ST- PACIFIC 201

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Most fan made trek, or anything really, isn't that good. Usually it is too eager, the actors over act or can't act, but this one was pretty "ok". set after the Romulan War, but before ST-D

The PACIFIC's design is little strange though

The year is 2200. Follow the starship Pacific on a mission outside Federation space. Here, a mysterious anomaly catches the crew off-guard and sparks a deadly controversy. Five years in the making, "Pacific 201: A Star Trek Fan Production, Part 1" is finally complete! Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made film intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.

Last edited:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Interesting...!

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
The model work is good. The acting is uneven. It seems to be set shortly after the end of Enterprise?

Definitely good enough to want to see where it goes.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
The model work is good. The acting is uneven. It seems to be set shortly after the end of Enterprise?

Definitely good enough to want to see where it goes.
it stated the year was 2200 in the "about"

so about 50 yrs after ENTERPRISE/ romulan war in 2150's right?

here is a sep video about the PACIFIC itself.. next episode in december

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Most fan made trek, or anything really, isn't that good. Usually it is too eager, the actors over act or can't act, but this one was pretty "ok". set between after the Romulan War, but before ST-D

The PACIFIC's design is little strange though

The year is 2200. Follow the starship Pacific on a mission outside Federation space. Here, a mysterious anomaly catches the crew off-guard and sparks a deadly controversy. Five years in the making, "Pacific 201: A Star Trek Fan Production, Part 1" is finally complete! Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made film intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.

BRAVO! I loved it!

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
BRAVO! I loved it!

the ship having a "mast" with a 'radar' dish.. that doesn't seem a Trek thing... is this some requirement of the deal with the rights owners (i will call them that, cant keep up if its cbs or paramount or some other entity that owns ST :) ) and fan fiction makers?

that is, ships can be very similar but must have some major diff with actual 'trek' ships?

otherwise, i guess a reason for it could be as a long range sensor and comms array? i think they said the ships mission was deep space exploration?the ENTERPRISE's journeys in ENT kind of showed how commo buoys didn't work so well

new ep is supposed to be out this month

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
is there any way to "link" this thread to a yt subscription? meaning, when this channel does release new eps' it will automatically post here as a sub notice?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
is there any way to "link" this thread to a yt subscription? meaning, when this channel does release new eps' it will automatically post here as a sub notice?
Yes, if I upgrade it to the most current Xenforo like at FndomForums. BTW, I am thinking a lot about doing that, but it would significantly change appearance and function. It makes more sense to do that though IMO. What do you think?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Yes, if I upgrade it to the most current Xenforo like at FndomForums. BTW, I am thinking a lot about doing that, but it would significantly change appearance and function. It makes more sense to do that though IMO. What do you think?

TO UPGRADE gf'S? YES

The new site was a good idea but the membership is already here. albeit not very active.

if you did upgrade here, maybe you could do a "relaunch" promo to all the members

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Agreed. Upgrade here and notify the existing membership.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Not sure. Work has had me occupied and limited my time to keep up on things.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Not sure. Work has had me occupied and limited my time to keep up on things.
no. i meant ep 2 IS up on YT now :)

it would seem as if it is the last episode-would they even be allowed to make more?