GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I'll bite my tongue for the moment. :apathy:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Actually Vader made that statement much earlier in Return of the Jedi but then later changed it once he learned from Luke's feelings that he had a sister. He said "if you will not turn to the Dark Side then perhaps she will", which sparked Luke's attack on him and started the whole final confrontation with the Emperor.

And yes the rumor is stated even on the rumor sites to be on very flimsy ground. A much more likely explanation is that the figure with the robot hand who put his hand on D2D2 in the first preview was Luke, that Kylo Ren is not Luke but rather exactly who he is listed as in all the casting announcements (Adam Driver), that Ren is the one who talks to the burnt Vader helmet (which would not have been hard to acquire) and that the absence of Luke in other previews is tied to a storyline where Luke has secluded himself in fear of his powers as alluded to from some sources. That or they did this just to mess with the rumor mongers - which is not unheard of behavior.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Time for a lightsaber duel to settle it all....:tealcanime23:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Time for a lightsaber duel to settle it all....:tealcanime23:

I think we hijacked Yong's Ep 8 thread! I will move the other stuff when I get a chance.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
All the stuff about Ep 7 has been moved. I am not sure why Yong made this thread so soon! We have not even gotten episode 7 yet, and there is an Ep 8 thread!

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
All the stuff about Ep 7 has been moved. I am not sure why Yong made this thread so soon! We have not even gotten episode 7 yet, and there is an Ep 8 thread!

i already made ones for all of the as-yet announced "anthology films" as well; i can make one for ep 9!!

I am sure someone out there has made some fan theory site for it. got to be some snippet of info to get a thread started!! :beckett_new049:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Seems we may still see Hayden-boiiiii! in ep 8 or 9 (and in other ways in anthology films). no one knows yet and of course the lips are tightly sealed until JJ et al, release them for his ever so strategic rumor/PR mill

it is rumored that instead of a burnt helmet we were perhaps to see Christensen playing a force ghost of an un burnt Vader talking with Ren

there is some concept art on it out there as well but most of it has been removed since last week

look at this site-the link to the pics of both the Hayden concept art and an image of some other character has been taken down. The JJ mystery machine is in full effect

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Here-What-Darth-Vader-Probably-Look-Like-Star-Wars-7-67721.html

either way, Ren's lines indicate that he HAS "conversed" with Vader in some way the "show me again" line indicates this.

anyhow:

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/12/hayden-christensen-star-wars-the-force-awakens-anakin

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Seems we may still see Hayden-boiiiii! in ep 8 or 9 (and in other ways in anthology films). no one knows yet and of course the lips are tightly sealed until JJ et al, release them for his ever so strategic rumor/PR mill

it is rumored that instead of a burnt helmet we were perhaps to see Christensen playing a force ghost of an un burnt Vader talking with Ren

there is some concept art on it out there as well but most of it has been removed since last week

look at this site-the link to the pics of both the Hayden concept art and an image of some other character has been taken down. The JJ mystery machine is in full effect

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Here-What-Darth-Vader-Probably-Look-Like-Star-Wars-7-67721.html

either way, Ren's lines indicate that he HAS "conversed" with Vader in some way the "show me again" line indicates this.

anyhow:

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/12/hayden-christensen-star-wars-the-force-awakens-anakin

Why would they use Christensen when Obi-Wan and Yoda's force ghosts were aged like they were? That move would raise some eyebrows of SW fans, no?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Yes it would. And given the poor track record of the rumor sites with regards to VII I find it hard to take anything they say about VIII seriously.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Yes it would. And given the poor track record of the rumor sites with regards to VII I find it hard to take anything they say about VIII seriously.

But I can easily see JJ using Christensen like he used Nimoy in NuTrek and like he basically recreated a Darth Vader-esque, Yoda-esque and R2D2-esque character to be able to do a loosely rewritten Episode IV to create Episode VII. Episode VIII will have to take a much different direction. I refuse to believe that there is enough of an "Empire" to build something like another Starkiller weapon or even a Death Star. I still do not understand why the Republic citizens are still considered to be the "rebels". Those still aligned with the old Empire are the rebels, no?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Why would they use Christensen when Obi-Wan and Yoda's force ghosts were aged like they were? That move would raise some eyebrows of SW fans, no?

this is the core of why you do not and will not "get" the story :love_heart::love_heart::love_heart:

your a STEM person--that's great! STEM ppl are much in demand and very much needed in todays world

as a "stem" guy-your brain likes things hard and fast, adherence to routine and scientifically proven or strongly possible is probably a "must"

another reason why you like to perform music as well-you find comfort in the order of the chords and notes

if we were in school together I am guessing that you would excel in the science and math courses where I would just squeak through and do well in the social sciences--where things can be more fluid and not set in stone

anyhow--
star wars is not a "stem" kind of story--as we have said-it is deep fantasy. logic doesn't apply--If SW's were to go strictly sci fi, I believe many fans would then be pissed. I'd be ok with it. Wouldn't see why they would want to mess with things mid stream, but whatev's

the force ghosts we saw in Lucas' amended ep 6 (with that old dude playing the Anakin ghost replaced by Christensen) were the images of those when they died-or, in the case of Skywalker, as they looked when their good side died. Anakin is played by Christensen as he looked before he turned/was corrupted.
------------------------------

additionally, if he is to appear in the "anthology" films, then it would be as a younger Darth Vader. Not the old man of eps 4-6.We saw in those eps at least one shot of him in his "chamber". We saw how his face looked. As a younger man and though burned and requiring the benefits/protections of either the mask or his chamber, he probably could manage longer periods of time without either. I'm guessing it is in this way he will be used if not just as a force ghost

it would be a type of novelty of sorts, a new way of seeing Vader without the mask-the burned and scared face of Christensen. A new take on Vader = :greedy_dollars: :moneybag: :greedy_dollars:
--------------------------------------------
and for practicality sake-I am sure that that old guy actor is long dead by now

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
AFTERMATH and AFTERMATH-LIFE DEBT just may real,well, imply, who Snoke is

The Observer is a character named Gallius Rax-a senior admiral and friend (such as he had them) to Emperor Palpatine- in the books who is acting as a double agent

giving Imperial movement info to the New Republic, and then setting up puppets in the new Imperial Order

like making Admiral Rae Sloane the Grand Admiral of the Imperial remnant

also, planting the ideas in Sloane's advisors/ dark council members that the Imp remnant should consolidate and withdraw to just outside of the galaxies edge

there, to occupy bases and stations that Palpatine had built over the years

it is from here that we know now the First Order emerged from

all of this to set himself up as Supreme Leader Snoke of the FO

the theory now is that he is Snoke and the info given on him and his actions in both books also strongly support this

more to wait and see on

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/1...ll-us-about-supreme-leader-snokes-origins.htm

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
AFTERMATH and AFTERMATH-LIFE DEBT just may real,well, imply, who Snoke is

The Observer is a character named Gallius Rax-a senior admiral and friend (such as he had them) to Emperor Palpatine- in the books who is acting as a double agent

giving Imperial movement info to the New Republic, and then setting up puppets in the new Imperial Order

like making Admiral Rae Sloane the Grand Admiral of the Imperial remnant

also, planting the ideas in Sloane's advisors/ dark council members that the Imp remnant should consolidate and withdraw to just outside of the galaxies edge

there, to occupy bases and stations that Palpatine had built over the years

it is from here that we know now the First Order emerged from

all of this to set himself up as Supreme Leader Snoke of the FO

the theory now is that he is Snoke and the info given on him and his actions in both books also strongly support this

more to wait and see on

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/1...ll-us-about-supreme-leader-snokes-origins.htm

Really? :) Looks to me like they had to "unwin" everything in the OT, and roll everything back in order to continue the Star Wars saga as a reboot (and that is exactly what JJ Abrams has delivered). Starting over with Episode IV...er, Episode VII, they have revamped Darth, Luke, R2D2 and Yoda. They have also revamped the Empire and the Rebels and they are just telling the same story as the OT told, only with different characters and locales. They are trying to shoehorn new stuff within the old story to make it work. :) It's amusing...especially when viewers miss it.