Stargate Atlantis: Homecoming

Jason1983

GateFans Noob
Is anyone else really excited like I am that there will be novels to continue SGA's storylines after the season five finale? I know its not a movie but something is better then nothing.
Atlantis LIVES!!!!!

Product Description
The first of a six book series set after the end of Stargate Atlantis's final season, Homecoming sees Atlantis return to the Pegasus Galaxy. But the situation in Pegasus has changed. The Wraith are on the verge of unification under the new and powerful Queen Death. She stages a daring raid with one goal: the capture of the only man able to give their ships hyperdrive and lead them to Earth -- Dr. Rodney McKay.
(Book Comes Out on October 16, 2010)

http://www.amazon.com/Stargate-Atla...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1285877949&sr=1-1

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2010/09/novels-to-continue-sga-storylines/

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Is anyone else really excited like I am that there will be novels to continue SGA's storylines after the season five finale? I know its not a movie but something is better then nothing.
Atlantis LIVES!!!!!

Product Description
The first of a six book series set after the end of Stargate Atlantis's final season, Homecoming sees Atlantis return to the Pegasus Galaxy. But the situation in Pegasus has changed. The Wraith are on the verge of unification under the new and powerful Queen Death. She stages a daring raid with one goal: the capture of the only man able to give their ships hyperdrive and lead them to Earth -- Dr. Rodney McKay.
(Book Comes Out on October 16, 2010)

http://www.amazon.com/Stargate-Atla...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1285877949&sr=1-1

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2010/09/novels-to-continue-sga-storylines/

the books are better than nothing. I have read a number of the fandomonium books and they are pretty good. the best part is the current writers of sgpoo aren't writing the books!:P

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan
Im waiting to see what changes this series makes. Ive read Jo's commentary on the up coming series and have to say some stuff shes mentioned has put me off. Ive go a couple of friends who also like reading books as much as i do and will read this series for me and give me the :beckettu: or :beckettd:.

Nothing against the group of authors but if the books are the only coninuation i dont want to read something that will tick me off, as the books will become canon to me.

I also read the last chapter of every book i pick up, to determine if ill buy it. im such a sappy bitch :facepalm:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
sgpoo never happened.....never happened......

I just pre-ordered it too.

I'm just hoping the SGU-atlantis episode won't ruin the book...or I guess I could just pretend the episdoe didn't happen...ha.
hypnotize.gif
.......Sgpoo never happened....it never happened......
hypnotize.gif

Im waiting to see what changes this series makes. Ive read Jo's commentary on the up coming series and have to say some stuff shes mentioned has put me off. Ive go a couple of friends who also like reading books as much as i do and will read this series for me and give me the :beckettu: or :beckettd:.

Nothing against the group of authors but if the books are the only coninuation i dont want to read something that will tick me off, as the books will become canon to me.

I also read the last chapter of every book i pick up, to determine if ill buy it. im such a sappy bitch :facepalm:

once you find out let me know!;) hell I go to Barnes and Noble or Borders bookstores, pick up a book, find a chair and get comfy...and read three or so chapters BEFORE I buy them :P :D .

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
SGU is NOT canon! Nope.

SGU_IS_NOT_CANON.gif

Stargate Universe is NOT Stargate canon! Thats not a stargate on Destiny, its a sex portal!

Mr. A

Super Moderator +

What do you look out for in them? :vala-newanime026:

Aragon101

Illusive Deity of Fanfic
I get the distinct feeling that Jo Graham is a closet Sam/John shipper :D

Whuahahahahaha!

stclare

What do you look out for in them? :vala-newanime026:

i read the synopsis, get the main character names and see how it ends!

Im sure Raco could probably decode my brain for me - second thought, no better not, she might have me committed :psycho:

stclare

I get the distinct feeling that Jo Graham is a closet Sam/John shipper :D

Whuahahahahaha!

See that right there :puke: sorry, i know you like that pairing but i dislike sg1 being on sga at all
as an sg1 member/s have appartently a large chunk of at least one book, im already skipping those chapters in my mind!

I have conversed with Jo several times with my concerns and why i have them. i woudnt do it behind there backs so to speak.

I just want to repeat what i said there. i think the books are great for sga and i would never expect the authors to change anything just cause of me or anyone else for that matter. Im sure there will thousands of fans who love these books im just not sure i will be one of them, but i fully suport them being made. I am just an ultra picky, over protective fangirl :P

Aragon101

Illusive Deity of Fanfic
See that right there :puke: sorry, i know you like that pairing but i dislike sg1 being on sga at all
as an sg1 member/s have appartently a large chunk of at least one book, im already skipping those chapters in my mind!

I have conversed with Jo several times with my concerns and why i have them. i woudnt do it behind there backs so to speak.

I just want to repeat what i said there. i think the books are great for sga and i would never expect the authors to change anything just cause of me or anyone else for that matter. Im sure there will thousands of fans who love these books im just not sure i will be one of them, but i fully suport them being made. I am just an ultra picky, over protective fangirl :P
Oh i totally understand.

Personally I would rather keep Sam/John in fanfic since for the pair to get together qould require IMO, way too many changes to remain somewhat 'mainstream' like SGA was. I think Jo is smart to only leave it as 'friendship' in that Sam knows how to hit John with a "clue by four" by her own words.

As far as the story/plot itself, i'm... undecided. I'll likely order it tomorrow once i get paid :p I don't mind SG1 in SGA as long as it makes sense, crossover doesn't feel 'wrong' to me since they ARE in the same universe and can have valid reasons for being there.

stclare

Oh i totally understand.

Personally I would rather keep Sam/John in fanfic since for the pair to get together qould require IMO, way too many changes to remain somewhat 'mainstream' like SGA was. I think Jo is smart to only leave it as 'friendship' in that Sam knows how to hit John with a "clue by four" by her own words.

As far as the story/plot itself, i'm... undecided. I'll likely order it tomorrow once i get paid :p I don't mind SG1 in SGA as long as it makes sense, crossover doesn't feel 'wrong' to me since they ARE in the same universe and can have valid reasons for being there.

Yes i get the why. i just didnt enjoy sg1 :tomato:i know someone shoud take my membership away.
I havent liked the crossovers as they always turn sga into idiots who go out of character (the lemon incident turned me off for months) and i want to read about sga not sg1 esp as there is no new movies/episodes to watch. there is so much to explore with sga's own characters lets do that some more first!

stclare

The Pegasus Project is one of my favorite SG episodes. Wonderful crossover!

NO TPP is one of the worst ep's ever - I think im going to have to ask for my Best Friend Forever bracelet back :argue:

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
NO TPP is one of the worst ep's ever - I think im going to have to ask for my Best Friend Forever bracelet back :argue:
Yikes! :eek:

And then who's going to rush to your support when Rac starts attacking Rodney again??? :rolleyes:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
You didnt like SG-1?

Yes i get the why. i just didnt enjoy sg1 :tomato:i know someone shoud take my membership away.
I havent liked the crossovers as they always turn sga into idiots who go out of character (the lemon incident fucked me off for months) and i want to read about sga not sg1 esp as there is no new movies/episodes to watch. there is so much to explore with sga's own characters lets do that some more first!

I started out in order, with the movie, then all of SG-1 and then Atlantis was a no-brainer for me. I loved them all, but to me, the ROOT of it all is the movie, and of all the Stargate shows, SG-1 carried most of what the movie was about well into the franchise until about season 6. SG-1 laid the groundwork and the entire premise for Atlantis so for me Atlantis was always a spin-off, not a point of origin. I liked the concept of having to have extra ZPM power to dial earth when it was going to be part of the story, but I did NOT like having the Midway station built. Where did they get all those stargates to build it? I dont remember. But there was too much earth travel later on with the Daedalus and the gate.

This story you guys are describing...does it take into account that Teyla (as a wraith queen) is technically the leader of ALL of the Wraith? Do they reprise her role? How does Todd figure into it? Like you, once I read a book which continues the story, for me it will be canon...so it has to be done right!

Aragon101

Illusive Deity of Fanfic
I started out in order, with the movie, then all of SG-1 and then Atlantis was a no-brainer for me. I loved them all, but to me, the ROOT of it all is the movie, and of all the Stargate shows, SG-1 carried most of what the movie was about well into the franchise until about season 6. SG-1 laid the groundwork and the entire premise for Atlantis so for me Atlantis was always a spin-off, not a point of origin. I liked the concept of having to have extra ZPM power to dial earth when it was going to be part of the story, but I did NOT like having the Midway station built. Where did they get all those stargates to build it? I dont remember. But there was too much earth travel later on with the Daedalus and the gate.

This story you guys are describing...does it take into account that Teyla (as a wraith queen) is technically the leader of ALL of the Wraith? Do they reprise her role? How does Todd figure into it? Like you, once I read a book which continues the story, for me it will be canon...so it has to be done right!
I'll tell you once i read it :P

Personally, fanfiction does it better. And free too! :D

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I wont read it unless I know in advance!

I'll tell you once i read it :P

Personally, fanfiction does it better. And free too! :D

I gotta know in advance! I wont read anything which writes in SGU or anything in SGU into canon. I wont read a wraith story about a "Queen Death" wraith, unless they also take Teyla as the wraith leader into account!