Star Wars Live-Action TV Series Plot Details Revealed, On Hold for Another 3-4 Years

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Basically, it is like ‘The Godfather’; it’s the Empire slowly building up its power base around the galaxy, what happens in Coruscant, which is the major capital, and it’s [about] a group of underground bosses who live there and control drugs, prostitution.
Bleeding Cool likens McCallum’s description to /Filmcast favorite The Wire, which seems apt except that I don’t believe for a second that Lucas will demonstrate the same nuance and devotion to character that made the HBO series so beloved.
So to recap: In about three to five years, we can expect to see a Czech-shot live-action Star Wars television series that plays like an unsubtle, sci-fi version of The Wire — but only if Keeping Up with the Kardashians hasn’t ruined American television by then.

Erm...Do we really want a live-action star wars series?

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-tv-series/

G

Graybrew1

The poster is actually a computer program designed to post spam on forums. The vague unintelligible english and advertising in its sig are usual telltale signs of a bot.

So, Should we just ignore it, or report it to OM1?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
The poster is actually a computer program designed to post spam on forums. The vague unintelligible english and advertising in its sig are usual telltale signs of a bot.

Oh buddy - we have a spambot ?

Has anyone alerted the mods yet?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I already flagged the post.

Its squashed. The AI used to register such accounts is getting better and better. It can now "read" security questions which are plain text. Similar to predictive searching on cellphones and in Google search. I will have to change it to something more clever. :) Here is another one! KILL IT
bug_animated.gif
:P

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Great minds..................................:cool:

Whew!

Sorry I missed the showing. First I did not have the film (Hidden) then life intervened.

Continuum is the better of the two SG movies they made after Sg-1 ended. It would have been better had RDA been in the whole film but still not bad.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Its squashed. The AI used to register such accounts is getting better and better. It can now "read" security questions which are plain text. Similar to predictive searching on cellphones and in Google search. I will have to change it to something more clever. :) Here is another one! KILL IT
View attachment 4730
:P

Can CAPTCHA be enabled on this forum for registration? That's usually like RAID to Spambots - kills them dead...on contact.

G

Graybrew1

Whew!

Sorry I missed the showing. First I did not have the film (Hidden) then life intervened.

Continuum is the better of the two SG movies they made after Sg-1 ended. It would have been better had RDA been in the whole film but still not bad.

We have many more coming up. ;)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Basically, it is like ‘The Godfather’; it’s the Empire slowly building up its power base around the galaxy, what happens in Coruscant, which is the major capital, and it’s [about] a group of underground bosses who live there and control drugs, prostitution.
Bleeding Cool likens McCallum’s description to /Filmcast favorite The Wire, which seems apt except that I don’t believe for a second that Lucas will demonstrate the same nuance and devotion to character that made the HBO series so beloved.
So to recap: In about three to five years, we can expect to see a Czech-shot live-action Star Wars television series that plays like an unsubtle, sci-fi version of The Wire — but only if Keeping Up with the Kardashians hasn’t ruined American television by then.

Erm...Do we really want a live-action star wars series?

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-tv-series/

Any possibility they can erase the horrific prequel films and give the Empire an origin more in line with the original films?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
So, since we are all here right now, does anyone want to do an impromptu rewatch of something? Greybrew, is there anything scheduled tonight like NOW? :) I think there needs to be some new icons in each rewatch announcement which tells where the movies are (Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, DVD). They can be inserted as smileys using a code, or using the smiley dropdown. Perhaps I should work on that, as well as a chat? Mr. A suggested it earlier, and it could be applied to only one forum, and only for those rewatching. After its over, the chat can be posted. It would allow for more comments at a quicker pace. You could even watch and chat with a phone whilst watching. :)