Star Trek Discovery SUCKS.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
so completely ridiculous. boht in relaity and in what he was trying to do

in what ST "World" would the "N" word,<<<<< or any script dialogue where, in real time,a writer would use the N word in discussing the script>>>be necessary in a script? oh yeah, in the STD puke fest world

-oh, and fyi, btw, i saw elsewhere where ppl who actually like this show and are somehow offended by the STD moniker, will call it either st:disco or disco. :)

don't they realize how actual disco nearly killed the pop music world just kike st:disco is nearly killing the ST franchise? :)

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/black-author-walter-mosley-quits-013318834.html

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
so completely ridiculous. boht in relaity and in what he was trying to do

in what ST "World" would the "N" word,<<<<< or any script dialogue where, in real time,a writer would use the N word in discussing the script>>>be necessary in a script? oh yeah, in the STD puke fest world

-oh, and fyi, btw, i saw elsewhere where ppl who actually like this show and are somehow offended by the STD moniker, will call it either st:disco or disco. :)

don't they realize how actual disco nearly killed the pop music world just kike st:disco is nearly killing the ST franchise? :)

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/black-author-walter-mosley-quits-013318834.html

He wasn't going to use it in a script, he was in the writer's room and was telling a story and used the word in his story. Somebody in the room, a white female, was offended by the word and reported it to HR who addressed it in a way that pissed Mosley off, and he quit.

Regarding the ones who like the show, you can ALWAYS tell because they will call it Disco or abbreviate it as DSC. :). That is why I unsubbed from Egotastic Fun Time on YouTube because he is just a wimpy slug for caving in.

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
he was in the writer's room and was telling a story and used the work in his story

a story for the show?

if so, i repeat,what place does the N word have in Star Trek

hey, hold on! are YOU defending the ST-D peeps? :) :)

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
and, btw -I call this censorship here!!!

when i do this, in standard ST abbreviation style ST:D , IT MAKES IT INTO A SMILEY!

a conspiracy afoot to undermine our dislike of "Disco"

:vala-new011:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
a story for the show?

if so, i repeat,what place does the N word have in Star Trek

hey, hold on! our YOU defending the ST-D peeps? :) :)

So, a story in the writer's room, just like I said. NOT in the series. This is confirmed. Also, Mosley was NOT fired, he quit.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
and, btw -I call this censorship here!!!

when i do this, in standard ST abbreviation style ST:D , IT MAKES IT INTO A SMILEY!

a conspiracy afoot to undermine our dislike of "Disco"

:vala-new011:

Don't put in the colon and it will come out as STD. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I do have one question, how many here actually watched the entire second season?

I tried to...I have seen all the episodes in an abbreviated way (because of fast forwarding). I have them all, but could not watch them all the way through. Did you?

Quetesh

Well Known GateFan
Yes, I did, and shockingly the second half of the second season turned some major corners. They did so by .....

..spending the first half and then some of the second season by undoing everything in the horrid first season. In the end they made it like it never existed (almost). You could feel the change in tone and writers in a major way. It was still painful to push through the first half of the second season, but once you are past the halfway point of the second season, each episode is a tiny bit better. This is true until, like I said, in the end, the show is a whole different show.Had it started this way much of the bile in our guts would not have existed. So much so, surprising to say, I now find it more similar to DS9 than SGU.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Yes, I did, and shockingly the second half of the second season turned some major corners. They did so by .....

..spending the first half and then some of the second season by undoing everything in the horrid first season. In the end they made it like it never existed (almost). You could feel the change in tone and writers in a major way. It was still painful to push through the first half of the second season, but once you are past the halfway point of the second season, each episode is a tiny bit better. This is true until, like I said, in the end, the show is a whole different show.Had it started this way much of the bile in our guts would not have existed. So much so, surprising to say, I now find it more similar to DS9 than SGU.

Interesting. However I would chalk it up to fan backlash against the first season. I may give it a go, but I am not a fan of "Control" because of where this show is supposed to be in the timeline. Discovery's existence being classified and Spock knows but didn't tell Kirk or anyone in the future? They can't just insert things into canon like that, and it was lazy. But I will check it out based on your recommendation. I spent like 5 minutes on each of the Season 2 episodes fast forwarding through them.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This is part of why Star Trek Discovery is never going to be Star Trek. This is from the Short Trek they pinched off recently:

upload_2019-10-7_14-15-55.png

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
The Short Trek with Spock was an abomination.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
what is with the 'fashion show' thing at the beginning of the trailer? does she have nothing better to do than play with her hair styles in this ? and make up , i saw like 3 styles dumb

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Well it’s not like she knows how to act so she may as well play with her hair.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

oh and btw, i believe the ship is the WARRIOR? something about englands early experimenting with wooden hulled, armored ships, steam and sail powered. kind of an early stage in the development of the dreadnoughts

i think this ship or one like it, also served as a temporary fueling pier in ww1 and 2 before being restored much later

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Funny, black women pay hairdressers to install those fake braids and weave, and it takes hours. So how did she do it herself in that ship/shuttle she is in? Seems to me like Martin-Green hired her hairdresser into the Makeup Crew and she wanted to use that to show off her work. :). They are more than 900 years into the future and still relevant? I don't get that. Why am I getting an Andromeda vibe from it?

Elsewhere, somewhere in Africa....

:)

Last edited: