Star Trek Lower Decks

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan

A bit too violent for me especially the intro. I will pass thanks.

Zombies - Right.... That's Sci-Fi..... :smiley-white-flag::beckett_new050::anim_03::GFbitchplease:

They don't allow the dialogue to breathe it's like they want to overwhelm the audience with fast pace pseudo comedic overtones.

Last edited:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
More trash from Kurtzman. This is just awful.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
OMG this show blows so bad! I have been ranting about it on Twitter and the responses have made those tweets the most popular I have. This show marks the absolute rock bottom of anything ever named Star Trek. I am including fanfiction here, because even the fan made stuff is optimistic and tries to be Star Trek. They only lack money and proper equipment and production skills. Even Seth McFarlane made Star Trek fan fiction film!

LowerDecks.png

Shadow Mann

Staff member
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apikeN94DPc

Will Wheaton, Lt Paris and ensign Sito Jaxa.
Okay, I just read my comments from early impressions of the show in Season 1 and I have done a 180 on it. I actually like the show. I can have fun watching it, and I can even rewatch episodes! What changed? This show is a parody. It's not meant to be what ST The Animated Series was which was serious but animated version of Trek. This was meant to be a parody, and I misinterpreted it's mission. I find that because it's such a clear parody, it isn't a threat to canon or any other shows. I know there was a crossover episode on Discovery, but that show is godawful and is canceled. There will just be the last season.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Okay, I just read my comments from early impressions of the show in Season 1 and I have done a 180 on it. I actually like the show. I can have fun watching it, and I can even rewatch episodes! What changed? This show is a parody. It's not meant to be what ST The Animated Series was which was serious but animated version of Trek. This was meant to be a parody, and I misinterpreted it's mission. I find that because it's such a clear parody, it isn't a threat to canon or any other shows. I know there was a crossover episode on Discovery, but that show is godawful and is canceled. There will just be the last season.
The cross-over was on Strange New Worlds.

Shadow Mann

Staff member
The cross-over was on Strange New Worlds.
Ah, okay. I have not seen it! Not really a fan of Strange New Worlds because I am a stubborn and dedicated original Star Trek fan! (1966-2005). I have watched a couple of episodes. I have watched all of the Lower Decks episodes, and rewatched a few.

spock GIF

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Ah, okay. I have not seen it! Not really a fan of Strange New Worlds because I am a stubborn and dedicated original Star Trek fan! (1966-2005). I have watched a couple of episodes. I have watched all of the Lower Decks episodes, and rewatched a few.

spock GIF
I haven't seen any Lower Decks. Was there any mention of the cross-over on that show?

Shadow Mann

Staff member
I haven't seen any Lower Decks. Was there any mention of the cross-over on that show?
No, just the crossover to Strange New Worlds (which I have not seen). It's a very different sort of show because it's a parody. The writers seem to know MUCH more about Star Trek than any of the writers of Discovery, Picard or Strange New Worlds. Like, they know the real deal so well they can parody it. They know even the most obscure canon references, and they parody them. I enjoy it a lot.

Last edited:

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Well, maybe I should give this cartoon show a try then. Even though I'm not as well-versed as a TOS superfan.