Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Spoilers for new Star Wars movies:

They are still being made. :smiley-laughing021:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
The more I hear the worse Star Wars IX sounds.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

i thought we had a ep 9 thread..

anyway

this video, once you get past all of the filler, is all over the place. the only thing i find at all interesting about it is that the fleet of star destroyers shown at about 1:25 ARE NOT first order ships

they are imperial destroyers that we see from REBELS to ROTJ timeframe

so they are Imperial Navy, or someone who got their hands on a lot of left over Imperial ships
either one is possible

THIS DOES NOT MEAN I EVEN WANT TO SEE THIS MOVIE, LETS BE CLEAR!!!

Palpatine had sent expeditions into the 'unknown regions' before battle of Yavin, to explore and establish a imperial presence there. This could be them, of course manned by a 'generational' type of crew,showing up to re-establish the empire after the new republic,resistance and first order have worn themselves down.

it could also be someone who has acquired these ships. either salvage or otherwise. these could be those people that we saw Leia saying were in the outer rim and might be able to help the resistance

if so, my money would be they are manned by Mandalorians if that scenario were correct

and then that whole whatever the F it is, with Rey and the double bladed LS. whatever!! if this is anything other then a vision/dream sequence then they have literally gone all over the place with this character

yeah..i'll catch this movie when it streams next year

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This video POSSIBLY contains major spoilers for Episode IX if you are a Disney Star Wars fan. But to me as an individual, this does not bother me because I just don't care about Episode IX, so spoilers don't matter. In fact, I WANT to know beforehand what is in the movie before I waste my time. :) Here it is, from Doomcock.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I just don't care about Episode IX
me either

or ep 7 or 8

said it before for each episode that came out. just because i 'get' what story tptbs are trying to tell, as it relates to their use of canon or in drawing stuff out of legends into canon, does not mean i like it

this whole trilogy was unnecessary

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
me either

or ep 7 or 8

said it before for each episode that came out. just because i 'get' what story tptbs are trying to tell, as it relates to their use of canon or in drawing stuff out of legends into canon, does not mean i like it

this whole trilogy was unnecessary

I may start reading some of the EU books I never read because I really do like Star Wars, but not any movies in the sequel trilogy. I still did like Rogue One though. To me, it is the only new Star Wars movie that is worthy of the name Star Wars.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Lucasfilm asks George Lucas for advice on The Rise of Skywalker? BAHAHAHAHAHA!

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I may start reading some of the EU books I never read because I really do like Star Wars, but not any movies in the sequel trilogy. I still did like Rogue One though. To me, it is the only new Star Wars movie that is worthy of the name Star Wars.

dont bother with any Eu books

there are only a few canon books that occur in between films, and of course the film novelizations. also ones on individual characters

the only three that really have any in between the films 'how did that happen' info are AFTERMATH, THRAWN and ROGUE ONE CATALYST

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/blog...e-to-the-new-canon-of-star-wars-books-comics/

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

This is probably the best video I have seen regarding Rey in the sequel trilogy. It also reveals the horrible writing of the people who have created the two films (yes, including Abrams). I am still not giving The Force Awakens a pass. It sucked to me, and felt derivative and lazy. The best thing about this sequel trilogy to me is that it somehow elevated my appreciation for the prequel trilogy Episodes I, II and III.

It's too late to save Star Wars IMO. But I also know that Disney will not allow it to die or fall into the void. I am not sure how they can fix it, but they will find a way. I hope.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
It's too late to save Star Wars IMO

yes, it is too late to save the Skywalker saga of the Star Wars story

should have ended a long time ago, I HAVE SAID THIS BEFORE

lets move on to the new shows and movies already

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
yes, it is too late to save the Skywalker saga of the Star Wars story

should have ended a long time ago, I HAVE SAID THIS BEFORE

lets move on to the new shows and movies already

imagine if every Trek show and movie insisted on having a Kirk in it? this is what they have done by insisting on having the Skywalkers in nearly every movie. Skywalkers even polluted REBELS with the inclusion of Leia

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
imagine if every Trek show and movie insisted on having a Kirk in it? this is what they have done by insisting on having the Skywalkers in nearly every movie. Skywalkers even polluted REBELS with the inclusion of Leia

I agree with this. Rogue One could have made it without Darth Vader in it at all. But having him in it undoubtedly drew in fans who might not have seen it if he was not in it. Most importantly, it was actually very good. My favorite new Star Wars movie (and entirely Disney) is Rogue One..

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
My favorite new Star Wars movie (and entirely Disney) is Rogue One..

and they should have been doing stuff like it all along and left the Skywalkers out of anything they made new, which comes in the SW's timeline after ROTJ

pre and in between stuff for eps 1 - 6 would have been alright, i guess.

with these new movies in the trilogy, i dont think their vision was bad, but their execution has much to be desired

i am eager though--did i say this already? :) :) -- -for the new tv shows and the new movie trilogies