Spoilers for new Star Wars movies

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
this leak says those more then 200 old imperial destroyers are filled with the new red toys..err, i mean.. Sith troopers

if true, then palp's motive all along has been to bring back the old Sith empire

and, given his love of clones, i'd bet thats what they are. clones that could be 'born' and grown in an accelerated method (like orig clone troops were) instead of parking regular humans in the unknown regions and having them go 'generational'

this plan would need only a small number of regular humans to run until the clones were hatched

either way, this still wont get me into the theatre

https://www.express.co.uk/entertain...-Kylo-Ren-Sith-stormtrooper-fan-theories-date

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
and what did happen to the episode 9 thread? i know we made a thread for every episode/film and anthology film

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
and they should have been doing stuff like it all along and left the Skywalkers out of anything they made new, which comes in the SW's timeline after ROTJ

pre and in between stuff for eps 1 - 6 would have been alright, i guess.

with these new movies in the trilogy, i dont think their vision was bad, but their execution has much to be desired

i am eager though--did i say this already? :) :) -- -for the new tv shows and the new movie trilogies

I am eager to see the Obi-Wan show for sure. But to me the Mandolorian show sounds iffy. If it isn't Boba Fett, why should I care? Way back when they were buzzing about spinoffs, they did mention there might be a Boba Fett movie. I think what trickled into reality was this Mandolorian TV show using a generic Mandolorian, which does not interest me at all. A generic Mandolorian running around killing people or being some sort of hitman could be easily handled by any cop drama writing team who does stuff like Hawaii Five-O or Punisher.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I am eager to see the Obi-Wan show for sure. But to me the Mandolorian show sounds iffy. If it isn't Boba Fett, why should I care? Way back when they were buzzing about spinoffs, they did mention there might be a Boba Fett movie. I think what trickled into reality was this Mandolorian TV show using a generic Mandolorian, which does not interest me at all. A generic Mandolorian running around killing people or being some sort of hitman could be easily handled by any cop drama writing team who does stuff like Hawaii Five-O or Punisher.

boba and jango fett aren't the only mandalorians in the galaxy :)

however, my guess is that they may be treating this as an assembly of characters type thing. that is, the Mandalorian will be the center character but surrounded with many other important , to the SW's story, characters he interacts with- like maybe, Sabine Wren (from REBELS)

also, the potential of what story lines he may intersect with--like the issue of where the dark sabre is as well as unfinished (in REBELS) questions of mandalorian leadership and their role in the fight against the empire

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
boba and jango fett aren't the only mandalorians in the galaxy :)

I get that, but Boba Fett is the only Mandalorian I care about. Just like Chewbacca is not the only Wookie, and C3P0 is not the only Protocol Droid with his design. We saw dozens of them both throughout the Prequel Trilogy and also the OT. But Chewie and 3PO are the only Wookie and Protocol Droid I care about.

however, my guess is that they may be treating this as an assembly of characters type thing. that is, the Mandalorian will be the center character but surrounded with many other important , to the SW's story, characters he interacts with- like maybe, Sabine Wren (from REBELS)

also, the potential of what story lines he may intersect with--like the issue of where the dark sabre is as well as unfinished (in REBELS) questions of mandalorian leadership and their role in the fight against the empire

Ok, and perhaps they will be able to build a good Mandolorian character. But them not making this character Boba Fett to me is proof that George Lucas owns the rights to his character and Disney wants their own Mandolorian character free and clear.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I get that, but Boba Fett is the only Mandalorian I care about. Just like Chewbacca is not the only Wookie, and C3P0 is not the only Protocol Droid with his design. We saw dozens of them both throughout the Prequel Trilogy and also the OT. But Chewie and 3PO are the only Wookie and Protocol Droid I care about.
you want to see the same characters all the time? well, THAT would be like having Kirk -or a Kirk, in every Trek show and film

Ok, and perhaps they will be able to build a good Mandolorian character. But them not making this character Boba Fett to me is proof that George Lucas owns the rights to his character and Disney wants their own Mandolorian character free and clear.

Boba Fett as a character in the OT and prequels, was really not all that much more important then Zuckuss was. They were both devices used to advance the plot. In fetts case it was to track down and abduct Han and bring him to Hutt

he as re-used successfully in a grand way in the pre quels when they used his father as the template for the clones

other then this, he is really not important. Sabine Wren and other mando's have had far more screen time and spoken lines then him and his father combined

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
you want to see the same characters all the time? well, THAT would be like having Kirk -or a Kirk, in every Trek show and film

Boba Fett as a character in the OT and prequels, was really not all that much more important then Zuckuss was. They were both devices used to advance the plot. In fetts case it was to track down and abduct Han and bring him to Hutt

he as re-used successfully in a grand way in the pre quels when they used his father as the template for the clones

other then this, he is really not important. Sabine Wren and other mando's have had far more screen time and spoken lines then him and his father combined

Again, I like what you are saying, but for instance I have never heard of a Zuckuss or Sabine Wren. I also agree that Boba Fett was a minor character. But the fans of any Mandalorian I have met are not even caring about Mandalorians. They just care about Boba Fett the character...who happens to be a Mandalorian. I suppose for those who know these characters, it might be exciting. But how many fans are out there for Star Wars like that? The old farts like us who have been watching Star Wars since the 1970s have a reason to tolerate Disney Star Wars, but for new kids coming in for the first time, it does not seem to be resonating with them. I hope these new SW shows can help to rebuild the excitement. :)

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Zuckuss, bounty hunter from EMPIRE STRIKES BACK

Sabine Wren--I thought you said you watched REBELS? if you even watched 1 ep, you should know who she is

View attachment 35308 zuckuss
images
Sabine Wren

Even with the picture of Zuckuss, he was forgettable (cause I forgot!), and his role in the movie does not ring a bell for me. I will have to watch it again. And yeah I now remember Sabine but I stopped watching when I saw Ashoka in that show. Plus, it's a cartoon and I am just not able to consider cartoon characters as being real life characters that can easily be portrayed by human actors. They would have to do something like they did for Alita to make me able to suspend belief. I can't even imagine a real life Ashoka.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I can't even imagine a real life Ashoka.

we just may get to see her in one of the live action shows coming up- particularly KENOBI

I have seen some speculation that with this whole character smorgasbord for ep 9, and with it having a strong Anakin/Vader component, she could pop up in it as well

she is too popular a character to not be used ever again

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
and what did happen to the episode 9 thread? i know we made a thread for every episode/film and anthology film

They are still here aren't they?