SPAM messages...are they serious?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I LOLed at this message:

spam_message.png

Do you know that many people actually fall for this type of shit? They will reply or ask me if it is legit. Do they really think the FBI is sending them an email to tell them that 8 million is going into their account? :) Yes, some do...sadly. :confused0076:.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
LOL! Do they really think the FBI cybercrime unit sends out emails from an aol.com address? At least it is a little creative, as the old Nigeria scam is well known now.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
AOL email address. :SmileyLaughingTears::icon_rotflmao:

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
LOL! Do they really think the FBI cybercrime unit sends out emails from an aol.com address?

Why not? Hillary did. Maybe the agent just confused his personal with his government server account.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Some people have fallen for this sadly. It's how the Nigerian scam and the love scam claims so many victims. It's often the vulnerable that get targeted.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Some people have fallen for this sadly. It's how the Nigerian scam and the love scam claims so many victims. It's often the vulnerable that get targeted.

It's shocking how often elderly people are scammed this way. I'm not sure what it is about getting old but for some reason it makes people more gullible. I've got a 92yo neighbor that is easily fooled by this stuff.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
It's shocking how often elderly people are scammed this way. I'm not sure what it is about getting old but for some reason it makes people more gullible. I've got a 92yo neighbor that is easily fooled by this stuff.
It's not just old but people who are lonely and need company. We are a social creatures.

I usually love to troll these scammers and using their shit against them just to get a good laugh. I wish that the law enforcement agencies did more to hunt these mother fuckers down for good.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member

Reeeeeally? Hmmm ... better give me that person's phone number, name and address so I can call and make sure I set the person straight. :icon_twisted:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Reeeeeally? Hmmm ... better give me that person's phone number, name and address so I can call and make sure I set the person straight. :icon_twisted:

You gonna promise to send her Speedo pics too? :rolleye0014: :anim_59:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I thought it was Shaved that wanted that.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Ah, screw it! Full Monty! :icon_lol:

I'll be sure she's wearing her prescription magnifying glasses when she receives the pics because, well, you know. ;)

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Other than getting those irritating duct cleaning calls , I recently got the ole computer virus one which I had heard of but never expected to receive . They tell you that there is a virus on your computer and there the only ones who know how to remove it . I always say , well that's funny because I don't own a computer , and they hang up .

;) ;) ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Bahahahaha

spamjuly.png

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
It's been a loooong time since my Nigerian prince contacted me. Granted I did string him along for a while, but I thought he'd be over it by now.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
It's been a loooong time since my Nigerian prince contacted me. Granted I did string him along for a while, but I thought he'd be over it by now.

What a coincidence! I have a Nigerian prince too....and he keeps in touch by telling me he wants to send me millions. I just can't take his money like that....