shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Mmm, eye candy! ;)

Shame I no longer have Starz. :(

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Mmm, eye candy! ;)

Shame I no longer have Starz. :(

Just do what I do-sign up in time for Spartacus then dump it (until the DaVinci "time traveller" show starts)

I do the same with HBO and Game of thrones-used to do it for Bill Maher but he got boring when Obama got elected

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
I thought episode 1 was another good installment. The size of Spartacus’ army has changed the dynamic, and they haven’t scaled back the blood, sex and gore at all.

The only odd thing is that Naevia hasn’t forced Crixus to get a shave and haircut yet... :P

B

Backstep

I thought episode 1 was another good installment. The size of Spartacus’ army has changed the dynamic, and they haven’t scaled back the blood, sex and gore at all.

The only odd thing is that Naevia hasn’t forced Crixus to get a shave and haircut yet... :P

All she wants from him is to come back drenched in the blood of Romans :swordswingingsmiley:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

Written history supports the size of his force-it may have been larger. Also, the number of Italians (and the ethnic and oppressed Greeks of southern Italy) who did not have full Roman citizenship that were sympathetic to his cause (overthrowing Rome part) was also quite large though they did not join the fight.

The sex and up close and personal blood spurts are of course, for the "glory" of it all

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
All she wants from him is to come back drenched in the blood of Romans :swordswingingsmiley:

That doesn’t seem very hygienic.

Written history supports the size of his force-it may have been larger. Also, the number of Italians (and the ethnic and oppressed Greeks of southern Italy) who did not have full Roman citizenship that were sympathetic to his cause (overthrowing Rome part) was also quite large though they did not join the fight.

The sex and up close and personal blood spurts are of course, for the "glory" of it all

I'm glad they are being historically accurate but methinks most of the audience is on board for the latter. :P

Kind of like the Roman mob who went to the arena - things haven't changed all that much in 2000 years.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
That doesn’t seem very hygienic.

I'm glad they are being historically accurate but methinks most of the audience is on board for the latter. :P

Kind of like the Roman mob who went to the arena - things haven't changed all that much in 2000 years.

exactly, just all...:tealcanime23::whip: :tealc-gun02::hump:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I'll just leave this right here:

SPARTACUS-VENGEANCE-ManuBennett3-Balance.jpg

+
M10%20Claw%20Hammer%2027mm.jpg

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
After tonight's ep. it seems they are actually toning down the sex= shortened sex scenes, little to no full frontal (M or F). In the previous seasons it would go full force with seemingly nothing held back. Now you can see where full frontal was filmed, but the image stops right above waistline-before they would just show it all- i wonder if someone at starz is getting skiddish?

Also, from the historical side, they seem to be setting up Caesar as a major player in the war on Spartacus. Caeser did take part, but he was little more then a minor officer on Crassus' staff. Oh well, movie makers and their liberties

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
After tonight's ep. it seems they are actually toning down the sex= shortened sex scenes, little to no full frontal (M or F). In the previous seasons it would go full force with seemingly nothing held back. Now you can see where full frontal was filmed, but the image stops right above waistline-before they would just show it all- i wonder if someone at starz is getting skiddish?

I saw an interview with Lucy Lawless who said that they make prosthetic genitalia for the actors to wear so they don't have to actually show their own junk. They do this for both male and female characters. She said they designed a fake vajayjay for her to wear in one scene but then they decided not to shoot her nude. She also said that the actors can show the real thing if they want and that Manu Bennett has a thing for doing genuine nude scenes, so much so that it has gotten to be something of a joke on the set.

And no, I'm not complaining, not complaining at all. ;)

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I saw an interview with Lucy Lawless who said that they make prosthetic genitalia for the actors to wear so they don't have to actually show their own junk. They do this for both male and female characters. She said they designed a fake vajayjay for her to wear in one scene but then they decided not to shoot her nude. She also said that the actors can show the real thing if they want and that Manu Bennett has a thing for doing genuine nude scenes, so much so that it has gotten to be something of a joke on the set.

tumblr_m1w6xkqjop1r36t9do1_500.jpg
tumblr_m0do6o5hvW1qfk1qeo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m3299wUFdM1rs34djo1_500.jpg
tumblr_mdjz3y63Gv1qzwwkwo1_500.jpg

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

Manu isn't small, he's got a full plate of meat and potatoes. ;) There are screen captures of it but never fear, I'm not about to post any here. :anim_59:

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Manu isn't small, he's got a full plate of meat and potatoes. ;) There are screen captures of it but never fear, I'm not about to post any here. :anim_59:

:icon_rotflmao:

Well, I've seen the show but I won't argue. I suppose my only real point of reference isn't really a fair one. :icon_lol:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
:icon_rotflmao:

Well, I've seen the show but I won't argue. I suppose my only real point of reference isn't really a fair one. :icon_lol:

Yeah yeah, we'll be the judge of that. Post that pic of yours to Flame Hell so we can put up a poll. ;) :P :anim_59:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

interesting. i always knew the industry had something they used. i remember back in the 80's I saw a special on hbo or cinemax about special fx and "special fx". back then they used the skin toned no line g string briefs for females and tape fo the guys. so they could look like they were doing it without doing it. i guess part of the problem (aside from the hiv and general std issues) was that actors/actresses and their agents would hold out for more money for the actors to perform without these accouterments. always an angle with these money hounds

back then too, being as young as I was, I used to have a difficult time dealing with the concept of these men and women dealing with each other and seemingly having sex so casually. It was like; "wait up , i know that woman is married, so she is doing this guy for the film then she goes home to her husband-man these actors are NASTY!" Then I got over it. Their life, their f'd up issues to deal with. I had just went in the army and the whole newness of the aids/hiv issue had so many people freaked and questioning behavior like the type in many movies that I think many flicks with the gratuitous sex scene went the way of the dino for a while.

With Spartacus, prosthetic or not, they are still not showing it all like the used to; the body parts or the extended sex scenes. Just curious as to why?

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
interesting. i always knew the industry had something they used. i remember back in the 80's I saw a special on hbo or cinemax about special fx and "special fx". back then they used the skin toned no line g string briefs for females and tape fo the guys. so they could look like they were doing it without doing it. i guess part of the problem (aside from the hiv and general std issues) was that actors/actresses and their agents would hold out for more money for the actors to perform without these accouterments. always an angle with these money hounds

back then too, being as young as I was, I used to have a difficult time dealing with the concept of these men and women dealing with each other and seemingly having sex so casually. It was like; "wait up , i know that woman is married, so she is doing this guy for the film then she goes home to her husband-man these actors are NASTY!" Then I got over it. Their life, their f'd up issues to deal with. I had just went in the army and the whole newness of the aids/hiv issue had so many people freaked and questioning behavior like the type in many movies that I think many flicks with the gratuitous sex scene went the way of the dino for a while.

With Spartacus, prosthetic or not, they are still not showing it all like the used to; the body parts or the extended sex scenes. Just curious as to why?
we are 2 episodes into the season so you drawing the conclusion they are showing less is much much to early and better saved for when we are further into the season or perhaps even wait untill its aired all episodes.