Starcraft II has been released!

Aragon101

Illusive Deity of Fanfic
Crysis is primarily a single player game, it's one of the most graphically intensive games out there, and the gameplay is phenomenal! New level of FPS if you ask me. Ironic that you say Delta Force as you actually ARE a Delta Force team member.

As an example of the crazy shit you can do in the game, i strapped a C4 explosive to a yellow barrel, then i picked up the barrel, switched my nanosuit to 'strength' mode, tossed the barrel from like 50 meters away into a village where it soared right into a building where three enemies were, click, no more enemies, no more building :P

The first time to play it, it's pretty mundane, but then you start messing around and getting creative and it suddenly just feels so much better. The AI is weak though for the human enemies :( i once used a sniper rifle to take down a medium sized palm tree, and the tree slowly started to fall. the KPA guy underneath didn't evne try to move as it came down and crushed him (one of the funniest things i've seen in the game but still :P)

The one thing though is it could have been so much more. You can download mods for it including one that's working on making an SG flavored 'sci'fi' story :P

Crysis IS a sci-fi game. That's all i'll say :P Crysis two is coming out soon and it's looking even more badass :D

And Twilight was a bargain because it sucked! :P Kane's Wrath adds a new dimension to Tiberium Wars by modifying each side into three factions each, with their own specific powers/tactics but the same core structures/units. Like to Tank Rush? Go with GDI's Steel Talons and instead of tanks,have Titan and Wolverine mechs! Love having tough tier three units? ZOCOM, the Zone Raiders make the troopers look like pansies :P Do you like the Scrin's massive air power? go with Traveler 59 and get better engines, and more support units!

Everyone can find a side suited to their tastes, and the new maps are pretty sweet :D should be a bargain too as it's been out for awhile and counts as an expansion pack despite having a decent slice of single player campaign and a "Risk" type challenge mode.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
YEAH, buddy! Now were talkin!

This is the change in performance after the new card went in.

Before (With New Drive), Forgot to plug in my Graphics Tablet for Pen Input.
View attachment 665
View attachment 663

After (With New Drive + Card)
View attachment 664

View attachment 662

When Installing the Drivers, the CPU Went into it "Turbo Mode", and It was Freaky to see All 8 Cores active, from the Normal 4 Cores.

Now, we have to coordinate which game to hook up on. Could be GREAT fun, playing against each other or as a clan against other groups. Too bad most SGU fans are not geeks but emo queens. Most of them wont be able to play any games unless they are on Facebook or on their iPhone. :icon_lol:

Leo(T.C.K.)

GateFans Noob
Well, I played only Dune 2, State of War, Age of Empires 2, and few others from strategy games, not much of strategy game fun beacsue they can get insanely hard, although dune2 is okayish for me even with all the bugs it had and the simplicity, but that's what I like perhaps.

I am primarily FPS player, like the old school titles especially Unreal and UT. (sorry I don't do the whole far cry/crysis modern stuff, I played far cry and thought it sucked and played crysis at friend, while I liked to mess around with the physic, that was all there was to it, the combat wasn't done well and was too tedious)

With the login forcing thing you reminded me UT3, you can play offline but to play online you need to have gamespy account always and log in there which is restrictive of course.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I can think of a few!

A list of games that they could play

snap
er, let me think now

no, I got nothing

Well, they are good at Bejeweled, Solitaire, Farmville, Mafia Wars. But when they want to get serious, they drop a quarter in that old PacMan drink table at the local bar. :P

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I just got this game...INCREDIBLE!

Ah yes, Red Alert 3, with the paratrooping warbears :icon_lol:

Personally i liked my wargames a little more serious, so Tiberium Wars and Kane's Wrath are my tastes :D but Red Alert 2 was badass and Kari Wurher is totally one of the hottest woman ever.

Will be getting SC2 net week i believe. I'm applying for work just about everywhere and with any luck i can get rid of this charity gig (door to door getting donations, eugh, even I hate myself for being so 'conscientious') :icon_lol:

Just checked out my own comp specs, (actually dismantled for practice since i'm taking my A+ soon) and i've got....

Core 2 Duo 3.0ghz
6 gigs of DDR-3
ATi-4870X2 (it's dreamy :D)
and a 750w PS.

Here's a video of my playing Crysis at maximum i took for a friend. I'm amazed i was able to get that half decent framerate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGtnBwYAqnQ

Thank you bro! I really needed a new game like this. It makes Delta Force games look downright PRIMITIVE. This game is three years old? It is so graphically intense, so smooth...WOW. Are you really good at the game? I need to practice, and I already hate the excruciatingly long cutscenes in the campaigns. Is there a way to skip past them? I dont need all the backstory and the footage of the bomber. I chose to not even wait and went right into "CREATE GAME" to see how the gameplay was. I was blown away by it. AWESOME!

Leo(T.C.K.)

GateFans Noob
Warning, from what I have seen Crysis gets really bad and ripoff like during the end, you get aliens and stuff, but the levels look like the Drakk stuff from Unreal2, with the enemies shown in their trueselves look like another Unreal 2 enemy, which got cut from the game though, or maybe Metroid prime too. But crytek games were never really original, see the cliched storyline at far cry, I even made a hilarious parody about it. I have heard the expansion pack Warhead was better than the original game though, but haven't played it.

Aragon101

Illusive Deity of Fanfic
Warning, from what I have seen Crysis gets really bad and ripoff like during the end, you get aliens and stuff, but the levels look like the Drakk stuff from Unreal2, with the enemies shown in their trueselves look like another Unreal 2 enemy, which got cut from the game though, or maybe Metroid prime too. But crytek games were never really original, see the cliched storyline at far cry, I even made a hilarious parody about it. I have heard the expansion pack Warhead was better than the original game though, but haven't played it.
Warhead was indeed better, and i never said teh story from Crysis wasn't cliche :P

but the physics engine and the fun you can have, as well as the mods. It's worth it if you can run it because it's just damned fun. Grab a KPA soldier, and throw him through a ceiling using strength mode. Have a bunch of enemies in a building you wanna take care of? Attach some C4 to a barrel, toss it in, BOOM.

A helicopter giving you trouble and all you have is a sniper rifle and an assault rifle? No problem, just hope you're a good shot because you can detonate his rocket pods by hitting them, or even target the tailroter with sniper and spin him out of control! Hard as hell, but very fun :D

The Aliens are tough too, play on Delta and try and get through the freezing cold areas of teh map where the Aliens attack in packs in one try :P

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Im getting pissed at Starcraft II!

Im starting to get pissed. I wanted to play the game offline, and now the freakin game needs to AUTHORIZE offline gaming? That makes no sense. If you are offline, you cant authorize. :mad:. So, thank goodness I still had my trusty Beta version which is pretty much EXACTLY like the single player games in the full game. So, I missed nothing at all and got my Starcraft fix. :)

But after paying $60.00 for a PC game, I didnt expect so much intrusion by Blizzard. You cant play LAN games anymore, you have to play using Battle.net and that means without internet you cant have a LAN party. From what I understand, that is something being BLOCKED, and not a limitation of the software.

CHEESY.