Star Trek Horizon - Not bad...

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Star Trek: Horizon

http://www.startrekhorizon.com/

Official Trailer:

About Star Trek Horizon
Star Trek: Horizon is a feature-length film, made by fans in love with Star Trek, that is set during the time of Enterprise (the fifth Star Trek series). It is our goal to create a feature film that is worthy of the name Star Trek and that can close out the story threads that were left hanging after Enterprise’s untimely cancellation in 2005.

However, if you have not seen any previous Star Trek films or TV series, this close tie to Enterprise is not cause to worry. While this film will close out story threads that began in Enterprise, it will also certainly tell an original story and be able to stand alone as a science fiction feature film.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Bumping this...

This production is on the level of Axanar visually (perhaps better?), but it's set in the same Trek era as Enterprise, using the Enterprise NX-04 Discovery (NX-02 is Columbia, and I do not know of the NX-03)

Second teaser trailer:

This production feels more like traditional TV Trek than Axanar, because they are actually shown on the ships and space battles and interior scenes are superior to what I have seen in Axanar.

With Star Trek's 50th Anniversary coming up, I am extremely disappointed in the Paramount films and I will not mark that anniversary by going to see Star Trek Beyond Bad. I will marathon all the Trek series (including the cartoon which was decent), and watch all the real Star Trek films.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
They're decent trailers. The acting is a touch flat and the lens flares put JJ to shame. But the effects seem okay.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
They're decent trailers. The acting is a touch flat and the lens flares put JJ to shame. But the effects seem okay.

They are better than 2009 and Into Darkness in terms of Star Trek, and the dialogue and the way the scenes are constructed are Star Trek.