Star Trek: The Second May Move To December 2012

heisenberg

Earl Grey
June 29, 2012. For the last year and a half that has been the established release date for the sequel to J.J. Abrams' Star Trek. But with writers Roberto Orci, Alex Kurtzman and Damon Lindelof focusing on a multitude of different projects and J.J. Abrams occupying himself with this summer's Super 8, the production has taken a long time to get going. As of yesterday it was reported that the project is ready to be prepped with a 70+ page outline, but "ready to be prepped" isn't the stage you want to be at with a massive science fiction film and only 13 months left until the established release date. At some point something has to give, and that point may be coming up very soon.
I wouldn't mind waiting a while longer for a star trek film, make it as awesome as the first one along with patching the mistakes made in the first one :).
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Star-Trek-The-Second-May-Move-To-December-2012-24872.html

ChromeToasterX

GateFans Noob
Wow, this is the exact opposite of what happened with the first Abrams film, which was pushed back from December to May. But that delay helped improve the quality of the film, so I have no problems with it.

Tropicana

Council Member
I don't mind waiting either. There are plenty of other entertainment out there to keep us occupied, it's good to space out Star Trek films, last thing we need is another Star Trek overload.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I wopuldn't expect them to change things much if at all. The reboot is here to stay. At most we might get a redo of Engineering and possibly no lens flares.