :)

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Indeed you did, But that article in thw OP I posted is brand new. He is STILL pushing it and now he is trying to mobilize the fans, so that old news is new again. :)

He's being a conscientious person and trying to do what is best for the environment by recycling OLD ideas. ;)