Star wars animated series

Spacejunkminer

GateFans Noob
Great! Great! Great! I am watching the first season right now and am very happy that I spent the twenty bucks at amazon for the 22 seasons. The animated aspect isn't great but this is more star wars. I hope Lucas decides to continue on after the Return of the Jedi using this technology. Once he has this type of tech perfected maybe we could get more luke skywalker movies.

The lightsaber fights are impressive (good action)
The space battles are better than I expected
The stories aren't original but they are enjoyable
There is an inspirational lesson behind each episode that is morally based
There is also death, betrayal and the struggle to overcome evil.

Would I spend the money on season 2? In a heartbeat.

Unfortunately there are a few moments that are aimed at younger people and Jar Jar is back but besides that the series is well worth the money.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Clone wars is a great series. As to continuing on after RotJ, Don't know. AFAIK, Lucas has never said exactly what comes after Jedi. I did here some rumblings a while ago that he may have been considering making the Timothy Zhan books "canon". But again, that was only rumblings.

Red Mage

Boney
There's actually two animated series based on the Clone Wars. There was a 2-D animation mini series made back in 2003 by Genndy Tartakovsky who's known for Dexter's Lab and the excellent Samurai Jack which won 4 Emmy's. I really liked the series. I definately enjoyed it more than any of episode 1-3 films. The episodes were all very compact and to the point. While the story wasn't particularly well fleshed out but the fighting scenes were incredible. General Grievous was insanely badass in this cartoon to the point I was severely disapointed by the way he ended up being portrayed in Revenge of the Sith.

Then there is the 3-D Clone Wars series. Honestly, I haven't watched much of it. I hear its actually decent but I wasn't terribly thrilled with the feature film or the handful of episodes I got around to watching.

Spacejunkminer

GateFans Noob
I need some advice. I haven't kept up with the series. The second season isn't out on dvd but it has aired on television. Has anyone seen the second season? How is it.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I need some advice. I haven't kept up with the series. The second season isn't out on dvd but it has aired on television. Has anyone seen the second season? How is it.

If you liked S1, you will like S2 :D

Red Mage

Boney
I found it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NS9NtNdqN4&feature=related

One of my favorite episodes of the Star Wars Clone Wars micro series.
Nearly no dialogue but 5 minutes of Mace Windu simply kicking ass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLpnAuF4yUY&feature=related

Grievous before he got completely nerfed by Revenge of the Sith. Takes on 5 Jedi and wins easily although he actually only kills one. That cool looking green dude who looks like he died actually survives according to the expanded universe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVRSPpRQyCM&feature=related

I really liked some of the character designs. Although the art style is a bit odd, some of the characters are imaginative, that ET looking jedi is simply awesome.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Then there is the 3-D Clone Wars series. Honestly, I haven't watched much of it. I hear its actually decent but I wasn't terribly thrilled with the feature film or the handful of episodes I got around to watching.

The 3-D Clone Wars can be really good at times. It's weird, some episodes suck donkey balls (like the first couple in the last season) and others are really riveting (like the last couple in the last season). I do wish they would make more of them per season I admit, or at least eliminate the dumb ones like where Amidala uncovers a devious budgetary plot in the Senate. :jonasanime02:

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
I have to say that despite being a 'kids' show, I've found this quite entertaining on occasion. It's not amazing by any means but its fun, enjoyable and set in a cool universe. Some of the episodes are genuinely really good TV as well; but as shavedape said above, others can drag it down. Still due to the brisk pace of a 30 min episode, it's rare that the show becomes a drag and because it's all CGI it goes places others shows simply can't; in that regard it's pretty unique.

To sum up: a thumbs up:beckettu:.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Clone wars is a great series. As to continuing on after RotJ, Don't know. AFAIK, Lucas has never said exactly what comes after Jedi. I did here some rumblings a while ago that he may have been considering making the Timothy Zhan books "canon". But again, that was only rumblings.

I read a few books way back when I was a kid. Is that the series where Luke goes to the dark side in order to learn how to defeat it?

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I read a few books way back when I was a kid. Is that the series where Luke goes to the dark side in order to learn how to defeat it?

Nah, IIRC, that story arc was originally a "graphic novel" series, Timothy Zahn has the series with Grand Admiral Thrawn (A tactical genius and the only non human Grand Admiral) comes back from the edges of the empire after the fall of the empire and takes overthe imperial remnant.. It's probably THE best series of books I've read set in the SW extended universe. They are really quite good.